Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Model 3 delivery estimates for new orders are already into June.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a similar driving record, except a few more years (decades) of driving.
Just called BCAA
ICBC Basic will be about $1000 a year, BCAA - 2 mill liability, $300 deductible, rental etc etc is about $800 so roughly $1800 for the year.
They did say that I can't get it until the car is registered under my name. So the agent has created a file for me, now I just go to Tesla, get the basic insurance on site, call BCAA and give my reference number and should be good to go.
All done over the phone.

I'll call them today and ask if I can get the insurance before hand.
Problem with ICBIC is that its so specific to the person.
I have a completely clean record, driving over 2 decades, zero accidents, no tickets in the last 3 years. So the ICBC quote came out to about double the BCAA one. I will post once I get it sorted.
We went through that situation 3 years ago when we got our Model 3. I knew in advance that the optional coverage was cheaper through BCAA but the logistics of getting the registration forms at the Sales Center and then going to the nearest BCAA office wasn't worth the trouble. We paid for all the coverage through ICBC at the time of delivery. A few days later we switched the optional coverage to BCAA and cancelled the ICBC optional coverage. I don't think there was any cancellation fee from ICBC since it was not a total policy cancellation (but that might be a good question to explore). The savings in 2018 were a few hundred dollars by going with BCAA, especially with some of their discounts for members, multiple vehicles, etc.

Oh wow, good to know thanks. I’m gonna have to snag it up next time. I thought once it had a location it was already sitting there. I’ve been eyeing that config for a few days but wasn’t too sure on the white Interior. Congrats!!
Sorry! The white interior one is still there. I picked up the black interior one. If you go for it I recommend calling the Calgary location. They were super helpful.

I highly recommend ordering a Tesla through a dealership.....the strings they can pull for you are nuts!!!
I took delivery of my M3 SR+ White on Black 7 days after ordering it! they constantly look for cancelled orders/people who cannot take delivery and call you if anything available. I think that's the way to go!

Goodluck lads

Reactions: Windjunk
This week I got:

20, 21, 22, 23, 24 -30 June. This morning I thought, this *sugar* will move right. It will probably move to July-August, but ...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 8.17.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 8.17.16 AM.png
    242.2 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: marcham
This week I got:

20, 21, 22, 23, 24 -30 June. This morning I thought, this *sugar* will move right. It will probably move to July-August, but ...
congrats! It’ll be there in no time. And awesome choice on specs too! Looks like we have the same exact build! I’m taking delivery Saturday. What’s your VIN range? Mine is 9879xx. Wonder if ours is close to each other. Could be built on same batch.

Reactions: BobBr