Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Model 3 delivery estimates for new orders are already into June.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The White SR+ with black interior are very high volume since they are the cheapest option, and there are lots of people looking to get a new Tesla at the lower cost possible.

People willing to spend $17,000 more for an LR (12k for the car and 5k in federal rebate eligibility), likely aren't too concerned about spending $1300 more for a different colour, so you see fewer white LRs. MSM seems really popular right now.

I think pearl white is the nicest colour, and I chose it for my M3P. I would have paid extra for it if required, but I'm happy I didn't have to.
The White SR+ with black interior are very high volume since they are the cheapest option, and there are lots of people looking to get a new Tesla at the lower cost possible.

People willing to spend $17,000 more for an LR (12k for the car and 5k in federal rebate eligibility), likely aren't too concerned about spending $1300 more for a different colour, so you see fewer white LRs. MSM seems really popular right now.

I think pearl white is the nicest colour, and I chose it for my M3P. I would have paid extra for it if required, but I'm happy I didn't have to.
That makes sense. I don’t mind the white. MSM was my initial choice but I also like the blue. But the colour isn’t that important to me. I figure I’m
on the inside.

And when I found out there’s an even better incentive if it’s a business purchase, I decided to go for that. I plan on driving it as an Uber on the side for a few years. It’s our second vehicle so I can keep the percentage of business use well over 50%.
I can claim up to $55,000 plus HST as a business expense deduction in the first year of owning it. This isn’t limited to vehicles less than that price.

So, depending on your marginal tax rate, that’s substantial. Even if I use it half the time for Uber, at a tax rate of 33%, thats over a $9000 tax savings available the first year. If I keep it for mostly Uber, at least for the first few years, that basically makes a 65k car more like a 48K car.

I know, everyone is going to comment it’s stupid to use a Tesla for Uber. But I think this makes sense. Do this for a few years, more heavily, and then I still have a slightly well used model 3 for cheaper. and I actually kind of like driving Uber sometimes. I’ll like it more not paying for gas.

Hello all,

I am brand new here. I just ordered - see if I can get the nomenclature right - a M3SR Blue with FSD.

Initially, it said 9 to 13 weeks on my summary page; today, it's flipped to August 9 to August 25 ... which, I suppose, is about 9 to 13 weeks.

I'll be in the Guelph area with this car - my first Tesla - but am arranging to pick it up in Oakville.

I'm looking forward to learning, observing, and asking questions here over time.
Be prepared for lots of fluctuation with the EDD. If I were you, I would just not look at that page at all and wait to get an email. Expect several months. It’s brutal right now

I know of someone who pick his up in Ottawa recently and had the same thing happen. It looks like Tesla staff (not sure if local or in California) need to re-confirm the details in their system before delivery, and with the really high volume, sometimes errors happens. I think in that case the down payment had been reset to the default of $7500. The SA and delivery advisor were able to sort it out before the appointment. Call your SA or the delivery centre and they should be able to sort it out for you.
This with me is I was approved June 7 with the lower rate, not sure if it was a mistake but the rate is guaranteed for 30 days. Will get an update in the coming days

My original pick up was Vancouver, for this Red M3 they said it was on the way to Surrey but I now have a delivery appointment for this week in Vancouver. I guess they can re route the car?
Too bad we can’t swap cars? Mine is ready to go in Surrey but would prefer to pick up in Vancouver as I’m right by the pick up center, Surrey is a drive for me. I wouldn’t mind waiting if I was guaranteed a car in Vancouver

Lucky west coasters with your short shipping time from Fremont. For us out East, its 2+ weeks between the Tesla Vision acceptance and delivery.
I'm in Toronto. Ordered on May 23rd. Got the Tesla vision today, with VIN number on source code. Will schedule delivery end of this week.
Just curious about the type of battery pack that will be included (not sure if will get LFP or Lithium-ion)

I'm in Toronto. Ordered on May 23rd. Got the Tesla vision today, with VIN number on source code. Will schedule delivery end of this week.
Just curious about the type of battery pack that will be included (not sure if will get LFP or Lithium-ion)
If you Google search for the TeslaTap VIN Decoder, it will tell you what each of the fields of the VIN represent. There is a character for "Battery Type", but I saw a SR+ in Vancouver with a May 30th 2021 build date which had a VIN with battery type "E = Lithium-Ion Battery - Electric", suggesting that the LFP change has not happened yet.

If you Google search for the TeslaTap VIN Decoder, it will tell you what each of the fields of the VIN represent. There is a character for "Battery Type", but I saw a SR+ in Vancouver with a May 30th 2021 build date which had a VIN with battery type "E = Lithium-Ion Battery - Electric", suggesting that the LFP change has not happened yet.
Thanks for the info! I’m getting a Lithium pack.

Not sure we can conclude that. According to Wiki: "LFP battery (lithium ferrophosphate), is a type of lithium-ion battery". I think the best way to know is to either weigh the car, or maybe look the charge settings to see if there is still a 90% recommended limit.
Good point. Looking into this further, the VIN decoder filed with the US DOT states Digit 7 is "Fuel Type" and only has a possible value of "E" for electric.

So take the VIN method of determining battery type with a grain of salt. Best methods would be the suggestions @Beniot99 made.

Took delivery today... all seems good! Only minor issue was the trunk lid was really close to touching the bumper. Service centre addressed within 20 mins! Drive home was fun, got the SR+ and this thing is fast (though I’m comparing it to an Elantra 😂)
Congrats Chris! Did your 3DMaxpider mats fit ok in the end? Particularly on the passenger side?

Reactions: ArdeliaMapp
I'm taking delivery on Wednesday, and I bought the following accessories for the car (M3 SR+, black and white interior, red exterior, 18" Aero wheels). All prices in Canadian

From Amazon.ca:
Rear seat cover for dogs ($50) Dog Car Seat Cover - Waterproof Zipper Large Back Dog Hammock with Mesh Viewing Window - Anti-Scratch Nonslip 600D Heavy Duty Pet Car Back Seat Covers and Durable Extra Cover for Cars Trucks and SUV

Floor mats ($150) TOPlight Model 3 All Weather Floor Mats,Heavy Duty Durable Flexible Odorless TPE Material Compatible for 2017-2020 Tesla Model 3 (Set of 3)

Rear trunk mat ($65) for Tesla model3 Foot pad, Rear Storage Box pad Model 3 Interior Accessories, Waterproof, Largest Coverage (Rear Storage Box Mat)

Screen protector ($25) Model 3 Center Screen Protector Model 3 Model Y 15" Center Control Touchscreen Car Navigation Touch Screen Protector Tempered Glass 9H Anti-Scratch and Shock Resistant for Model 3 Screen Protector

Centre console wrap ($20) WJM Tesla Model 3 Model Y Center Console Wrap Center Console Plastic ABS Cover for Tesla Model 3 Model Y (Matt Black)

From Tesloid.ca
Aero wheels cap kit ($45) Model 3 Aero Wheel Cap Kit - Easy Remove

From S3XY Models
Seat covers ($430) All-Season Leather Seat Covers | Tesla Model 3/Y 2017-2021 × 1

I will let y'all know how everything fits/holds up. I bought the items on the basis of reviews being high for the 2021 Model 3.

Reactions: JMO_Tes_Newbie