Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Model 3 delivery estimates for new orders are already into June.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For sure, I’ll post some pics here! My car comes with white seats, and I’m getting black seat covers. As I accepted this car instead of the one I originally ordered, I never would have chosen white seats, but it was better than waiting
We should just switch cars 😂 my seats are black but I wish I could have changed to white. Was too late to change it so I still with it. I’ll actually be buying the white seats covers to put over the black

Look forward to seeing your car Wednesday

I emailed my SA to ask for the Bill of Sale, and I got confirmation that my car has arrived at the Ottawa location. They're doing the inspection, prep, plates and licensing and confirmed my appointment for Saturday morning. I think it might be ready earlier, but I didn't push for an earlier delivery since my schedule is not great for the rest of the week anyways. It's pretty real now o_O. Hopefully I can get some sleep for the rest of the week. It's ben a long wait since March 26th, lol!

Reactions: BobBr
Just put down my order on a M3 and now joining the waiting anxiously group. It went right to projecting a delivery date of ealy August so we'll see how it goes. Had a few first time questions

- I put in for a cash purchase with the plan to change later to financing. The person at our local tesla service centre said this wouldn't be a problem, wondering if anyone has done this.
- The next step asks for insurance info. I assume this comes right before I pick up the car and not something for right now or when the VIN is ready?

Can't wait to compulsively refresh the account page and this forum thread

Just put down my order on a M3 and now joining the waiting anxiously group. It went right to projecting a delivery date of ealy August so we'll see how it goes. Had a few first time questions

- I put in for a cash purchase with the plan to change later to financing. The person at our local tesla service centre said this wouldn't be a problem, wondering if anyone has done this.
- The next step asks for insurance info. I assume this comes right before I pick up the car and not something for right now or when the VIN is ready?

Can't wait to compulsively refresh the account page and this forum thread
Yah you can leave it blank. Although my SA filled it in for me with blank info.

it doesn’t affect the queue. Btw if you want the vehicle faster it’s highly recommended looking at the existing inventory page and refreshing that instead of your account profile.

Hey everyone!
I ordered a sr+ last weekend, very excited!
I guess a super basic question - if I see a model pop up on the inventory page, how do I know if I click "buy" I'm not making another reservation, but actually securing a car ? Is there a way to verify a VIN etc before clicking "order" again ?
Thx!
1623866981544.png

Hey everyone!
I ordered a sr+ last weekend, very excited!
I guess a super basic question - if I see a model pop up on the inventory page, how do I know if I click "buy" I'm not making another reservation, but actually securing a car ? Is there a way to verify a VIN etc before clicking "order" again ?
Thx!
View attachment 674026
Hey,

My understanding is if you choose to click “buy” it is another reservation. From experience when I was looking for vehicles in inventory, if a similar configuration (doesn’t have to be exact) is available nearby, when you go to “my account” there will be an option titled “accelerated delivery”. It will list the available option and if you want to proceed it will prompt you towards the next steps. Again, this is only if an available build is nearby and not sold. Personally, I believe this is the fastest way to go about it since you’re not relying on a SA to pick up your call/messages in time before it gets sold. Or if u don’t mind losing the $100 u can just make another reservation

7212225F-153A-46F5-87E5-AB14769DA2A5.jpeg
Picked up at theVancouver location today. Was plenty of parking and service was great. Paid $4,017 for a full year of insurance with park plates (and my husband as a listed driver who has had two minor accidents 🙄) also paid $1600 for four years worth or replacement insurance. They DO provide license plate frames and mount the plates for you.
Came home and installed floor mats, dog hammock, and screen protector - all work and fit great. Thoroughly enjoyed my drive home in rush hour ❤️‍🔥

View attachment 674110Picked up at theVancouver location today. Was plenty of parking and service was great. Paid $4,017 for a full year of insurance with park plates (and my husband as a listed driver who has had two minor accidents 🙄) also paid $1600 for four years worth or replacement insurance. They DO provide license plate frames and mount the plates for you.
Came home and installed floor mats, dog hammock, and screen protector - all work and fit great. Thoroughly enjoyed my drive home in rush hour ❤️‍🔥
Looks 🔥 how long was the overall process (setting up insurance, signing contract, walk around and guide through) if you don’t mind me asking

View attachment 674110Picked up at theVancouver location today. Was plenty of parking and service was great. Paid $4,017 for a full year of insurance with park plates (and my husband as a listed driver who has had two minor accidents 🙄) also paid $1600 for four years worth or replacement insurance. They DO provide license plate frames and mount the plates for you.
Looks amazing, you didn’t notice any label gaps? I get mine tomorrow, can’t wait

What’s the replacement insurance?

Looks 🔥 how long was the overall process (setting up insurance, signing contract, walk around and guide through) if you don’t mind me asking
Less than an hour, maybe 40 min. They give you clip board and pen to sign a bunch of papers, you look over the car, insurance took 15 min, they put on the plates and off you go! They’re super helpful and it was not a busy day. Just me and a few other customers picking up at that time.

Reactions: Freshhprince95
Looks amazing, you didn’t notice any label gaps? I get mine tomorrow, can’t wait

What’s the replacement insurance?
No gaps no issues. Car is mint. Replacement insurance they offer is pretty good actually. If the car is deemed a write off after an accident, doesn’t matter whose at fault, ICBC buys me a brand new one ( even if this happens a few years from now). Also, any time I have to use my collision or comprehensive, ICBC sends me a cheque for $500, unlimited uses. So obviously I set my deductible for $500. I asked “so if I drive this car into a wall on purpose and it’s determined a write off, new car?” The guys like “yep” 😂

No gaps no issues. Car is mint. Replacement insurance they offer is pretty good actually. If the car is deemed a write off after an accident, doesn’t matter whose at fault, ICBC buys me a brand new one ( even if this happens a few years from now). Also, any time I have to use my collision or comprehensive, ICBC sends me a cheque for $500, unlimited uses. So obviously I set my deductible for $500. I asked “so if I drive this car into a wall on purpose and it’s determined a write off, new car?” The guys like “yep” 😂
That's pretty common here in Ontario. I have it for 5 years on my policy. It's less than $100/year, so it's pretty much a no-brainer. It's not true replacement however. If the car is a total loss in the first 5 years, the insurance pays out exactly the amount on the original bill of sale. So if the price of the car has increased, the difference is not covered.

I went to take delivery of my new 3 on Monday. On arrival I noticed it was covered in stone chips. Probably 5 on the front end, and another 5-6 on each side. The car was filthy and covered in bird s$&t. Very surprising. I refused delivery and they arranged for a different car to be picked up tomorrow

I just got a 9pm call from the delivery team telling me that the new car didn’t pass inspection and there’s an issue with the suspension and that they need some time to resolve it with service

This is Tesla #5 for me, but this is a new experience