Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Model 3 delivery estimates for new orders are already into June.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went to take delivery of my new 3 on Monday. On arrival I noticed it was covered in stone chips. Probably 5 on the front end, and another 5-6 on each side. The car was filthy and covered in bird s$&t. Very surprising. I refused delivery and they arranged for a different car to be picked up tomorrow

I just got a 9pm call from the delivery team telling me that the new car didn’t pass inspection and there’s an issue with the suspension and that they need some time to resolve it with service

This is Tesla #5 for me, but this is a new experience
Wow, did they offer to compensate you in anyway? How hard is it for them to wash the car before delivering it.

The stone chips I guess can be repaired easily after depending on how bad it is...

Nice and congrats! Is it a new or demo? If new, may I ask when you ordered?
It's new, less than 50km on odometer. Technically June 12th because I changed my config and got pushed to the very back of the queue. But then I got lucky and saw a vehicle in inventory for exact same config so I paid an extra $100 to reserve it as a second order and called my SA after to assign the VIN to my original reservation and cancel the second order.

Spent an extra $100 but I got a car way faster, my original EDD was somewhere in July/August. I didn't mind because I sold my car a lot earlier than anticipated since I got a good offer for it, well worth the extra $100 I spent to get the car earlier.

Reactions: Ryakal
It's new, less than 50km on odometer. Technically June 12th because I changed my config and got pushed to the very back of the queue. But then I got lucky and saw a vehicle in inventory for exact same config so I paid an extra $100 to reserve it as a second order and called my SA after to assign the VIN to my original reservation and cancel the second order.

Spent an extra $100 but I got a car way faster, my original EDD was somewhere in July/August. I didn't mind because I sold my car a lot earlier than anticipated since I got a good offer for it, well worth the extra $100 I spent to get the car earlier.
Ah I see. I'm considering taking that route as well depending on how much more I'll have to wait. I put in an order on March 27, so I hope I don't have to wait any longer. I am getting very anxious to get the car, it's testing my patience like crazy.

Once again, congrats on the car!

Hello all,
I have an appointment for June 19 in Vancouver. I ordered June 2 but I told my SA if any colors and other configurations will be able to speed it up, I would be okay to do that.. New configuration is M3 SR+ Midnight Silver color with White interior & 19" sport wheels.
I am just wondering if I can exchange 19" sport wheels to 18’’ Aero Wheels + cash ? Any suggestions for exchange ?

No gaps no issues. Car is mint. Replacement insurance they offer is pretty good actually. If the car is deemed a write off after an accident, doesn’t matter whose at fault, ICBC buys me a brand new one ( even if this happens a few years from now). Also, any time I have to use my collision or comprehensive, ICBC sends me a cheque for $500, unlimited uses. So obviously I set my deductible for $500. I asked “so if I drive this car into a wall on purpose and it’s determined a write off, new car?” The guys like “yep” 😂
At one time many years ago, I was in a 5 car chain collision on the Gardner in Toronto; the car was a write-off (cop was amazed I survived). The car was 3 years old, but I had replacement insurance and got the full original value of the car. Highly recommended (the insurance, not the collision)

Reactions: ArdeliaMapp
Hello all,
I have an appointment for June 19 in Vancouver. I ordered June 2 but I told my SA if any colors and other configurations will be able to speed it up, I would be okay to do that.. New configuration is M3 SR+ Midnight Silver color with White interior & 19" sport wheels.
I am just wondering if I can exchange 19" sport wheels to 18’’ Aero Wheels + cash ? Any suggestions for exchange ?
I don't think so but I'll swap with you if you want I just picked my car up with the aero wheels and really like the look of the 19 sport ones

Hello all,
My SA told me we can’t exchange the wheel, you have to take what ever the configuration that they offer you or stay on the list of what your actual order.

That sucks. Any details on what you saw?
I made a separate thread but in short it was this and it wasn’t fixable unless they completely sanded and painted it which they won’t do. I caution everyone to check their cars thoroughly and print off the check list

Attachments

• F4B2CA58-43C0-423B-9484-E5777A57031C.jpeg
    F4B2CA58-43C0-423B-9484-E5777A57031C.jpeg
    214.2 KB · Views: 79
  • 647AA7BA-C1E5-4051-811F-AA9EE87B1400.jpeg
    647AA7BA-C1E5-4051-811F-AA9EE87B1400.jpeg
    289 KB · Views: 55
No gaps no issues. Car is mint. Replacement insurance they offer is pretty good actually. If the car is deemed a write off after an accident, doesn’t matter whose at fault, ICBC buys me a brand new one ( even if this happens a few years from now). Also, any time I have to use my collision or comprehensive, ICBC sends me a cheque for $500, unlimited uses. So obviously I set my deductible for $500. I asked “so if I drive this car into a wall on purpose and it’s determined a write off, new car?” The guys like “yep” 😂
The waiver of your deductible is ONLY if a replacement is warranted (50%+ damage). Regular comprehensive/collision you are still paying your $500 deductible each claim.

Always read the wording documents for insurance and don't just go off what the agent says. With that said, replacement insurance is still very reasonable and I would highly recommend it to every new car purchase.

Reactions: ArdeliaMapp
Being new here, I'll ask where i might find this checklist .....?

Got it linked there

I know I'm told that I shouldn't get excited about the online delivery date, but my status just changed to:

CleanShot 2021-06-18 at 08.18.02@2x.png

My original order date was June 12. I did change the M3SR+ from Blue to Grey...

I fully expect to have my excitement quashed, my dream of early delivery destroyed, my hope for joy to be vanquished and my expectations of excitement to be eliminated with another date shift back in time ... but just saying....

Got it linked there

For some reason the PDF on that site doesn't download for me. Are you able to attach the PDF file here using "Attach Files" in the reply section?

Thanks 🙏