Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Model 3 delivery estimates for new orders are already into June.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my wife said since our SR+ EDD is being pushed into Nov, but we can grab a Performance in 4-6 wks, she let me decide to reorder if I want to get a Tesla quicker…been up all night thinking about it lol…every other Tesla is gonna take months to get, even a model S (I bet I can talk her into it now that she was ok to get a faster car, money wasn’t the issue but she actually likes the style of the 3 the most…)

We both test drove a SR+ overnight and liked it and felt it was fast enough but here I am given a chance to choose…and I’m flipping back and forth and now also looking at LR with boost…again deciding what is the next best value between LR and Performance

So my wife said since our SR+ EDD is being pushed into Nov, but we can grab a Performance in 4-6 wks, she let me decide to reorder if I want to get a Tesla quicker…been up all night thinking about it lol…every other Tesla is gonna take months to get, even a model S (I bet I can talk her into it now that she was ok to get a faster car, money wasn’t the issue but she actually likes the style of the 3 the most…)

We both test drove a SR+ overnight and liked it and felt it was fast enough but here I am given a chance to choose…and I’m flipping back and forth and now also looking at LR with boost…again deciding what is the next best value between LR and Performance
With my driving needs mainly in the cities, the better acceleration - it's good enough already like you said - and range wasn't that much value. Even if I go for a road trip, it seems there are adequate chargers with SR+ unless I'm going somewhere remote. If you order LR I'm guessing it won't be much quicker than your current SR+ order. So if I went for the P, I'm basically paying $30k extra (after taxes and loss of govt rebate) so I can receive the car 2 months earlier. Granted if I sell the car in a couple years, I can recoup some of it but just take a larger depreciation loss than SR+.

1629832016711.png