Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Model 3 delivery estimates for new orders are already into June.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if this will make people feel better about the SR+'s new 0-100, but I owned a RX350 just prior to ordering a model 3 and the 0-100 was 7.7s and I thought it was flying lol. Also I'm sure SR+ will fly even faster once it's actually in motion and accelerating.

I'm curious, was the following statement there prior to yesterday's update?

Very Cold Weather​

For the best long range driving experience in the coldest driving conditions, we recommend a Long Range or Performance Model 3.
Yes it was there.

Noticed that the range is now at 438 km's with the 18" wheels and at 430 km's with the 19" wheels.

We can you see what battery is included with the new models? How do I know what battery I will get?
I can see nothing in writing on the Tesla site only comments on here mainly form the US side.

Where did you see this statement?
On the main page
click the link

Screenshot (25).png

Screenshot (24).png

Order date Aug 10th
Initial EDD: Oct 3 to 23
Delivery Date was Nov 5th - Called SA and moved it to Nov 7th since it was sunday.
Order M3+ white/white.
Cant wait for Nov 7th now......

Hi there,
Original Order Date Aug 8th.
M3 white / white.
location is Oakville.
I'm getting the run around from Tesla and saying that my EDD is still Jan/Feb when originally Sept/Oct.
Tesla said they want know who specifically is getting similar orders in GTA.
I just want to escalate this so that I have a better idea on when to expect the vehicle I ordered.

Can you help me out? I would've PM'd but do not have the ability for some reason.

Ordered Aug. 18, M3 SR+ White/White no other upgrades
Initial delivery date fluctuated in October out to Nov.13

Had a call last week from Tesla and arranged a delivery date for Nov 6 in Vaughan.
I was preparing for a long wait, so there is hope!
Hi there,
M3 white / white.
location is Oakville.
I'm getting the run around from Tesla and saying that my EDD is still Jan/Feb when originally Sept/Oct.
I just want to escalate this so that I have a better idea on when to expect the vehicle I ordered.

Can you help me out? I would've PM'd but do not have the ability for some reason.

Hi there,
M3 white / white.
location is Oakville.

Did you change your specs after order?
Mine was Aug 10 order - no changes were done.
Delivery is on Nov 7.......

I would not say that... I know of two people that ordered in late August who got theirs in the past two weeks. Plus, with the probability growing of the 8K federal tax credit coming back to the US in Jan 2022, a lot of Americans are pushing out their Tesla orders out. Fingers crossed this may be favorable to us in Canada :)

M3 SR+, Pearl White/Black, Areo Wheels no FSD
Order date: Sep 27th
Initial EDD: March
Oct 22 EDD: Jan 29-Feb 18 2022
Apparently Hertz has already received their first batch of order. It’s not out of line to say most if not all our cars have been pulled to fulfil its order, hence the last minute two months delay. I wouldn’t be surprised if there will be further delay on our orders.

Hi there,
M3 white / white.
location is Oakville.

Did you choose 'finance' option when you were checking out?
Obviously I can't comment on the accuracy of this statement but I remember watching a youtube video of someone saying you get your car earlier if you choose 'cash' option and near the pickup date you can change the option to financing.
He said it's because of the paperwork involved. Again, don't quote me on this though!

I see a lot of people getting excited over the LFP… but what about cold weather performance? I’ve scoured the net for cold weather reviews, and the little I’ve found seem to suggest it has chalenges with supercharging amongst other things. -10C/-20C will be a daily reality for me once winter comes.
Very concerned about this myself. I ordered a new one in early October. The older version battery isn’t great in those conditions but at least it’s known and predictable. Everything I’ve read is LFP is worse. Takes longer to warm, longer to charge. I don’t have home charging available anymore so I’m not keen on getting this new battery. Also not keen on the reduction in acceleration that wasn’t advertised when I placed my deposit.

Seeing all these reports of delivery dates being pushed back is kinda depressing. I’ve been saving and preparing to order my Model 3 for what feels like forever and when I do finally send the order, I don’t want to wait 6 months or more!

Funnily enough, I was filling out an application for a new credit card online – creditcardgenius.ca – the other day and noticed that they automatically added me to a draw for a Tesla (well, they will once my application is approved). The draw date isn’t until June of 2022, but it’s funny to think that I could win and take delivery of that car faster than if I ordered it myself!

Did you choose 'finance' option when you were checking out?
Obviously I can't comment on the accuracy of this statement but I remember watching a youtube video of someone saying you get your car earlier if you choose 'cash' option and near the pickup date you can change the option to financing.
He said it's because of the paperwork involved. Again, don't quote me on this though!
No, I chose the 'cash' option. Extremely frustrating when you start to see people receiving delivery dates and vehicles with Order dates after mine.
Would be nice if there was more transparency in vehicle allocation process as well as what factors determine priority other than Order Date.

Ordered: 8/16/2021
EDD: January 03 - January 31

As my sales advisor has told me I will get the 2022 model, I am wondering about the NCA and LFP batteries which one is good in Vancouver.
There's a trade off on both battery. Vancouver isn't that cold in the winter so the LFP batteries should do fine. You get a longer usable range as the battery can be charged up to 100% regularly but the acceleration is not as fast as the NCA.