Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Model 3 delivery estimates for new orders are already into June.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered: 8/16/2021
EDD: January 03 - January 31

As my sales advisor has told me I will get the 2022 model, I am wondering about the NCA and LFP batteries which one is good in Vancouver.

Did your advisor suggest what they’re doing for customers that will now be getting a slower car with slower charging and worse performance in the winter than the one they originally ordered?

July 24 order SR+ blue / black interior and EDD 8 - 14 weeks.
After a few days got EDD Sep 5 - Sep 25.
Then EDD changed to Oct 14 - Nov 3.
Oct 3, EDD changed to Oct 16 - Oct 30.
Oct 5, EDD changed to Oct 19 - Nov 16.
Oct 9, EDD changed to Oct 24 - Nov 7 (back to a 2 week window).
Oct 16, got VIN number in page source, EDD still showing Oct 24 - Nov 7.
Oct 17, EDD changed to Oct 30 - Nov 3. VIN # still showing in page source.
Oct 19, delivery scheduled for Nov 3.
Oct 24, delivery changed to Oct 29 (because car arrived earlier than expected).
Oct 29, delivery when smooth without major issues, just a minor trunk trim misalignment that I fixed by myself in 2 minutes adjusting the rubber dead stops. Tesla was willing to fix the trim issue with a service appointment. No needed to waste half of my day visiting the service centre.
Just before accepting delivery, I noticed that the mud flaps were not installed. For Ontario they should come installed. After inquiring several times to my Tesla advisor he acknowledged that they were missing. A service guy showed up to the parking lot and installed them in 5 minutes.
Overall, very happy with the car and the whole experience. One pedal driving, instant airplane acceleration, 8 eyes built in cameras looking for you, high tech software and interface driving for you, and so many more exceptional features. Never going back to fossil car, this is the future.
Oct 30, front bracket with license plate fell off during driving and went missing. Fortunately my daughter found the plastic holder with the plate on the bushes when walking out our dog. It looks like the plate flew away went turning at the first intersection. So whoever installed the holder a the Tesla Kitchener location didn't follow the instructions. Trying now to arrange a mobile service to replace the plate holder and properly install it in my driveway.
Congratulations on your delivery might see you around town.

I just sent the email this morning to ask these questions. I am really disappointed about the change.
I mean the answer is simple, why even bother with the email… It is not like they are going to produce a special car for you with the older battery. They are going to tell you this is new model and if you are concerned about the cold weather, upgrade your order to a AWD version… They may offer cancelling your order with a deposit refund, at best…

I mean the answer is simple, why even bother with the email… It is not like they are going to produce a special car for you with the older battery. They are going to tell you this is new model and if you are concerned about the cold weather, upgrade your order to a AWD version… They may offer cancelling your order with a deposit refund, at best…
because of the EV rebate policy, I don't think it is a good idea to have the AWD version.

Delivered today: Nov. 6th, 2021

Ordered: Aug. 8th, 2021, M3P, white/black, no FSD
Initial EDD: Oct. 27th - Nov. 17th, 2021

Delivery process was super easy:

0. Asked an employee for parking;
1. stated the last name at counter #1, got the keys with the plate number;
2. Found the car outside, pretended to be doing some checklist;
3. Went inside to counter #2 with all documents signed, paid the registration with a credit card, and submitted the registered cheque;
4. Got back to the car, and scratched my head: how to drive this thing (too bad). A super friendly employee showed up and gave me a formal training;
5. Got away with the car.

Hi,
My EDD was originally Oct 20 - Nov 9 so I applied for financing early Oct. Now that delivery dates have been pushed for most, wondering if anyone anyone has had to reapply for financing with the recent delays? Curious if I will get notified if im outside the 3 month window or of I’ll have to reapply on my own.

Hi,
My EDD was originally Oct 20 - Nov 9 so I applied for financing early Oct. Now that delivery dates have been pushed for most, wondering if anyone anyone has had to reapply for financing with the recent delays? Curious if I will get notified if im outside the 3 month window or of I’ll have to reapply on my own.
I'm waiting to get the VIN or at least the email saying to schedule the pickup to apply for financing.

SR+ white/white with Sport wheels upgrade ordered on 11/02 and received an EDD of Feb-Mar.
I am worried of the incentive/rebate status ($8000 in BC) when I get my car delivered, anyone have speculation on if they're extending it?

Account updated again today. Went from September EDD to Jan-Feb!
With the federal izev rebate, are you required to keep the car for a year?

The iZEV Program offers point-of-sale incentives for consumers who buy or lease a ZEV vehicle. Only the vehicles listed on our website are eligible for an incentive when they're purchased or leased for at least 12 months, on or after the eligibility date.