Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Model 3 delivery estimates for new orders are already into June.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

The iZEV Program offers point-of-sale incentives for consumers who buy or lease a ZEV vehicle. Only the vehicles listed on our website are eligible for an incentive when they're purchased or leased for at least 12 months, on or after the eligibility date.
Yes I read that verbiage. The 12 month requirement, based on my plain reading, applies to leases. I couldn’t find any resource that clarified if a 12 month ownership was required. If LFP sucks in the cold as it might do, I don’t want to have to keep it for a year.

Yes I read that verbiage. The 12 month requirement, based on my plain reading, applies to leases. I couldn’t find any resource that clarified if a 12 month ownership was required. If LFP sucks in the cold as it might do, I don’t want to have to keep it for a year.
when i got my car in Sept, i recall signing a document for the rebate and it said you can claim the rebate once per calendar year. don't think there is a restriction on how long you must keep the car for (unlike some of the provincial rebates).

when i got my car in Sept, i recall signing a document for the rebate and it said you can claim the rebate once per calendar year. don't think there is a restriction on how long you must keep the car for (unlike some of the provincial rebates).
Can anyone confirm this?

I wanted to sell my tesla within a year. I know $3000 bc rebate I've to give back.

But what about the $5000? One dealer told me he bought many tesla before and the govt asks you to pay back. Not sure if he said this because he didn't want me to sell to another dealer.

Good point. What does your insurer say? You’re only eligible for one rebate per year and you need a new car. Do they chisel and give replacement cost less 5k or actually pay to replace it?
The rebate was never brought up by my insurer.

The accident happened back in late August, 100% not at fault. They ended up giving me a net settlement of 68k as they could not get/find a replacement.

So here I am waiting for another one.....

The rebate was never brought up by my insurer.

The accident happened back in late August, 100% not at fault. They ended up giving me a net settlement of 68k as they could not get/find a replacement.

So here I am waiting for another one again.....
I would think since none of the sharp minds here can link to a government site indicating clearly the rules on this, I’m thinking it’s unlikely ownership needs to be maintained.

Can anyone confirm this?

I wanted to sell my tesla within a year. I know $3000 bc rebate I've to give back.

But what about the $5000? One dealer told me he bought many tesla before and the govt asks you to pay back. Not sure if he said this because he didn't want me to sell to another dealer.
from the following site: Incentives for purchasing zero-emission vehicles

"There is a limit to how many eligible ZEVs Canadians can purchase or lease under the iZEV Program. Individuals are eligible for one incentive under this Program in a calendar year. Businesses and provincial/territorial and municipal governments operating fleets are eligible for up to 10 incentives under this Program in a calendar year."

i did not find any wording on the site for ownership period other than for leases.

Hey all, been lurking here for a few days!
Ordered my Model 3 LR white/white/aero on September 22nd. EDD originally said "November", then "November 1 - November 30" and a couple of days ago it has updated to "November 16 - November 30". No VIN on the app, website or source code yet

Ordered Aug 6th
EDD has bounced around from some time in Oct, then some time in Nov, then disappeared, then March, then disappeared, then Feb 9 - March 9, then Jan 19-Feb 16.

Yesterday, received an email with a VIN. Checked the website and it gave a delivery date of Nov 9th (when I checked the day before it was the Jan-Feb timeline). When we first ordered, I think the range given was 8-14 weeks, so even with all the noise of the EDD bouncing around, it still fell within their estimates.

Anyway, just thought I would mention it since I had not seen anyone else posting about their EDD showing weeks/months out but then getting a VIN / delivery date notification.

Now to get insurance, bank draft, wheels....
The EDD ended up getting pulled in even more. We picked it up on Nov 4th.

While we were there (Ottawa location), another car carrier arrived with a new batch. There was also a Plaid Model S in one of the bays awaiting pickup. On Friday we drove from Ottawa to Toronto and saw two more car carriers of Teslas. So, it looks like they are pumping them out like crazy.

Hey all, been lurking here for a few days!
Ordered my Model 3 LR white/white/aero on September 22nd. EDD originally said "November", then "November 1 - November 30" and a couple of days ago it has updated to "November 16 - November 30". No VIN on the app, website or source code yet
Hey, when you get your VIN, would you mind checking if yours is the 2021 or 2022 model?
I ordered my Long Range in October and there's since been an update so I was wondering if I'm getting the new 2022 model.

Hey, when you get your VIN, would you mind checking if yours is the 2021 or 2022 model?
I ordered my Long Range in October and there's since been an update so I was wondering if I'm getting the new 2022 model.
Yeah will do. Though to be honest, aside from maybe a small benefit in resale value in the next 3-4 years, I'm not particularly fussed about the model year. The cars are pretty much identical and any difference is resale is likely going to start fading in 5+ years, which is at least how long I plan to keep the car anyway.

Reactions: kakao
Yeah will do. Though to be honest, aside from maybe a small benefit in resale value in the next 3-4 years, I'm not particularly fussed about the model year. The cars are pretty much identical and any difference is resale is likely going to start fading in 5+ years, which is at least how long I plan to keep the car anyway.
To be honest, I absolutely agree with you.

Reactions: rocker_01