Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Model 3 delivery estimates for new orders are already into June.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD Updated this morning: July 8 - July 22.

No VIN assigned yet as far as I can see. Will check source code over the next few days

I am considering changing to a LR model in grey from a RWD model in black.

My current price is $59,880 (if I just change back to grey, $61,880 if I keep black).

The grey LR price at my February order date is $67,500.
It is currently $77,000. And the RWD is currently $62,000.

So if I switch I am paying $5,000 more AND losing a $7,000 rebate. But I am getting a LR for $10k less than current MSRP.

Not really sure what to do. Don't even think my RWD will get delivered until 2023 since I ordered in Feb 2022. A lot of people who ordered SR+ in 2021 still haven't gotten anything.

Current ETA changed from August 15 to Sept 26 ---> August 21 to Sept 25 (...sigh, useless random changes)

My current price is $59,880 (if I just change back to grey, $61,880 if I keep black).

So if I switch I am paying $5,000 more AND losing a $7,000 rebate. But I am getting a LR for $10k less than current MSRP.

Not really sure what to do. Don't even think my RWD will get delivered until 2023 since I ordered in Feb 2022. A lot of people who ordered SR+ in 2021 still haven't gotten anything.

Current ETA changed from August 15 to Sept 26 ---> August 21 to Sept 25 (...sigh, useless random changes)
I wouldn't use the "sale" price you are "saving" on the new cost of a LR compared to what you can now pay as justification, and i say that as a recent recipent of a long range. If you want the car sooner, and will also benefit from the other features, then it's worth the switch I think.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ

To be honest, that price difference + getting your car way sooner should be enough reasons to switch to LR. You get AWD + more range + better resell value even if you sell the car right after delivery.

To be honest, that price difference + getting your car way sooner should be enough reasons to switch to LR. You get AWD + more range + better resell value even if you sell the car right after delivery.
+1 on this point... I switched last week and got the VIN and then the car within days. Feels better built than previous SR+. I no longer think about range and the LR feels so well planted and it's really fast (although I drive in chill mode and try to beat rated efficiency).

Reactions: cbean00
I wouldn't use the "sale" price you are "saving" on the new cost of a LR compared to what you can now pay as justification, and i say that as a recent recipent of a long range. If you want the car sooner, and will also benefit from the other features, then it's worth the switch I think.
This is valid. Although I think the only justification would be that the car will still be worth more in 1 year than an AWD, even with the rebate, here in Quebec. RWD rebate-getters always undercut the MSRP by a lot here.

Yep....

+1 on this point... I switched last week and got the VIN and then the car within days. Feels better built than previous SR+. I no longer think about range and the LR feels so well planted and it's really fast (although I drive in chill mode and try to beat rated efficiency).
Ahhhhhhhh.... DAYS? My god. What color/wheels did you pick?

Quick question for everyone here regarding the Canada iZEV program..

For iZEV the base model should be under $55,000 and upgrades up to $65,000 to claim the $5,000 benefit.

In February 2022 when I placed my order I believe the base model was still considered $44,999 - so if I take delivery for this later this year will I be eligible for the iZEV given my Tesla order receipt?

Capture 2.PNG

For reference, this is my fiancee's recent order breakdown. The whole price is included in the "base Model 3".

New Order.PNG

Quick question for everyone here regarding the Canada iZEV program..

For iZEV the base model should be under $55,000 and upgrades up to $65,000 to claim the $5,000 benefit.

In February 2022 when I placed my order I believe the base model was still considered $44,999 - so if I take delivery for this later this year will I be eligible for the iZEV given my Tesla order receipt?

No. Tesla's been removed off the iZEV list since fall of last year since they no longer offered a model below that $45,000 price threshold. Unless it's on that list of eligible vehicles, you won't be eligible.

EDIT: You're asking based on your invoice breakdown, missed that part. No, you're still not eligible. From what I understand, in order for a car to be eligible for iZev, there has to be a model that can be purchased (pre-tax) for under the $55K threshold. Despite your invoice showing $44,999, there's an add-on of $13K on top of your 'base price' so this puts it over the $55K requirement. There's no model offered that can be purchased under $55K so this makes all Model 3s ineligible for iZev.

Last edited:
Reactions: cdswm3
No. Tesla's been removed off the iZEV list since fall of last year since they no longer offered a model below that $45,000 price threshold. Unless it's on that list of eligible vehicles, you won't be eligible.
Now the minimum has been revised to 55k in the izev but the model 3 doesn't meet that too and Tesla don't care anyway as they are selling like hotcakes.

Reactions: cdswm3
It's very hit or miss for EDDs. Seems like some people get lucky and get their cars very quickly - likely due to a car with their exact specs becoming available. Others ordered in Aug/Sep 2021 and still have not received their cars and have EDDs in Q4 of this year.

To avoid disappointment, I'd take your EDD with a grain of salt. The time to get excited is when you receive your VIN because then you'll know you've been assigned a car.

With that being said, your EDD window is quite narrow. Hopefully it actually does mean you're getting the car then. Keep us posted!
So this morning the EDD has narrowed down to July 24-Aug 7. Previously it was July 15 to Aug 12.

I hope this is a good sign.