TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Canadian Model 3 Design Studio now open

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Ludatik, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Ludatik

Ludatik Member

• Like x 1
  2. Zirak

Zirak Member

{"error":"invalid_grant","error_description":"Invalid redirect_uri"}

Log out of your Tesla account and try that link again, I don't think it's open...?

3. Ludatik

Ludatik Member

I'm not logged in to my account.

4. ben1628

ben1628 Member

it is open...

delivery ETA 3 to 5 months

5. Birdman325

Birdman325 Member

That is pretty much the same delivery window I have - Reserved late 2017, received my invite end of June with the rest of humanity, ordered June 30; expected delivery Oct - Dec timeframe.

• Funny x 1
  6. ben1628

ben1628 Member

mine is Sep to Nov timeframe...

7. Ludatik

Ludatik Member

#7 Ludatik, Jul 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    Interestingly, Tesla lists the provincial incentives as part of their pricing for AWD and P-AWD. I think this is an oversight, especially since there's a link to the list of eligible cars which only shows LR+RWD.

• Like x 1
  8. sandpiper

sandpiper Active Member

9. 03DSG

03DSG Active Member

Thanks to our .76 cent loonie

10. TrevTremaine

TrevTremaine Member

I'm pretty sure it's not going to qualify simply because the government is most likely to cancel this incentive.

11. sitter_k

sitter_k Active Member

The P M3 is over $75k, not sure why Tesla would list it as qualifying for the rebate? Oversight?

12. Funkmobile

Funkmobile Member

Yes, for BC orders it also shows P models get the BC CEV credit as well which definitely won't happen.

13. sitter_k

sitter_k Active Member

I wonder how many extra orders this nets them and if they'll offer returns if anyone reneges due to the reverse not being offered on the P M3.

14. Koflach

Koflach Member

As long as the MSRP is under $77k, it should qualify.

15. sitter_k

sitter_k Active Member

We're talking about the performance M3, it starts at $86k but Tesla lists it as qualifying for rebate.

16. Canuck

Canuck Well-Known Member

#16 Canuck, Jul 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    Perhaps it's an oversight but even if it's pointed out to them, I bet it doesn't change. Tesla just wants you to order, then they'll deal with eligibility for rebates, etc. when it comes time to take delivery.

In early 2014, when the BC rebate last ran out, Tesla told me a few people took refunds rather then delivery of their vehicles and paying the extra $5k. Tesla didn't forfeit the deposits -- but whether they would do the same thing this time around I guess only time will tell. My guess is they will offer your money back then give your config to the next in line for the same options -- since most people just suck it up and only a few cancel -- hence the reason Tesla generously shows rebates, some of which don't even apply now.

And provided there's rebate money left. At the rate it's being used up in BC, since it also applies to plug-in hybrids, it will be gone long before the 2020 budget can replenish it.

17. Funkmobile

Funkmobile Member

Good question. We only get $5K in BC which I don't think is a deciding factor for that target market (i.e. at this pricing level you probably either have the finances or you don't). It's gets murkier for you guys in Ontario who get a whopping $14K which pushes the car price down several notches and makes it a lot more accessible if the rebate is given.

I would imagine you would have a strong case to get your full deposit and reservation amounts refunded if were to back out of the sale.

18. Canuck

Canuck Well-Known Member

That's what I thought too so I was surprised to learn that anyone cancelled when the rebate funds were all used up last time, but Tesla told me some did -- and the S is even more expensive than the 3.

Yes, and that's likely why Tesla offered it back last time. But they could have tightened up the wording so people need to be careful agreeing to anything if they don't intend to buy without the rebate.