Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Model 3 pricing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in Vancouver, Canada and was thinking of getting a model 3. When i price it out with awd and other options it comes to 75k before tax which I think is not worth it. At this price point im thinking of getting a e class or a 5 series which blows the model 3 interior out the water. Why would they price the model 3 so high?

• Funny
Reactions: voip-ninja
I suggest you go take a test drive, even just the RWD model (don't think they have dual motor for test drives yet). I prefer the dual motor Model 3 over the E class, the 5 series, and the Boxster/Cayman, but that's me.

In terms of Tesla's pricing, it's simply the USA prices multiply by 1.32 or so.

Reactions: ℬête Noire
At this price point im thinking of getting a e class or a 5 series which blows the model 3 interior out the water.
I guess that's kinda depends on what you're looking for in an interior in styling, but the E 400 4matic for example is going to feel like driving last century compared to an AWD Model 3.

That's before even start looking at total cost of ownership (>$1.50/L for gas vs about 10c/kWh is a mind blowing difference) that makes that $75K look a lot more reasonable.

I live in Vancouver, Canada and was thinking of getting a model 3. When i price it out with awd and other options it comes to 75k before tax which I think is not worth it. At this price point im thinking of getting a e class or a 5 series which blows the model 3 interior out the water. Why would they price the model 3 so high?

This may come as a shock, but some people value different things in a car than others might.

Do I wish my car were $15.80 and came with a supermodel to please me in any way I desire? Sure. But it wasn't, it didn't, and I'm still happy with the purchase because the features and design were what I liked and the price was acceptable.

If I were in a situation where my model 3 were stolen or destroyed or whatever else, and I had an honest-to-god unlimited budget to buy any commercially-available (e.g., not like the one-off cars manufacturers do for Saudi princes and such) new car, I'd buy another Model 3 (though I'd get the Performance model, which wasn't available 8 months ago when I got my car).

Why? Because for my purposes and for my preferences in cars, I do not think there is a better daily driver at any price. Are certain aspects of other cars better than certain aspects of the Model 3? Sure. But everything else is overall worse, at least for me.

If you'd rather get a Merc, go ahead. You're the one paying and driving it, after all.

Last edited:

Because there are 1,000 lined up to pay that price if you won’t.

You will also likely recoup some of that cost difference in maintenance and fuel savings depending on how long you keep the car and how many miles you drive.

I was sort of 50/50 on the fence about getting the Tesla Model 3 or another German car until I rented a model 3 for a day and found out what the fuss is all about.