TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Canadian Model 3 pricing

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by nav97, Sep 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. nav97

nav97 New Member

I live in Vancouver, Canada and was thinking of getting a model 3. When i price it out with awd and other options it comes to 75k before tax which I think is not worth it. At this price point im thinking of getting a e class or a 5 series which blows the model 3 interior out the water. Why would they price the model 3 so high?

• Funny x 1
  2. m3snowy

m3snowy Member

I suggest you go take a test drive, even just the RWD model (don't think they have dual motor for test drives yet). I prefer the dual motor Model 3 over the E class, the 5 series, and the Boxster/Cayman, but that's me.

In terms of Tesla's pricing, it's simply the USA prices multiply by 1.32 or so.

• Like x 1
  3. ℬête Noire

ℬête Noire Active Member

I guess that's kinda depends on what you're looking for in an interior in styling, but the E 400 4matic for example is going to feel like driving last century compared to an AWD Model 3.

That's before even start looking at total cost of ownership (>$1.50/L for gas vs about 10c/kWh is a mind blowing difference) that makes that $75K look a lot more reasonable.

4. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

Doesn't Vancouver have the highest gas prices in Canada, and those BMWs you mention have horrible fuel economy?

5. run-the-joules

run-the-joules Active Member

#5 run-the-joules, Sep 1, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2018

This may come as a shock, but some people value different things in a car than others might.

Do I wish my car were $15.80 and came with a supermodel to please me in any way I desire? Sure. But it wasn't, it didn't, and I'm still happy with the purchase because the features and design were what I liked and the price was acceptable.

If I were in a situation where my model 3 were stolen or destroyed or whatever else, and I had an honest-to-god unlimited budget to buy any commercially-available (e.g., not like the one-off cars manufacturers do for Saudi princes and such) new car, I'd buy another Model 3 (though I'd get the Performance model, which wasn't available 8 months ago when I got my car).

Why? Because for my purposes and for my preferences in cars, I do not think there is a better daily driver at any price. Are certain aspects of other cars better than certain aspects of the Model 3? Sure. But everything else is overall worse, at least for me.

If you'd rather get a Merc, go ahead. You're the one paying and driving it, after all.

6. xpitxbullx

xpitxbullx Member

Because you chose just about every option Tesla has to offer. Superior performance is not cheap. I settled for superb performance and bought the RWD model. Very happy with it. :)

If you want to dump $7 a gallon into an ICE car then you must have tons of cash and price shouldn’t be a concern.

7. voip-ninja

voip-ninja Give me some sugar baby

Because there are 1,000 lined up to pay that price if you won’t.

You will also likely recoup some of that cost difference in maintenance and fuel savings depending on how long you keep the car and how many miles you drive.

I was sort of 50/50 on the fence about getting the Tesla Model 3 or another German car until I rented a model 3 for a day and found out what the fuss is all about.

8. MikeATL

MikeATL Member

Ft Lauderdale, Florida had at least one dual motor for test drives... don’t know about everywhere else