Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Model S P85 Signature - White and Black - $50,000 Cdn

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Only 200 Model S Signature edition cars were allocated to Canada. Only some of those 200 have the Performance upgrade. This is one of those. All the Signatures were the first cars delivered, although because Tesla continues to update software systems (and some hardware) the traditional "model year" doesn't say much about the features of a particular car.

The exterior is multi-coat pearl white and the interior is black with carbon fiber trim. Options include smart air suspension, premium audio center, all glass panoramic sunroof, tech package, twin on-board chargers, 19” alloy rims, center console and other more minor options. The car has been upgraded in many ways since it was delivered, with numerous updated hardware modules , including new tire pressure management displays, new self-presenting door handles, new drive unit, corrected rear upper suspension links, window tint and other items. The rims which will be supplied with the car are not the slipstreams shown in the photos. The car will come with the 5-spoke 19" OEM rims which are shown in the last photo.

There is an eight year unlimited mileage warranty on the battery pack and drivetrain, lasting through October, 2020. Other than that there are no Tesla warranties remaining.

This car has unlimited free charging at Tesla Superchargers throughout North America. There are over 50,000 total charging stations available across N.A., and the vast majority are free to use. We have driven across the continent multiple times with zero problems concerning charging.

Because you really should see and inspect the car before finalizing the purchase, we greatly prefer to sell this car to a buyer in the Maritimes, . We can usually schedule a showing at your convenience. The price is firm.
IMG_0052.JPG
IMG_0053.JPG
IMG_0055.JPG
IMG_0056.JPG
IMG_0057.JPG

IMG_0052.JPG

IMG_0059.JPG
IMG_0062.JPG
IMG_0063.JPG
IMG_0069.JPG

mknox -- right you are -- the mileage should have been stated in the text --especially since it is not crystal clear that the mileage is in kilometers. I seem to have lost the ability to edit the text, however.

BTW, we did have a choice on rims on the Signatures. The default was indeed 21", but you could get the 19" 5 spoke or the 19" aero rims -- well, actually, they pulled the aero rims almost as soon as we ordered them.

BTW, we did have a choice on rims on the Signatures. The default was indeed 21", but you could get the 19" 5 spoke or the 19" aero rims -- well, actually, they pulled the aero rims almost as soon as we ordered them.

I actually had a reservation deposit on a Sig and at the time Tesla told me that no way, no how could I substitute the 21's for 19's. They said my only option was to take the car as-is and try to find someone to buy the 21's or trade them with someone for 19's.

I backed out of the Sig when it was determined that the cars are not NAFTA compliant and excise tax was added. That plus the cost of the 21's which I really did not want had me hold out for a very early Production model.

I recently sold my very early 2013 S85, fully loaded (except non-P) with 19's for $49,000. Mine had 160,000 km on it. This seems like a very reasonable price you are asking, especially considering it is a Performance model.

Maybe it was just Canada but you could get Sig's with 19"s

Fast forward to 22:00

LOL, I actually referenced that video when I was dealing with Tesla and they said that Founder's Edition cars were different than Signature series cars.(BTW, I am in Canada). I was in a "take it or leave it" situation.

One thing I've learned over the years with Tesla is that they are consistently inconsistent!

Q: Did they reduce the price of the car based on the differential between 19's and 21's or just substitute for you? I probably could have gotten them to do a simple substitution, but I didn't think it was fair to have to pay for something that wasn't delivered.

FWIW, I put my car up here on TMC and got almost no traffic. I advertised it on Auto Trader and got 10,000 hits in the first week and so many responses that I had to make up a canned response to cut and paste into my replies. I ended up with multiple offers from the Auto Trader ad.

L

Q: Did they reduce the price of the car based on the differential between 19's and 21's...

Ha! No, they did not. (We discussed that pretty heatedly at the time.) Here's a screen cap from the invoice on our VIN 0166:

upload_2018-7-26_16-56-23.png

A few days after this was signed they pulled the Aero rims and told us to pick one of the other two choices. We picked 19", but with zero discount. They did, however, say that if they re-introduced the aero rims we could work something out. Well they did -- they offered to replace the 19" if we paid full retail for the aeros. Grrrr... An earlier invoice also had the banana leaf decor chosen (only the earliest members will remember that!).

Of course, in the first few weeks of these workers trying to get these configurations written up, it's not surprising that there were different stories told by different sales people, all of whom who were just floundering around with what looked to us like very little guidance.

Don't even get me started on the delivery person fiasco!

Reactions: mknox
LOL, I actually referenced that video when I was dealing with Tesla and they said that Founder's Edition cars were different than Signature series cars.(BTW, I am in Canada). I was in a "take it or leave it" situation.

One thing I've learned over the years with Tesla is that they are consistently inconsistent!

Q: Did they reduce the price of the car based on the differential between 19's and 21's or just substitute for you? I probably could have gotten them to do a simple substitution, but I didn't think it was fair to have to pay for something that wasn't delivered.

FWIW, I put my car up here on TMC and got almost no traffic. I advertised it on Auto Trader and got 10,000 hits in the first week and so many responses that I had to make up a canned response to cut and paste into my replies. I ended up with multiple offers from the Auto Trader ad.

Cars rarely sell on this site.