Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Model S sales numbers thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it's worth putting up this thread. Moderators feel free to put it in the right section.

As you know, Tesla Motors does not separate sales numbers by country.

I asked directly to George Blankenship about it, and he confirmed that Tesla won't disclose that kind of information.
:-(

So lets find the information through another means ... and keep it noted in this thread.

The Provincial license plates department keeps that kind of information. Each of us, through our corresponding networks of contacts, lets try to find out! Let's try to get BC, Quebec and Ontario at the minimum, since the majority of Model S deliveries are in those 3 provinces.

I found out for Quebec as of dec 31, 2012: 21 Model S !!

By the way, here is the complete cumulative EV sold in Quebec as of the end of 2012 (12 EV's !!):

Ventes de VÉ au Québec : Cumulatif par véhicule au 31 décembre 2012! | Roulez Electrique

I'm waiting for 2013 first quarter results for Quebec ... will post the information here.

I bet that the Model S is already in 4th position!!

Montreal service is averaging four deliveries a week, I hear, so there must be at least 70 there by now.

I know of 15 in Ottawa, but it is highly unlikely I am aware of all of them.

No doubt there are many more in the Toronto area.

I was told last week 200-300 had been delivered. Seemed low to me.

A few tidbits,

The Toronto service center is moving - they are looking for space now (more central) and they might have east and west satellite locations. Also looking for a service center for Ottawa in the future (no surprise).

Lisa is leaving on maternity leave for a year shortly so wish her luck (she has been awesome). Replacement already hired. Hope that's not too personal. Mod take it down if you think so.

Given that there were at least 150 Signature cars, there's no way it's at 200. Definitely over 300.

Not surprised about Toronto - the existing service center was fine for Roadster, but they really need more space. An Ottawa location would be awesome. But an East Toronto location would likely be within a one-charge range of my Model S in the summer.

I was also told that Toronto will have about 3 Roadsters and 5 Model S for courtesy cars. They have hired a full time detailer and are looking for a porter for valet service. Finally some extra service things happening to benefit the awesome product

If I were looking for a job right now that'd be the one!

Glad to hear that they'll have a few roadsters as courtesy cars. Can't wait until my first service, perhaps they can keep my S over the weekend? :)

The Toronto service center is moving - they are looking for space now (more central) and they might have east and west satellite locations. Also looking for a service center for Ottawa in the future (no surprise).

Nooooo... The Toronto SC location is super convenient for me (about 4 miles from where I live) and I specifically did not buy the Ranger option on my Service Plan because of this. :eek:

Here is an interesting article about large luxury sedans sales in Canada (January to April):

Large Luxury Car Sales Figures In Canada - April 2013 And Year-To-Date - GOOD CAR BAD CAR

Of course, no mention about the TESLA MS!

The Winner is the Mercedes S and CL Class (thats two cars, but anyway) is at 163! The second best is Jaguar XJ at 130.

It is likely that Tesla is at 350 cumulative ... that means 200 for YTD (minus the 150 signatures in december) !!

Like in the US, Tesla is likely first in Canada too !!

I suggest that we leave comments below the article ... let him know that he forgot a very important car!! :tongue: