Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Model X Price Speculator

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here my approximation (if we are not hit with another price increase because of high US currency value):

Screen Shot 2015-11-27 at 2.09.03 PM.png

+ Keep in mind that Air-Suspension is mandatory for 90D and P90D

There are rumors of an imminent increase in Canadian pricing. The last increase was up to 7% on some options. This would put my config for a 90D Model X at around $139000. Considering that I figured the price was going to be around $100k when I put a deposit down 3 years ago, this would be a massive increase and hard to justify for me with a young family. Will wait to get final pricing, but am worried that after a very long wait, the model X will not be an option.

Received a call from Tesla head office in California, and they offer me an option to upgrade to Signature series. I previously put my name down on the Signature waiting list.
So someone must have cancelled their Signature reservation.

And they have zero information about Canadian pricing and delivery!

There are rumors of an imminent increase in Canadian pricing. The last increase was up to 7% on some options. This would put my config for a 90D Model X at around $139000. Considering that I figured the price was going to be around $100k when I put a deposit down 3 years ago, this would be a massive increase and hard to justify for me with a young family. Will wait to get final pricing, but am worried that after a very long wait, the model X will not be an option.

I sympathize. The source of the change seems clear: 3 years ago the exchange rate was $1 Cdn = $1.01 $US. Now $1 Cdn = $0.75 US. Or $1US = $1.33. So if the price went up 33% it would be exactly the same price in terms of what Tesla sees.

I am in the exact same position. young family ...waited three years (reservation number 74 (reserved much earlier but accidentally was put on US list)) and likely now it is out of reach. At the time 100g's would be a stretch. With the young family want the large battery (we stop enough for pee breaks as it is). But we will see..

I sympathize. The source of the change seems clear: 3 years ago the exchange rate was $1 Cdn = $1.01 $US. Now $1 Cdn = $0.75 US. Or $1US = $1.33. So if the price went up 33% it would be exactly the same price in terms of what Tesla sees.

Indeed, who would have thought our dollar would have gone down so much in such a short period. I am hoping that they rationalize a lower price with slightly higher sales that may be seen instead.

- - - Updated - - -

I am in the exact same position. young family ...waited three years (reservation number 74 (reserved much earlier but accidentally was put on US list)) and likely now it is out of reach. At the time 100g's would be a stretch. With the young family want the large battery (we stop enough for pee breaks as it is). But we will see..

Looks like the increase is only about $3000.00, which isn't as bad as I was expecting. Assuming that pricing will be in line with US Model X and Canadian Model S. But you are correct, we will have to see...

- - - Updated - - -

Canadian Model S prices increased December 1st. It doesn't look to bad, only about 2.5% for my config. I left the old pricing in place for reference.

View attachment Canadian Tesla Model X Configurator.xlsx