TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Canadian Model X Price Speculator

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Local host, Nov 27, 2015.

  1. Local host

    Local host Member

    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2012
    Messages:
    253
  2. Macgaver

    Macgaver Member

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2014
    Messages:
    250
    Location:
    Montreal, Canada
    Here my approximation (if we are not hit with another price increase because of high US currency value):

    Screen Shot 2015-11-27 at 2.09.03 PM.png

    + Keep in mind that Air-Suspension is mandatory for 90D and P90D
     
  3. Ocelot

    Ocelot Member

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2012
    Messages:
    436
    Location:
    Canada
    Seems about right. Kinda crazy a fully loaded x after tax could push 200 g's.
     
  4. Local host

    Local host Member

    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2012
    Messages:
    253
    There are rumors of an imminent increase in Canadian pricing. The last increase was up to 7% on some options. This would put my config for a 90D Model X at around $139000. Considering that I figured the price was going to be around $100k when I put a deposit down 3 years ago, this would be a massive increase and hard to justify for me with a young family. Will wait to get final pricing, but am worried that after a very long wait, the model X will not be an option.
     
  5. yesup

    yesup Member

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2014
    Messages:
    234
    Location:
    Toronto
    Received a call from Tesla head office in California, and they offer me an option to upgrade to Signature series. I previously put my name down on the Signature waiting list.
    So someone must have cancelled their Signature reservation.

    And they have zero information about Canadian pricing and delivery!
     
  6. Jgdixon

    Jgdixon Member

    Joined:
    Jul 21, 2012
    Messages:
    889
    Location:
    Burlington, Ontario, Canada
    Did you take them up on the offer?
     
  7. PoweredByRain

    PoweredByRain Member

    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2014
    Messages:
    647
    Location:
    Victoria, BC
    I sympathize. The source of the change seems clear: 3 years ago the exchange rate was $1 Cdn = $1.01 $US. Now $1 Cdn = $0.75 US. Or $1US = $1.33. So if the price went up 33% it would be exactly the same price in terms of what Tesla sees.
     
  8. Ocelot

    Ocelot Member

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2012
    Messages:
    436
    Location:
    Canada
    I am in the exact same position. young family ...waited three years (reservation number 74 (reserved much earlier but accidentally was put on US list)) and likely now it is out of reach. At the time 100g's would be a stretch. With the young family want the large battery (we stop enough for pee breaks as it is). But we will see..
     
  9. Local host

    Local host Member

    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2012
    Messages:
    253
    Indeed, who would have thought our dollar would have gone down so much in such a short period. I am hoping that they rationalize a lower price with slightly higher sales that may be seen instead.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Looks like the increase is only about $3000.00, which isn't as bad as I was expecting. Assuming that pricing will be in line with US Model X and Canadian Model S. But you are correct, we will have to see...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Canadian Model S prices increased December 1st. It doesn't look to bad, only about 2.5% for my config. I left the old pricing in place for reference.

    View attachment Canadian Tesla Model X Configurator.xlsx
     
  10. yesup

    yesup Member

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2014
    Messages:
    234
    Location:
    Toronto
    Not yet.

    I am hoping that Canadian Signature holders would be able to configure within this month, and I can wait for complete pricing and leasing info before making a decision.
     

Share This Page