Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian or Ontario referral codes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i searched for a list of local referral codes and only found a thread about BC killing the referral program out there. Any similar issues in Ontario?

Don’t have a referral code yet - anyone local interested in sharing theirs, along with any pickup/ordering hints?

Thanks for the replies.

Would be great to know what to look for at delivery as well as what is supposed to be included with the car (mobile charger? 15-40? ) and what I need to pick up (jack pads, homelink module, wheel locks? ) etc.

What do people do for winter tires/wheels?

Order early and probably look into taking the wheels off yourself and taking them to be swapped. Costco seems to be a good option but because of the speed rating and the chance you may decide to do 220km/hr in the snow down the DVP they will not fit them to the car. Lots of aftermarket options and the search function on this site works amazingly well as opposed to other forums. The general consensus is put snow tires on your original rims, and have a nice set for summer, the stock rim/tire combo in a 3 lends itself to curb rash (although that's always driver error) and look pretty tired quickly. I'm assuming a model 3, for a model S the 21's are also attracted to curbs, a good compromise is the model x 20's with different tire profiles.

Thanks for the replies.

Would be great to know what to look for at delivery as well as what is supposed to be included with the car (mobile charger? 15-40? ) and what I need to pick up (jack pads, homelink module, wheel locks? ) etc.

There is a rather comprehensive delivery checklist on here if you search.

the mobile connector only has the 110 adapter. The 14-50 adapter is no longer included. Costs about $30 extra or so.

Depending on what model you bought you may not have floor mats. You'll need to get those. I also ordered a Taptes wireless phone charger

Thanks for the replies.

Depends on your situation on the accessories.

I would get the Trunk mat and interior mats for winter weather. There's a TUX mat share code thread.

Wheel locks are a good idea if you park outside and don't want your wheels stolen (never heard of such things happening in Canada), but for $50 bucks, it's not a bad investment in peace of mind.

Get a home charger or 14-50plug installed at home for easy overnight charging; keeps the battery happy and allows you X kms every day.
Winter charging to 80 or 90%, other months 70% is good as long is it covers your commuting needs.

Winter tires are worth the money. I have Nokians from Kaltire on a second set if 18" rims and keeping the Aeros for the three seasons where I do more road trips and the extra bit of efficiency actually matters. If you road trip in the winter more, then having winters on the Aeros may make sense.

All other accessories is up to you to decide if you want to spend the money for.

I highly recommended getting PPF for the high impact zones if you drive on the highway a lot. So many construction trucks leaving pebbles all over the roads and the Tesla paint is very soft and chips easily.

Last edited:
for me.. the biggest frustration and learning curve is that after you put the order through you may not hear anything for a week or two, post purchase communication is very bad.. My sales guy was good but he can only do so much. Also, dont assume your appointment is locked in stone.. it is not.. and can and has been moved within hours due to "logistic" issues lol..

If you are planning on taking delivery before the end of the month, you can get 2 years of supercharging with no referral needed.

The Michelin X Ice seems to have dropped in price this year. Many places are listing it at $1000 for the set before rebates and sales. Many people use the Replica R187 wheel, but it is rather heavy. The newer R241 is lighter but availability is limited and there appears to be a replica of the Aero rim that some retailers are selling - although not sure of quality.

Thanks for the replies.

I don't understand why people still choose to go with 14-50. Go with a 6-50 configuration instead. I went 6-50 and can plug in my 240V welder and garage heater into a 6-50. If you lived in the southern US states where RV parts are everywhere, 14-50 probably makes more sense. All 14-50 is good for here in Canada is a stove and Tesla Gen 1. You have the choice of adapters now so go with a 6-50.