Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Price Increase Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Price increase no longer imminent. The good news is import duties should go down 6% when Gigafactory starts producing batteries for the Model S.
This is not true, the 6% duty was already cut out earlier this year. Tesla sent out an email, at least to Model x reservation holders like myself at the time to let us know that due to the removal of duties and more favourable exchange rate, they are cutting the price of the vehicle.

This is not true, the 6% duty was already cut out earlier this year. Tesla sent out an email, at least to Model x reservation holders like myself at the time to let us know that due to the removal of duties and more favourable exchange rate, they are cutting the price of the vehicle.

Well, what changed? The duty was charged because the car was supposedly not NAFTA-eligible due to the fact that the battery cells came from Japan. As far as I know, the S and X cells are still Japanese... or am I wrong?

I had Tesla Canada give me an estimate of what my car was worth at retail. They felt that it held about 57% of its original value after 4 years.

It will be interesting to see if the sharp rise in the price of the CDN dollar over the past week will impact the price increase.

I had Tesla Canada give me an estimate of what my car was worth at retail. They felt that it held about 57% of its original value after 4 years.

I have been toying with the idea of pulling the trigger on a new S or X (most likely S) and this is one thing I have wondered about. What kind of mileage do you currently have, if I may ask?

Pulling me in the "go for it" direction are free lifetime supercharging and pending price increases, although I missed the boat on that last one.

Holding me back is the possibility of "improved" Ontario incentives, a possible federal incentive as well as talk of EVs being HST exempt (or at least from the Ontario provincial portion).

I have been toying with the idea of pulling the trigger on a new S or X (most likely S) and this is one thing I have wondered about. What kind of mileage do you currently have, if I may ask?

Pulling me in the "go for it" direction are free lifetime supercharging and pending price increases, although I missed the boat on that last one.

Holding me back is the possibility of "improved" Ontario incentives, a possible federal incentive as well as talk of EVs being HST exempt (or at least from the Ontario provincial portion).

I had about 50K and a $12K damage claim (although $12K on these cars is a small fender bender with superficially body damage!) We get squat in incentives in BC on any car over $77K.

If you want to save a little money look at the inventory cars on the Tesla site.

I had about 50K and a $12K damage claim (although $12K on these cars is a small fender bender with superficially body damage!) We get squat in incentives in BC on any car over $77K.

If you want to save a little money look at the inventory cars on the Tesla site.

Thanks. One of the things I had been "waiting" for is Autopilot 2, so until those start showing up in inventory...