Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Pricing and Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At least we've both got Roadsters to salve our Tesla anxiety. :biggrin:

Yeah, no kidding. My motorcycle's okay, it's just getting a bit chilly... instant torque is addictive, though. If they had offered the Roadster lease in Manitoba I might be driving one today... oh, well. Anyone hear anything new from the Canadian side of things? IF the first 1200 cars are NA Sigs, I expect we should be getting delivery dates soonish.

Nary a peep. Some people in the USA are now being promised delivery dates in the last week of October/first week of November. Considering my car was supposed to be delivered in October - November, I guess it's maybe sounding like November...?

I sure hope it comes before the snow flies... my ICE needs new snow tires, but I seeing as I was planning to sell the car when the Model S arrives...

I will be dealing with Halton Auto Leasing. There are many independent lease companies out there. I'm sure you can find them through an Internet search. I am negotiating with them on the residual % and the down payment. With Tesla being so new they are trying to stay on the conservative side for the residual to reduce their risk.

Not sure if you have finished negotiating the details? Would you be willing to disclose the relevant leasing information (terms, interest rate, down payment, and residual value)? If not, could you perhaps weigh in on how the rates compare with those when leasing an ICE vehicle? Did the company want to put down a figure separately for the depreciation of the car itself and the battery? Thank you.

Not sure if you have finished negotiating the details? Would you be willing to disclose the relevant leasing information (terms, interest rate, down payment, and residual value)? If not, could you perhaps weigh in on how the rates compare with those when leasing an ICE vehicle? Did the company want to put down a figure separately for the depreciation of the car itself and the battery? Thank you.
No discussions of separate car and battery. It will be a 48 month lease. 35% residual. They want a large down payment.
immaculate credit. Competitive rates but nothing special. Open end lease, I will have to guarantee the residual at the end.

I assume the Canadian deliveries will be grouped like the US deliveries appear to be.
According to the latest ZeeMap of reservations, it looks like lot's of Model S sigs in Vancouver , BC area.
I'm kind of the lone Sig showing in Alberta and I'm thinking that I should consider taking delivery in Vancouver.
Would save TESLA some inconvenience and might help get the car sooner rather than later.

I'm kind of the lone Sig showing in Alberta and I'm thinking that I should consider taking delivery in Vancouver.
Would save TESLA some inconvenience and might help get the car sooner rather than later.

Just because there is only one pin doesn't mean there is only one car. Not everyone frequents the forums (shocking though that may seem). Of course, if Tesla indicates that will get your car sooner--go for it.

Was also considering a drive from Vancouver down the I-5 and have the car in Palm Springs for the winter.
Not sure what the road conditions are like in November / December (assume that's still the delivery time frame ).

I have done that drive in my Roadster en route to the GET AMPED event in June. It is a cool trip. A number of the 70A chargers on that route are still Roadster plug-type, so you would need the reverse adapter, or alternative sites. Also, be aware that while most of the road should be fine in winter, the stretch over Grant's Pass in southern Oregon is high altitude (2000+ ft) and one is required to have winter tires there after Oct. 1, just like in the BC mountains.

- - - Updated - - -

I have good news and slightly bad news: The good news is that after succumbing to the power of suggestion from Hans and to head off buyer's remorse, I decided (and my wife APPROVED!) to upgrade our Signature to Sig Performance. We re-did the MVPA in about 36 hours and are thrilled to be getting the best of the best. (Config: Sig Red/Tan/Obeche Matte/Pano/Silver 21s/no spoiler)

Now the sort of bad news (for all of you): Hans assured me that this late change would NOT delay our delivery. Our MVPA still reads NOV/DEC delivery. Why is this sort of bad for all of you? Because I interpret this to mean that Tesla is still WEEKS away from certification/homologation, and the start of Canadian spec production. This is admittedly an extrapolation, but it rings true. I guess what that means to me is that we are still all looking at late November or December. Of course, with the never-ending summer weather we are having in BC, who knows, we still might not need the snow tires mounted from day one after all! :wink:

I agree with your "extrapolation" and it's proximate cause Vger...however, I am a bit baffled as to why whe have had no official communique from TMC advising the reason for the delays...if it is homoloagation issue(s), then why not just come out & tell us?

I'm sure most here would much rather hear from TMC on this than just speculate...

The recent information from Elon about their production ramp rates, using some minor assumptions and simple math, puts our cars out to at least late November. So we don't have to invoke homologation to explain things. Also it appears they are building some American R's in front of Canadian Sigs - as is also evidenced by the sequencing of the lock-in emails.

I have done that drive in my Roadster en route to the GET AMPED event in June. It is a cool trip. A number of the 70A chargers on that route are still Roadster plug-type, so you would need the reverse adapter, or alternative sites. Also, be aware that while most of the road should be fine in winter, the stretch over Grant's Pass in southern Oregon is high altitude (2000+ ft) and one is required to have winter tires there after Oct. 1, just like in the BC mountains.

I have good news and slightly bad news: The good news is that after succumbing to the power of suggestion from Hans and to head off buyer's remorse, I decided (and my wife APPROVED!) to upgrade our Signature to Sig Performance. We re-did the MVPA in about 36 hours and are thrilled to be getting the best of the best. (Config: Sig Red/Tan/Obeche Matte/Pano/Silver 21s/no spoiler)

Thanks for the info and congrats on the upgrade. I also selected the performance for both longer trips and additional power

If TM is producing even 200 cars/week by November (vs the projected 400) we should all have our CND cars very quickly. I'm trying to reduce the potential delivery issues /time delay with a Vancouver vs Edmonton pickup. Alberta Motor Vehicle Registry said that an out of province delivery is no problem as long as the car was built for Canada (NVIS card) ...... so no red tape expected.

I assume the Canadian deliveries will be grouped like the US deliveries appear to be.
According to the latest ZeeMap of reservations, it looks like lot's of Model S sigs in Vancouver , BC area.

I have a sig coming to Edmonton and have been told delivery date of middle of November, early December. I have had a deposit on the car for quit awhile.