Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Pricing and Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a sig coming to Edmonton and have been told delivery date of middle of November, early December. I have had a deposit on the car for quit awhile.

@fyshing: I missed your earlier post on the Edmonton thread. Looks like there are a few reservations in the Edmonton area now, at least that have made themselves known.

I'm getting doubtful that many , if any CND Sigs, will make it for November; hopefully the Special Sigs will get theirs at least in December.
Tomorrow I'm going check with Motor Vehicles if the Model S is in the system. Not sure if this is a federal or provincial approval issue.

@fyshing: I missed your earlier post on the Edmonton thread. Looks like there are a few reservations in the Edmonton area now, at least that have made themselves known.

I'm getting doubtful that many , if any CND Sigs, will make it for November; hopefully the Special Sigs will get theirs at least in December.
Tomorrow I'm going check with Motor Vehicles if the Model S is in the system. Not sure if this is a federal or provincial approval issue.

I'm hoping December but who knows. Not like I will get much driving in before the spring anyways.

I wish Tesla would be a little more proactive with communication. I have all the paperwork filled out for a while now and no updates or communication from them whatsoever. Anything I have has come from me trying to reach out. It cannot be that difficult to forecast windows for deliveries at this point when we are theoretically close. I have Signature #7 and we are getting to the end of October. Tesla Canada had told me mid november was likely. so why couldnt they have something more definite when we are 3-4 weeks away? Obviously now makes me nervous. I need to arrange for getting rid of the lease on my existing car amongst other things and knowing what is going on would help plan things better. I don't want to get rid of my current car (being replaced by the Model S) too early but waiting too late will just cause other issues. At least I can drive my Roadster in the mean time but I really really hope this Signature S does not come once the snow has started. It would be nice to drive it on clean dry roads a bit before the winter!

Included in the investor announcement of the U.S. price increase is a note about Canadian pricing:

The price increase announced today will be for new reservations starting January 1, 2013...

[FONT=&amp]This price increase will not apply to anyone who has or makes areservation by end of day on December 31, 2012... as long asthey finalize their order within a reasonable, predefined timeframe after beinginvited to configure their Model S. [/FONT]

In Canada,the base price of Model S will increase $2,600 CAD and implementation will be the same as in the U.S.

Got an email from Tesla today, talking about the price increases and time to configure. The main concern I had was the following:

"You will likely receive your invitation to configure between now and the end of January depending upon when you made your reservation. If you configure your car and finalize your order within four weeks after receiving your invitation, you will not be subject to the price increase."

So from GeorgeB telling us we would get emails around the end of November to now January. This from where I was first told to expect a copnfiguration email in about a month when I returned to production in August. I am not happy about continually being put off, although I understand they have issues. I found my original reservation (from 2010) where I as initially number 1855 in the US list (they put me there for some reason before putting me in the Canadian list). I would likely be looking at getting a delivery notice around the time they are now saying I might get a configuration email. <screams in frustration> I am now having to answer questions from people as to why I don't have a Model S yet/don't know when it will ever come. They aren't impressed when I have to give them a later tentative time frame everytime they ask. Ok, vented. Am good for another week I think.

Edit: Actually, looks like US production 4000 something was told around Christmas. So, would long have had the car if they had left me in the US list.

Last edited:
Got an email from Tesla today, talking about the price increases and time to configure. The main concern I had was the following:

"You will likely receive your invitation to configure between now and the end of January depending upon when you made your reservation. If you configure your car and finalize your order within four weeks after receiving your invitation, you will not be subject to the price increase."

I still expect finalize e-mails to come any day now. That same e-mail went to everyone on the reservation list. It says between now and the end of January depending on when you reserved.

So I, P13 (who reserved >3 years ago) expect to get it any day now, while P14,000 (who reserved last week) might get it at the end of January... While P200 on the Canadian list might get something in 3 weeks.... Make sense?