Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian pricing for infotainment upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi all, first time poster.

I've had the model S since 2017 and the infotainment system is in dire need of an upgrade. I've already done the 8GB upgrade but it isn't cutting it.

I was quoted a price of almost $3K for the infotainment upgrade, which is quite a bit off compared to the $1500 USD pricing. Anyone have any insight or tips? Why is it almost a 1.7x USD exchange rage?

Thanks!

Hello,
A bit late to the thread but this just happened to me. On December 1st, I had an infotainment upgrade done to to my 2016 75D. I had to pay 2K for the upgrade. When I noticed that I didn't have my original MCU (thinking it was my property) I called the service center, to let them know. I advised I bought my car from Tesla, non - leased, no loan, cash deal, and questioned why my property was not returned? They advised they would get back to me. 5 days later no response. I called Tesla CS to complain. I did not sign anything that I was aware of, which allowed my property to be kept or trashed, by Tesla? There was nothing wrong with the unit. I even when to the extent of having the yellow haze around the edge of the MCU removed, the car has less than 30k mileage, it's in impeccable shape. I just wanted an upgrade. Within 1 min. I received a text from the service center asking if I wanted to pay an additional 500 for a core charge (Pennsylvania). What do you say to paying a ransom to getting your property back? They should have given me a discount of 500.00 to get a like new mcu, plus I had to pay the higher amount due to having FSD? This is BS....... Now I'm not guaranteed to get my unit, just a unit, for an additional cost. True cost to upgrade for me 3000.! did not get the radio, I use the radio app on my phone, sync's to car. I don't miss it on the infotainment.

I guess the price went up because the upgrade is 2600 Plus tax for my 2017 MS 75D. Its at Tesla right now getting done.. This doesn't include FSD computer or the Radio module.

My Mcu failed and it wasn't because of the recall so I'm pretty bummed about the whole $2938 and I lose the radio. The service guy was beaming about the caraoke, youtube and netflix but I dont care for any of that stuff.

Hello,
A bit late to the thread but this just happened to me. On December 1st, I had an infotainment upgrade done to to my 2016 75D. I had to pay 2K for the upgrade. When I noticed that I didn't have my original MCU (thinking it was my property) I called the service center, to let them know. I advised I bought my car from Tesla, non - leased, no loan, cash deal, and questioned why my property was not returned? They advised they would get back to me. 5 days later no response. I called Tesla CS to complain. I did not sign anything that I was aware of, which allowed my property to be kept or trashed, by Tesla? There was nothing wrong with the unit. I even when to the extent of having the yellow haze around the edge of the MCU removed, the car has less than 30k mileage, it's in impeccable shape. I just wanted an upgrade. Within 1 min. I received a text from the service center asking if I wanted to pay an additional 500 for a core charge (Pennsylvania). What do you say to paying a ransom to getting your property back? They should have given me a discount of 500.00 to get a like new mcu, plus I had to pay the higher amount due to having FSD? This is BS....... Now I'm not guaranteed to get my unit, just a unit, for an additional cost. True cost to upgrade for me 3000.! did not get the radio, I use the radio app on my phone, sync's to car. I don't miss it on the infotainment.
They do not change the screen just the computer hardware.

• Disagree
Reactions: Vawlkus and MP3Mike
I did the $2k upgrade. Both screens are replaced with the MCU2 upgrade (as noted on the invoice as well).
I can also confirm this as my car car was updated on Dec 22nd, 2021. The gauge cluster and the center touchscreen was replaced.

When I asked on the mobile app, I was told the FSD computer it wasn't included. I asked if the upgrade would give me dash cam and sentry and was told that it would. My understanding is that the FSD computer or HW3 is what is required for dashcam and sentry mode.

When I picked up my car, I had the new cluster, new center screen and full self driving computer. Not to be confused to having the FSD package. I have enhanced autopilot just as I had when I dropped off the car.