TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Canadian Pricing for Model 3

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Black Rain, May 11, 2018.

1. Black Rain

Black Rain Member

Looking for some quick help. Does anyone have the price list for Model 3 and all options. I was under impression the PDI fees are included in the price on the website but was told this was not the case and wanted to reconcile my final purchase price.

2. 5_+JqckQttqck

5_+JqckQttqck Active Member

See below, with Paint and EAP, MSRP = 72000 + 1300 Destination and Doc Fee.

Attached Files:

3. Black Rain

Black Rain Member

Thanks... LOL. I didn't realize that changing from Black to White was $1300.... thought it was only a $1000. just realized it was likely $1000 USD.

4. elechead

elechead Member

Tesla seems to apply an exchange rate of 1.3 so take the US price and multiply by that. The FX rate on the market will fluctuate obviously. But unless but it moves substantially away from 1.3 (like to 1.2 or 1.4), I don't see Tesla adjust it.

5. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

In the past Tesla has tried to be fair to Canadian buyers with the exchange rate. When the dollar dropped they delayed raising the price to compensate as long as they could. Things have been pretty static for a while I think though. I haven't really being paying that much attention lately.

• Like x 1
  6. Vawlkus

Vawlkus Member

They do update the exchange rate they use, just not very frequently. Something like once a quarter or something similar.

7. 03DSG

03DSG Active Member

It appears Tesla has no fixed schedule for exchange rate adjustment. The last adjustment was 9 months ago in early August of 2017. At that time the base price of an S 75D dropped from $101,750 CDN to $96,650. A drop of 5.0%.
    This was on the S 75D USD base price of $74,500 and represents a drop in the exchange rate from 36.6% to 29.7%.
    It has been stable at that level since.

• Informative x 1
  8. 5_+JqckQttqck

5_+JqckQttqck Active Member

Once again Canada pays a bit more for the same product. Exchange rate for LR, PUP, EAP + Pain = ~70500 CAD (-1500). That's PPF and or a set of good rims.

• Like x 1