Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Pricing for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking for some quick help. Does anyone have the price list for Model 3 and all options. I was under impression the PDI fees are included in the price on the website but was told this was not the case and wanted to reconcile my final purchase price.

See below, with Paint and EAP, MSRP = 72000 + 1300 Destination and Doc Fee.

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-11_17-28-11.png
    upload_2018-5-11_17-28-11.png
    83 KB · Views: 127
Tesla seems to apply an exchange rate of 1.3 so take the US price and multiply by that. The FX rate on the market will fluctuate obviously. But unless but it moves substantially away from 1.3 (like to 1.2 or 1.4), I don't see Tesla adjust it.

In the past Tesla has tried to be fair to Canadian buyers with the exchange rate. When the dollar dropped they delayed raising the price to compensate as long as they could. Things have been pretty static for a while I think though. I haven't really being paying that much attention lately.

Reactions: 03DSG
They do update the exchange rate they use, just not very frequently. Something like once a quarter or something similar.

It appears Tesla has no fixed schedule for exchange rate adjustment. The last adjustment was 9 months ago in early August of 2017. At that time the base price of an S 75D dropped from $101,750 CDN to $96,650. A drop of 5.0%.
This was on the S 75D USD base price of $74,500 and represents a drop in the exchange rate from 36.6% to 29.7%.
It has been stable at that level since.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
It appears Tesla has no fixed schedule for exchange rate adjustment. The last adjustment was 9 months ago in early August of 2017. At that time the base price of an S 75D dropped from $101,750 CDN to $96,650. A drop of 5.0%.
This was on the S 75D USD base price of $74,500 and represents a drop in the exchange rate from 36.6% to 29.7%.
It has been stable at that level since.

Once again Canada pays a bit more for the same product. Exchange rate for LR, PUP, EAP + Pain = ~70500 CAD (-1500). That's PPF and or a set of good rims.

Reactions: akidesir