Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Production Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think they are doing it roughly by reservation date. So those like mnx who have waited for years are finalizing a few weeks sooner than those who have waited for 10 months or so. I would expect the later reservations to get interleaved with current USA reservation holders.

That's fair. As eager as I am, I would kind of rather wait until spring at this point in the season. Winter in Ontario is the worst on a new car!

Something fishy is happening to the Canuck orders. I see the latest finalize orders coming in for the Americans at reservation numbers greater than 11k. When I ordered mine (P353) back on July 1st, the American reservation numbers were about 9,900. I am patient and all, but come on Tesla, be fair please... The highest Candian order finallization I see is about P150... Are they trying to lump us all together perhaps?

Yeah, I wondered if that would happen. Here's my interpretation of events:

Remember that they're trying to push out as many cars as they can for the 4th quarter investor report. That's why American production cars with the right configurations are getting express service to the front of the line, even if they have a pretty high sequence number. Unfortunately for Canadian Production vehicles they had also promised to deliver all the Signatures first, so I guess Canadian production cars are not getting pulled forwards.

Just my guess... but probably correct.

Yeah, I wondered if that would happen. Here's my interpretation of events:

Remember that they're trying to push out as many cars as they can for the 4th quarter investor report. That's why American production cars with the right configurations are getting express service to the front of the line, even if they have a pretty high sequence number. Unfortunately for Canadian Production vehicles they had also promised to deliver all the Signatures first, so I guess Canadian production cars are not getting pulled forwards.

Just my guess... but probably correct.

I have no issue with them delivering the sigs first, part of the sig premium.

However, what's stopping them from finalizing the other canadian orders (in sequence)?

Kind of annoying given the small number of vehicles involved, but who knows what's going on behind the scenes...

However, what's stopping them from finalizing the other canadian orders (in sequence)?

Kind of annoying given the small number of vehicles involved, but who knows what's going on behind the scenes...

They're probably working their butts off 24/7 to build, ship, and deliver cars. Anything that's not happening THIS YEAR is probably tomorrow's problem.

US and CDN cars are optioned differently so I suspect that they will wait and run batches through.

I had a chat with Julia at Tesla yesterday and she confirmed that 4th quarter delivery is the primary focus...so Doug is right. They are sticking to the plan for delivering Sigs first, and the Canadian lot appears to be the last of them (I think). She also hinted at the December push is a combination of delivery staff availability, bulk shipping time, delivery events (over personal delivery) and third party supplier parts that is dictating which P's get the seemingly early nod. The unfortunate part is that early Canadian P's are not following their sister Sigs in the December push and I suspect it is a direct result of shipping time and all the other Canadian issues like setting up the service centers, delivery staff, etc.

My guess is that they will start Canadian production builds sometime between the last week of December and the first two weeks of Jan. That's about the right timing for Feb deliveries to begin.

Yes; it looks like the early Cdn P's will not be a quick delivery due to the small Canadian team. I think it will be a while before Canadian orders "catch up" sequence-wise with US. To put it into perspective, even the early P's will get their cars well after their equivalently-timed US P's. If it's any consolation, even if you haven't finalized yet, you won't be waiting as long as most of those who have.

To your point KBF,m I complained to TM that I reserved in Aug'11 while US P that reserved in September'12 have received their config email... which I haven't

You've got to be patient. I reserved 2 years before you and only got my finalize e-mail ~2 weeks ago. :)

Hopefully they make building Canadian P's a priority and try to schedule them for production as quickly as possible.