Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Roadster for sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

djp

Model 3 Performance
Aug 28, 2011
Toronto, Canada
With the arrival of my Model 3 I'm considering parting with my Roadster. This is a rare opportunity to own Tesla's first production car, only ~50 Roadsters exist in the Canadian market and Tesla is no longer converting US cars for import.

The car is a 2010 Roadster 2.0 with 55,000km on the odometer. Battery charges to 95% of original capacity (148 CAC). The interior has been upgraded to 2.5 and the car is in immaculate condition. A number of options and upgrades are included:

Exterior
  • Premium Electric Blue paint
  • 3M VentureShield protective wrap
  • Opticoat paint protection
  • Solarguard windshield
  • Tesla HID headlights
  • Tesla car cover
Tops
  • Body colour carbon fiber hard top and carrying case
  • Visium transparent hard top
  • Taylor mesh top
  • Standard soft-top
Interior
  • Premium leather interior
  • Interior Carbon Fiber Kit
  • Double DIN Alpine INE-S920HD with Bluetooth, iPod connector, GPS and backup camera
  • 6-way Focal speakers
Wheels / Suspension
  • Adjustable sport suspension
  • Black forged aluminum rims with Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD07 tires
  • Silver cast aluminum rims with Pirelli Sottozero II winter tires
  • Carbotech AX6 brake pads
Charging
  • Universal Mobile Connector with 14-50, 6-50 and 14-30 adapters
  • Spare 120V connector
  • Model S and J1772 adapters (CAN SR and JR)

Original MSRP plus upgrades was $175K CAD. Offered for sale at $95K CAD.

Please PM me for details.

2bYnbcy

In The Wet.jpg

IMG_3619.JPG

Opticoat.jpg

Pepsi.png

After 1.jpeg

After 2.jpeg

2c3Ef2D

2c3Ebig

2aWPXPW

PUEus5

2bYmUXW

2bYmUJ9

Attachments

• IMG_1310.jpeg
    IMG_1310.jpeg
    92.5 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
I would agree that this is a georgeous car. And that the price is most definitely a fair one. What I'd like to know more about (despite this being a "for sale" thread) is about "Tesla is no longer converting US cars for import". New to forum so perhaps this is discussed elsewhere (admitting I'm finding it hard to search things - saw this thread yesterday and due to new internet box.... Took me about an hour to try multiple searches to find this post again)

Welcome to my story lol, you can import a us roadster to Canada, however you need certain parts that are no longer available, cost of parts around 5k, however irrelevant if Tesla won’t do the work, basically the immobilizer need changing and it’s a specific one that needs the homelink garage door opener so you need some sofrware to go with that hardware, daytime running lights obviously, and the seatbelt releases swapped to red buttons. The dash needs to be put into Km/hr and that may be a problem finding that part. Finally EVERY sticker on the car needs to be in French and English. You have a set time to do this once the car is in Canada and you have to get it RIV tested and then safetied. The best part for BC is you can get a temporary owners permit and drive it. If you need a volunteer to deliver the car I did the journey a few months back when I brought my car back from Anacortes. (It was a car that had been imported to B.C.) however I would wait till the snow melts. The journey is a pretty solid 5-6 days and best going through the US as their charger network is amazing even in places you wouldn’t expect. I have a route map with stops every 150 miles or so and have destination chargers mapped for the route. It was a trip I thoroughly recommend, although I would put a wrap on the front of the car to protect it and remove it once you are home.
If you are looking for a Canadian registered car you cannot go wrong with this one, the only ‘problem’ with buying this car, you have nothing left to buy. When people drool over the carbon option or the double din dash, or adjustable suspension, the see-through roof, you have it all.

Reactions: Roadrunner13