TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Canadian-spec software differences

Discussion in 'Canada' started by RiverBrick, Mar 16, 2015.

1. RiverBrick

RiverBrick Active Member

Recently, I went from 6.1 2.2.140 to 2.2.179

Now, the Internet keyboard has a .ca key where it used to be .com, so I guess this is a change for Canadian cars. I haven't found a way to switch back to .com, a suffix which is more useful.

The .179 keyboard also allows you to enter non English characters like è.
    However, this is not a French Canadian feature, since characters from many languages are now offered.

Might other Canadian tweeks be coming? I'd like to see the rear and wiper defrosters stay on longer than the default 15 minutes, for example.

2. wayner

wayner Active Member

I would like to see the heated steering wheel stay on from November until April!

3. sundoc

sundoc Member

I'd plain like to see a heated steering wheel! Haha

4. PoweredByRain

PoweredByRain Member

At least the seat heater stays on when it's switched on. I recently had occasion to drive an ICE repeatedly in Ottawa in February (yuck on two counts) and it drove me batty that I had to turn on the seat heater every time. (Never mind that whole silly nonsense with starting the engine. :) ) I mean, hello? What, did you think it suddenly isn't February any more? It's frigging -25 out, the car's got a temperature sensor, why wouldn't I want the seat heater on?

5. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

Interesting perspective, but even at -25, I don't want the seat heater coming on by default. I always have to remember to turn it off as I get out of the car which is mildly annoying to me. I like to turn it on and as soon as I start to feel heat, turn it back off. I don't like the feel of sitting in a "hot" seat. Makes it feel like I've wet myself :biggrin:

6. wayner

wayner Active Member

I like the seat heater and heated wheel on all winter.

I think the heated seats only stay on for the front seats.

7. kizagjo

kizagjo Member

mknox... happens often? ;)

but in all seriousness, i used to think that too, but over this winter i've gotten used to it, and wish it heated up my butt a little faster on those really cold mornings

8. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

I have found, even on the coldest mornings, if I pre-heat the car that the seats and steering wheel are plenty warm for me. Getting into a stone cold car is different and I agree with you.

9. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

Ditto!

Perhaps our cars should say "INSANE, EH?" :)

10. In2oil

In2oil Member

Good one.

11. Hugh Mannity

Hugh Mannity Mediocre Member

And using the new range assurance feature to tie in all the timmys locations. Then again there is a timmys every 400 to 500 metres, maybe not so useful... Eh? Hmmm