Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian SR 3+ FSD with No "Auto Lane Change" Option

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Canadian SR 3+ FSD with No "Auto Lane Change" Option appearing in AutoPilot menu.

So is it a regional / regulation thing that I have to confirm manually lane changes when in Navigate on Autopilot.

Yes, I know it's beta but after shelling out $6600 for FSD color me disappointed for now. It does exit the highway on NOA automatically

SR + build date 04/2019. Current firmware 2019.12.1.2 with 1012 kms. Delivered May 14.

I have Navigate on Autopilot on with FSD. No Auto Lane Change. I have to use turn signal to tell AP to change lanes to overpass slower cars then I have to turn signal to tell AP to get back into left lane after passing slow cars.

Not so automatic. Just as I said before it will change lanes automatically when exiting highway as per Navigation destination.

Think I finally found my answer Teslas can now change lanes by themselves, no driver input needed

"This latest update to the Navigation on Autopilot function is being sent over-the-air to U.S. customers who purchased Enhanced Autopilot or Full Self-Driving Capability.

It will be rolled out in other markets once it’s validated and approved by regulators."

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Mayoo
Canadian SR 3+ FSD with No "Auto Lane Change" Option appearing in AutoPilot menu.

So is it a regional / regulation thing that I have to confirm manually lane changes when in Navigate on Autopilot.

Yes, I know it's beta but after shelling out $6600 for FSD color me disappointed for now. It does exit the highway on NOA automatically

SR + build date 04/2019. Current firmware 2019.12.1.2 with 1012 kms. Delivered May 14.

I have the auto lane change option available and activated on my Canadian Model 3 LR AWD purchased September 2018 (AP 2.5 hardware), and firmware starting from early April had the option for auto lane change which does work whenever navigate on autopilot is available (single blue line in car view).

I believe what is happening is that the new Model 3 cars coming off the line have full self drive 3.0 hardware and that if you do have a newer Model 3 with full self drive 3.0 hardware the Tesla engineers still need to train and certify the neural net for those to be confident that the auto lane change is reliable enough for use. People with the old 2.5 hardware do have it activated because that hardware (and more importantly neural net) has been on the road for longer and hence had much more testing for them to be confident to turn on auto lane change.

I have Navigate on Autopilot on with FSD. No Auto Lane Change. I have to use turn signal to tell AP to change lanes to overpass slower cars then I have to turn signal to tell AP to get back into left lane after passing slow cars.

Not so automatic. Just as I said before it will change lanes automatically when exiting highway as per Navigation destination.

Think I finally found my answer Teslas can now change lanes by themselves, no driver input needed

"This latest update to the Navigation on Autopilot function is being sent over-the-air to U.S. customers who purchased Enhanced Autopilot or Full Self-Driving Capability.

It will be rolled out in other markets once it’s validated and approved by regulators."
This may be obvious.. are you sure you selected a destination in the built in GPS, and tapped on the "Navigate on Autopilot" button (should be blue if its toggled on)?

Quick google search example:
Nav_on_AP_on.png