Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian store Tester configs...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone!

I've pretty much decided to upgrade my order to a P85+, but I want to drive one in that config before pulling the trigger.

Does anybody know if the test drive cars in either the Toronto or Vancouver stores are P85+?

I'm going to fly in, test the car, see the options in person (a lot more choices now than the last time I was there), place my deposit, and fly out again. I'll make a day-trip out of it.

Planning to go later this month.

Latest word from a Tesla employee at HQ in California informs me that the Toronto store has a P85 tester but not a plus.

However, there apparently is a P85+ tester in Vancouver. Unfortunately, it is in the process of being sold and I'm still waiting on the OK to come down and test it.

On an unrelated note, did anyone know that Michelin apparently does not sell the P85+ tires (265/35R21) in Canada? They must be bought/brought in by a US vendor.

Latest word from a Tesla employee at HQ in California informs me that the Toronto store has a P85 tester but not a plus.

However, there apparently is a P85+ tester in Vancouver. Unfortunately, it is in the process of being sold and I'm still waiting on the OK to come down and test it.

On an unrelated note, did anyone know that Michelin apparently does not sell the P85+ tires (265/35R21) in Canada? They must be bought/brought in by a US vendor.

I would assume that will change, although it could be that Tesla will just be the only Canadian source through the service centers. I hope not though since I am sure there will be a premium paid.

When I picked up my car this afternoon, the black P85+ loaner that I was supposed to have gotten was parked right next to me. They mentioned that this car was on it's way to Yorkdale as a test drive car, and service would be getting a new/different S85 loaner.

When I picked up my car this afternoon, the black P85+ loaner that I was supposed to have gotten was parked right next to me. They mentioned that this car was on it's way to Yorkdale as a test drive car, and service would be getting a new/different S85 loaner.

Would have been nice to know a week or two ago. I'd prefer going to Toronto to test drive a Plus rather than Vancouver because Toronto has an actual store (which would help me decide on options) instead of only a service center.

Would have been nice to know a week or two ago. I'd prefer going to Toronto to test drive a Plus rather than Vancouver because Toronto has an actual store (which would help me decide on options) instead of only a service center.

I posted this as soon as I heard, because I knew you were interested. I happened to mention that I was sorry not to have had the opportunity to drive it while my car was in for service and one of the service guys said maybe "next time". This was when someone else in the office corrected him and said the car was going to Yorkdale as a test drive car.

I drove that black P85+ for a week and put 700km on it while my P85 was in for service, I would have bought it if I had all the money in the world. That's disappointing it isn't available as a loaner any more as I need to take my car in again for a 4th alignment and for the motor hum problem. I bet it doesn't last long as a demo at the Toronto store. I was surprised to find out that they have quite a few cars in inventory for immediate purchase ie. probably the demos, and test drive cars.

That's odd? I was just speaking to the Toronto store and they say the only have 1 demo to purchase and it has over 2000 Kms.
They also informed me that a demo with over 2000 Kms does not qualify for the $8500 EV rebate...therefore not worth purchasing.. Is this true? Does not qualify???

Last edited:
That's odd? I was just speaking to the Toronto store and they say the only have 1 demo to purchase and it has over 2000 Kms.
They also informed me that a demo with over 2000 Kms does not qualify for the $8500 EV rebate...therefore not worth purchasing.. Is this true? Does not qualify???

Probably. But in that case Tesla will probably have to swallow the $8500 themselves, unless they find someone who just-has-to-have-it-now.

I drove that black P85+ for a week and put 700km on it while my P85 was in for service,

Yeah, I was very disappointed not to get it, even though I booked my appointment way out specifically for that reason. I've noted in other threads that I didn't see a huge difference in performance between the S and P based on two test drives, and was hoping for a few days with that car to confirm or deny my suspicions. Oh well...

This has been a very confusing couple weeks. Tesla is in a constant state of flux.

I want to test drive (TD) a P85+. The process has gone like this so far:

- Told by HQ that Toronto only has standard P85, need to go to Vancouver to test P85+.
- Booked TD and flight for Vancouver.
- P85+ might be being sold before I arrive!
- No word from customer, so TD back on.
- Test car sideswiped in parking lot, no longer available for TD.
- News that Toronto is converting P85+ loaner into a tester.
- Had already re-booked TD in Vancouver for next week (when original P85+ repaired).
- Got e-mail from Tesla today informing me that they have a new location in Vancouver (666 Burrard St, not ominous at all :tongue:).

Whew! Who knows what else will occur in the next 7 days?

I feel for you! I couldn't even get the car as a loaner despite specifically reserving it. For me, I'm only a few miles from both the Store and the Service Center so if I was really concerned about it, I could probably after a couple of attempts get a drive in it. When you're coming from out of town, it's a whole different story. I would be concerned that as a Test Drive car, it could sell before you got here. It's a pretty sweet looking ride (I do like black).

This has been a very confusing couple weeks. Tesla is in a constant state of flux.

I want to test drive (TD) a P85+. The process has gone like this so far:

- Told by HQ that Toronto only has standard P85, need to go to Vancouver to test P85+.
- Booked TD and flight for Vancouver.
- P85+ might be being sold before I arrive!
- No word from customer, so TD back on.
- Test car sideswiped in parking lot, no longer available for TD.
- News that Toronto is converting P85+ loaner into a tester.
- Had already re-booked TD in Vancouver for next week (when original P85+ repaired).
- Got e-mail from Tesla today informing me that they have a new location in Vancouver (666 Burrard St, not ominous at all :tongue:).

I do hope you get to drive that Black P85+ in Vancouver & they fix it up nicely. I had it for the September long weekend while they were fixing a power window clip on my rear window. It was amazing. Colour scheme was perfect, black leather with red piping, beige suede headliner, carbon fibre dash (or it may have been piano black - memory fart!). Huge performance difference from my 60, and I think my 60 accelerates fast. You may need a neck brace after you floor it a few times!

Surprised about that location on Burrard - I have a client in the office tower at that location and it only has a small amount of commercial level storefront space. SC had been telling me even recently papers were being signed at Pacific Centre. It was just rumors I guess...

Surprised about that location on Burrard - I have a client in the office tower at that location and it only has a small amount of commercial level storefront space. SC had been telling me even recently papers were being signed at Pacific Centre. It was just rumors I guess...

That is an odd place, I had a financial adviser that once worked in that building. I still remember the conversation

"My office is at 666 Burrard, yeah, the Devil's building, come on down."

I'm pretty sure one of the Tesla Vancouver guys lives in my building. I'll see if I can get some info from him If I pass him in the elevator.

The e-mail I got was rather confusing, but I don't think the Burrard location is the new store; that's likely still going to be at Pacific Centre. It referred to the Burrard location as a "satellite sales office". I'm not sure what that means. Is it a broom closet with a desk and a few posters in it? All I know is that they want me there for my test drive rather than the SC location. :confused: