Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Stores and Service Centers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
More service centres are needed to be sure. Just the same, they won't sell many cars from the Ambassador Road location. Oakville on the other hand....

Perhaps Tesla is changing their strategy. Originally, they were opening "boutique - style" stores in fancy malls and shopping areas, then strategically placing service centers around to support owners. Do you think they're now trying to emulate traditional dealerships?

Perhaps Tesla is changing their strategy. Originally, they were opening "boutique - style" stores in fancy malls and shopping areas, then strategically placing service centers around to support owners. Do you think they're now trying to emulate traditional dealerships?
It's difficult to tell exactly. For example, Oakville will be a service centre but is located amid a bunch of traditional dealerships. I doubt they are emulating the status quo so much as they are aiming to target traditional automotive customer traffic. We certainly haven't heard of very many boutique style stores popping up in Canada. The next 12 - 24 months should tell the story.

It's difficult to tell exactly. For example, Oakville will be a service centre but is located amid a bunch of traditional dealerships. I doubt they are emulating the status quo so much as they are aiming to target traditional automotive customer traffic. We certainly haven't heard of very many boutique style stores popping up in Canada. The next 12 - 24 months should tell the story.
Sure Tesla started off very different but as they grow they are emulating the traditional model more and more. To me the shine has come off quite a bit.

Tesla originally opened a service-only location in Montreal. Problem was, they kept getting general public showing up wanting test drives. So they ended up hiring sales staff for the service center. Eventually they moved to a very large dealership-style store/service center.

It took the Montreal service center four tries to fix my steering clunk issues. If they're swamped, rushing the work isn't helping them. I hope they address your concerns. Their business depends on good costumer service if they want to sell model III beyond the initial reservations. I'd escalate up the chain.

I have to say I like the dealer style better. All things in one place I do not want to go to a overcrowd mall to buy a car.. My first visit to tesla in Calgary was not the best the store had 100 people in it. 5-6 kids playing with the car in the show room. This is not the 100k plus car buying experience they talk about.. I am sorry if I sound rude but when speeding money I would like to get the hole experience! I have to say the staff was great! After the manager at the Calgary location called to follow up I ended up order our first car! Now we are looking at getting number two!

IMG_2407.JPG

I drove by the Oakville location yesterday, and there has certainly been progress since my last visit, when it was essentially ripped back to the bare metal frame. I understand that they hope to be open by the end of the year, and they just may make it.

• Love
Reactions: Blazing Whisper
I have to say I like the dealer style better. All things in one place I do not want to go to a overcrowd mall to buy a car.. My first visit to tesla in Calgary was not the best the store had 100 people in it. 5-6 kids playing with the car in the show room. This is not the 100k plus car buying experience they talk about.. I am sorry if I sound rude but when speeding money I would like to get the hole experience! I have to say the staff was great! After the manager at the Calgary location called to follow up I ended up order our first car! Now we are looking at getting number two!

Glad to hear the experience didn't sour your decision too much! Looks like the staff at least helped you out enough.

I agree though, the Calgary store needs an upgrade in size which should help immensely.

As a parent of a very high-energy toddler who is learning to crawl all over whatever he can (automotive skateboards are an excellent example)/push buttons, I apologize on their behalf. Our first visit to the store as a family involved me trying to:
a) keep my curious almost-3 year old under control but still indoctrinate him to EVs ;)
b) see and feel the new Model X on display
c) educate my wife on a few things Tesla-related. She actually really dug the X
d) educate a few strangers as they had questions and the sales staff were very busy.

This was early in the morning on Labour day. The mall was not super busy. The store needs to have room for at least 2 Ses, 2 Xes and the skateboard (Plus two 3s when they come out).
We could not lift up the rear hatch of the X (nor the Falcon Wing Doors), which was disappointing.
We could not see an S with the rear-facing child seats, which was disappointing.
The staff were over busy and there were a lot of people that had legitimate questions.

I think this location is only temporary, so the new (larger) location will be much appreciated by all.

My wife suggested having sales staff down by the demo car area as there are at least several models to look at. I figured that mall insurance would have some issue with that though. While I was sitting in our car waiting for my baby to wake up, I saw no less than 3 families park and check out the Tesla demo cars in the parkade before going upstairs to shop. (Of course I parked in the nearby family parking area :))

View attachment 196200

I drove by the Oakville location yesterday, and there has certainly been progress since my last visit, when it was essentially ripped back to the bare metal frame. I understand that they hope to be open by the end of the year, and they just may make it.

That's awesome progress! Last time I dropped by there it was a scrapyard, made me think I'm in the wrong location. Thanks for sharing.

Yesterday a Tesla salesman called from Montreal, suggesting that I could upgrade to a 75D at a good price, so I would have AWD.

I told him that I wasn't prepared to give up my anywhere service plan, and that unfortunately I would not be buying another Tesla until there is a service center in Ottawa.

He said that they were going to build one, but he couldn't promise a timeline on it.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
Yesterday a Tesla salesman called from Montreal, suggesting that I could upgrade to a 75D at a good price, so I would have AWD.

I told him that I wasn't prepared to give up my anywhere service plan, and that unfortunately I would not be buying another Tesla until there is a service center in Ottawa.

If you're inclined, tell them you'll buy the car if they offer you the same "anywhere" plan you have now. Should be a no-brainer for Tesla: they sell a new car and add net zero new customers to the "anywhere" plan.

Reactions: SmartElectric

He said that they were going to build one, but he couldn't promise a timeline on it.

...in an ethereal voice..."Doug, if you buy it, they will build it..." ;):D

FYI. The original falsely rumoured Oakville Tesla service centre site will be a large Budds Jaguar/Land Rover dealership. They are undergoing major demolition there right now. The piles of broken concrete they have taken out of the old warehouse are huge. This is next door to the confirmed Tesla service centre now under construction. I do believe Tesla would benefit from the size of that site more than Jaguar in the future! It will take a lot of oil changes, spark plugs, air filters and tune ups to pay for that dealership!

sp - Roczamb Holdings (Budd's Jaguar) - 227 Wyecroft Road

Reactions: SMPL