Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Stores and Service Centers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Per DMC-Orangeville's post under Eastern Canada Superechargers, it appears that the Oakville Service Centre will have 8 Superchargers. Listing is up at Supercharger.info. Southern Ontario won't be able to complain about a lack of charging options.
Wow that's great news! Should reduce demand a bit at Lawrence as well.

Will Oakville replace Mississauga? Or will GTA have 3 service centres?

Will Oakville replace Mississauga? Or will GTA have 3 service centres?

There is talk that Oakville will replace Mississauga which is very short-sighted in my view. I've already had conversations with service staff and Tesla about the fact that with Model X now and Model 3 soon, they need more service centers, not the same number or fewer going forward.

Reactions: Jaff
Agree completely Doug...Tesla does a marvelous job with technology, science & such...but with what should be the easier side (service and sales), they are not performing up to par in many instances...it's like service and sales are an afterthought to the main mission...

Agree completely Doug...Tesla does a marvelous job with technology, science & such...but with what should be the easier side (service and sales), they are not performing up to par in many instances...it's like service and sales are an afterthought to the main mission...
As long as every car they can build is sold months before it's made, what incentive do they have to change?

They have a huge incentive. Word of mouth is largely what built them up. Things can go the other way just as quickly.
So far they have made it abundantly clear that they don't care.
Honestly I doubt that will change until they have real competition, and at that time, I think they'll be in trouble, because I'm not sure they're willing to change. I do however hope that I'm wrong.

So far they have made it abundantly clear that they don't care.

I just went to their store/service center in Kits recently to pick up some center caps. When I bought, there was only a service center on Powell Street -- which is where I went for my test drive. I was really impressed with the size of the Kits location, its underground free parking (a necessity in Kits) and the friendly service staff who knew me by name and had my center caps ready. If that's not caring, please keep it coming.

At Kits I visited recently. They had sold out of cars and the sales staff had gone home early! Yet they still let me into the show room and two staff spoke with me. I was impressed.
That doesn't even make sense. The cars are built to order, you can't "sell out" in such a situation.
That the sales staff went home early is rather irresponsible really.

Reactions: Falkirk
I sure hope so, but until there's actual competition, that's not going to happen, and once there is... well we'll see if Tesla actually decides to improve.

I think it's important to clarify that the actual Service Center staff are great people, hard working and are doing whatever they can to satisfy the customer. That has always been my experience. The problem (and my worry) is that Tesla could be burning out staff due to the volumes of work they now get due to insufficient Centers, and it could lead to good people leaving and mediocre people joining.

I think it's important to clarify that the actual Service Center staff are great people, hard working and are doing whatever they can to satisfy the customer. That has always been my experience. The problem (and my worry) is that Tesla could be burning out staff due to the volumes of work they now get due to insufficient Centers, and it could lead to good people leaving and mediocre people joining.
I agree. The people at Tesla are great, their corporate policies, staffing levels, and priorities however are the absolute worst in the business.

I understand that the Montreal Service Centre hasn't had a manager for months.

Yesterday a Tesla salesman called from Montreal, suggesting that I could upgrade to a 75D at a good price, so I would have AWD.

I told him that I wasn't prepared to give up my anywhere service plan, and that unfortunately I would not be buying another Tesla until there is a service center in Ottawa.

He said that they were going to build one, but he couldn't promise a timeline on it.

I spoke with a friend on the weekend that would buy a Model X if there was a service centre in Ottawa.

I understand that the Montreal Service Centre hasn't had a manager for months.

I'm not aware that Toronto Yorkdale has had a manager for most of this year, unless one has been appointed recently. The person in charge of Canada lives in Oregon and is said to be unresponsive. Positions, which come up often, wait some months to be filled, with a hiring process that may politely be called questionable.

None of that is going to help this company survive. Even though it does many things extraordinarily well, in some ways it needs to stop behaving like a startup.

Reactions: Jaff and green1
One trip to the Lawrence street service location is enough to see that Tesla is not going to be able to handle all the service requirements for all the new cars not to mention Model 3. Oakville will help but they would need at least one or two more to handle the GTA alone (yes, I know about Mississausage)

My dealings with staff so far has been great but yes, it's obvious they're overworked and understaffed.

Reactions: Falkirk