TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Canadian Stores and Service Centers

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Duckjybe, Jan 15, 2014.

Tags:
  1. beeshaw

beeshaw New Member

I'm hoping for one more in the Durham Region - Pickering/Ajax/Whitby would be much more convenient for me.

2. wayner

wayner Active Member

Yes, you would think that given the number of cars ordered that there should be as many Tesla Service Centres as what you see for competitors like BMW - they should be scattered in all corners of the GTA. But they seem very slow in building new sites - I believe that Ottawa is still waiting for its first one. They don't seem to be doing much of anything this year in Ontario - SuperChargers being the other example.

3. Jim R

Jim R Member

Geeze, I wish you guys would quit whining about more service centres in GTA. How about one somewhere east of Quebec? Just one. Please.

• Like x 3
  4. dc15

dc15 Member

Im in PEI with a Model 3 reservation. I am hoping there will be a Service Center in Halifax or Moncton. Otherwise I'll be cancelling. Shipping a car to Quebec for service is insane.

• Like x 2
  5. Rik59

Rik59 Member

That's been rumoured for many years. Do you have any recent evidence?

6. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Was recently told it will be a retail storefront type location, and there will be a van for service.

Evidence? You'll never get solid evidence from Tesla until you spot permits or actual construction.

• Funny x 1
  7. 3s-a-charm

3s-a-charm Active Member

Shout out to the new Calgary/Alberta Service Centre... it ROCKS!! Staff is great, loaners are great, service is great.

• Like x 2
    • Love x 1
  8. Vawlkus

Vawlkus Member

I’m betting somewhere between Moncton and Enfield, that’s a more centralized location, but who knows with Tesla.

9. Jaff

Jaff Active Member

I'd bet with the increased efforts by Tesla in their mobile Ranger fleet, they'll be coming to you for your service, as opposed to you bringing your vehicle in. I'd wait to confirm this before you cancel your reservation.

10. Vawlkus

Vawlkus Member

The trouble there is that the ranger would still be dispatched from Montreal.

11. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Reportedly the plan is to have vans localized to certain service areas. That would be reasonable for most types of service.

Mind you, they've been talking about having a dedicated local service Ranger for Ottawa for well over a year, and it has never happened.

Personally I would wait and see. If they haven't made suitable arrangements for local service by the time you have to lock in, then cancel. You can always buy one later.

• Like x 1
  12. Rik59

Rik59 Member

The ad for an Ottawa van service guy has been on the Tesla Careers page for quite a while now.

13. MoosejawShaw

MoosejawShaw Member

Pop up booth till Wednesday in St Laurent mall.

Attached Files:

14. Mr. PlugShare

Mr. PlugShare PlugShare Maniac & Active Member

Place Vertu? You mean...

15. Rik59

Rik59 Member

Pop up display at St. Laurent Centre in Ottawa until close of business Tuesday. Wednesday is a private affair. There is an S and an X.
    Lots of people oohing and aahing, lots of “I want one.”

• Like x 1
  16. Mr. PlugShare

Mr. PlugShare PlugShare Maniac & Active Member

17. Rik59

Rik59 Member

Fairly reliable source told me today that there will probably be a Tesla shop in Ottawa next year. He hopes a Service Center also but not sure.

• Informative x 1
  18. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

Sounds great. Heard this many times before though.

19. chelseap

chelseap Member

Props to the 4th Ave. Vancouver Store and Service Centre for a smooth delivery of our MX this morning. A clean car; a team ready with properly completed documents; thorough orientation (kudos to Kirk) and the time and positive attitude to welcome my vehicle inspection, thanks to a highly useful TMC checklist. It's the (hopeful) beginning of a beautiful service relationship...

• Like x 1
  20. chelseap

chelseap Member

I should clarify that by "clean" I mean not only literally, but with no apparent defects surfacing durng the inspection. Here's hoping that remains so.

• Like x 1