Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Stores and Service Centers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm also in Ottawa. My Model 3 invite is currently coming "late 2018".

We understand they have posted for an Ottawa Ranger or whatever they're called. Would this Ranger have some parts and some loaners that get us halfway equivalent to a SC? I mean, I hear Tesla does incredible things - like transport it to and from a remote SC for repairs for you - so that you're not without a car for any time. How big is the risk?

On a related note, I wonder how long my pride in being a rare Ottawa Model 3 owner will last if I have mechanical problems...!?! Do I want lots of Model 3 owners now so we get an SC??
;)

Interesting. Going by Tesla’s carbon figures, Kitchener has half as many cars as Ottawa’s
I'm also in Ottawa. My Model 3 invite is currently coming "late 2018".

We understand they have posted for an Ottawa Ranger or whatever they're called. Would this Ranger have some parts and some loaners that get us halfway equivalent to a SC? I mean, I hear Tesla does incredible things - like transport it to and from a remote SC for repairs for you - so that you're not without a car for any time. How big is the risk?

On a related note, I wonder how long my pride in being a rare Ottawa Model 3 owner will last if I have mechanical problems...!?! Do I want lots of Model 3 owners now so we get an SC??
;)

On the positive side, I got my first Tesla in 2010 when there we NO service centers in Canada. Ranger service has worked very well for the most part. My car was either worked on in my garage (or at work) or trucked to Montreal (Toronto at first) and replaced with a loaner. There have been some extra costs though as the policy on Ranger service has varied over time.

On the negative side, this isn't the first time they've advertised for a dedicated Ottawa Ranger. It never came to pass the last time. Hopefully this time will be different.

Interesting. Going by Tesla’s carbon figures, Kitchener has half as many cars as Ottawa’s.

Yeah, you'd think it would help Tesla curry favour with the federal government for favourable policies towards EVs if they put an SC here to promote more purchases in the nation's capital.

PS so impressed with your Tesla purchase record, @Doug_G. My Miata's a Roadster wannabe!
;)

Reactions: TrevTremaine
Interesting. Going by Tesla’s carbon figures, Kitchener has half as many cars as Ottawa’s

When I placed the order for my car, one of the people I was dealing with mentioned that Kitchener/Waterloo was far more likely to get a service center before Ottawa, because KW was forward thinking and Ottawa was too conservative. I'm not sure what the criteria are for determining that, but it would appear they were correct as to which would be built first.

When I placed the order for my car, one of the people I was dealing with mentioned that Kitchener/Waterloo was far more likely to get a service center before Ottawa, because KW was forward thinking and Ottawa was too conservative. I'm not sure what the criteria are for determining that, but it would appear they were correct as to which would be built first.

Seems like a bizarre statement, considering that the city is something of a technology hub (even if somewhat diminished from the glory days of Nortel and JDS). It has a growing autonomous vehicle industry. I wonder if this is based on real data or preconceived notions of it being a government town.

Seems like a bizarre statement, considering that the city is something of a technology hub (even if somewhat diminished from the glory days of Nortel and JDS). It has a growing autonomous vehicle industry. I wonder if this is based on real data or preconceived notions of it being a government town.
Agreed... I did a bit of rough calculations (based on model3tracker.info stats) of approximately how many M3 reservations were made within a 150Klm radius of Ottawa (including Gatineau area), it's somewhere between 1,500-2,000 (without xx % cancellations factored in) with a population base of approximately 1 million..
Your point about 'chicken and egg' is very valid, we're a 1 vehicle household and the fact there's no service center does make me hesitate. I don't expect M3 owners will get the same level of service Model S& X get..

A more likely reason for K/W getting a service center is, Tesla will funnel all service for towns north/west/south/+ a bit east to K/W service center... When you start counting larger towns like London,Guelph, Hamilton all the way to Windsor and north, its probably a lot of Teslas. That doesn't even count GTA spillover when the GTA SC's are backlogged...

“That’s frustrating. I don’t expect to see an Ottawa SC until we have hundreds of Model 3s locally. So a couple of years at best.

I recently had some sevice that took two months to complete. The infamous door handles. This wasn’t Montreal‘s fault - they couldn’t get the parts. Everything was done by ranger service. The issue was less the location and more Tesla Fremont. It was frustrating though because I had to crawl in the passenger side to open the door for two months!”

Doug

I have the same problem and once we return from Japan at the end of April. I have an appointment in Toronto in early May to rectify the problem. We need a SC in Ottawa to save us from long trips.

Update to my post #507.
Ranger arrived at my home in Ottawa Friday at 4:00 p.m. He replaced both FWD touch sensors (behind the black stripe at the bottom of the door. He then installed 2018.14.2 a88808e, FIFTEEN updates beyond the 2017.50.2 that I’ve had since I received my Model X.
Can’t wait to see if the next update installs by itself.
Thank you Tesla Service Montreal.

Don't know if the address of the KW site is announced but here it is:

Tesla - Kitchener/Waterloo
Yup, I already drove by there about a week ago. No modifications have been done to the building inside or out. And it's right beside a heavy construction zone where a hiway pass is being rebuilt. Road and entrance to the lot is in pretty bad condition right now.

Look what I just discovered in Quebec City this afternoon right next to Porsche and Volvo.

teslayqb.jpg