Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Stores and Service Centers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's not my experience. When I brought in my model 3 to Oakville they said that they'd give me either a loaner or rental on the day I got there. They tried to find a Tesla loaner but didn't have anything so I had to take a BMW from Enterprise. They didn't seem to look down on me, it's just the fact that they didn't have any loaners at the time.

Somebody on this forum said that if you were willing to wait, you could make an appointment for when they have a Tesla, but it's a long waiting list. I really just wanted to get everything finished so took the first service slot they had open.
That’s good to hear Oakville is like that. I’m just going to assume this is a one time experience and assume the guy was misinformed somehow. Anyways, I guess it’s human nature to see a guy come in with a $150k car and another in $80k and treat the first guy with more priority/better. Maybe i’m just over reacting or expecting too much.

Any idea if Edmonton will ever get a service center?
When I picked up my 3 on June 2nd I asked about Ranger Service for the Edmonton area and was told a Ranger had been hired for Edmonton and was in training. I've got a taillight with condensation in it and contacted the Calgary Service Centre a few days ago and they said they'd arrange for a Ranger to come out and fix it. No news on an Edmonton ServiceCentre yet, but happy if we get a good Ranger as it sounds like many issues can be fixed over the air or with the Ranger Service.

When I picked up my 3 on June 2nd I asked about Ranger Service for the Edmonton area and was told a Ranger had been hired for Edmonton and was in training. I've got a taillight with condensation in it and contacted the Calgary Service Centre a few days ago and they said they'd arrange for a Ranger to come out and fix it. No news on an Edmonton ServiceCentre yet, but happy if we get a good Ranger as it sounds like many issues can be fixed over the air or with the Ranger Service.

Good to hear, a step in the right direction at least.. :p

That too seems very odd. Is that a standard at the Tesla stores? You'd think you'd want people driving by and seeing all the happy current owners enjoying some free current.
By experience at places like Lawrence in Toronto I think that Tesla has found that Service Centres aren't great places for public SuperChargers as they become too congested. There are rumours that the original Toronto SuperCharger at the Lawrence Service Centre will close once Tesla installs the North York SuperCharger which will be nearby.

• Informative
Reactions: RiverBrick
If it actually happens. They said that about Ottawa a couple of years ago and it never happened.

Correcting myself... it has happened.

Just met Patrick, the new Ottawa service ranger!

He lives and works in Ottawa. He's getting a storage warehouse set up shortly so he'll have a supply of parts available.

Correcting myself... it has happened.

Just met Patrick, the new Ottawa service ranger!

He lives and works in Ottawa. He's getting a storage warehouse set up shortly so he'll have a supply of parts available.

So if there is a Ranger located at your city, how does the charge for mileage work?

We're 600 km from the new center in Quebec City and we've been told $1500 per service call currently.

Quebec City Service Center now open according to Tesla's website!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-06 at 1.12.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-06 at 1.12.51 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 55
That too seems very odd. Is that a standard at the Tesla stores? You'd think you'd want people driving by and seeing all the happy current owners enjoying some free current.

I agree with the reasons Wayner said. Also, many of the service centers are in areas zoned for dealerships, so there are no amenities available to drivers when the service centres are closed.

Reactions: karpetkutter
When I picked up my 3 on June 2nd I asked about Ranger Service for the Edmonton area and was told a Ranger had been hired for Edmonton and was in training. I've got a taillight with condensation in it and contacted the Calgary Service Centre a few days ago and they said they'd arrange for a Ranger to come out and fix it.

If it actually happens. They said that about Ottawa a couple of years ago and it never happened.

Well I've got an appointment at the end of the month (my request, I'm on holidays the next 3 weeks) with the Edmonton Ranger to replace my taillight with condensation issues. Name is Jamie. Seems like it's actually happening!