Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Stores and Service Centers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Post in the Alberta Owner's thread says they are not shutting down the location, they just fired the entire service team at once but will be replacing them. Hopefully there's more to this story, I'm curious to know what it is.
I heard back from an employee at Calgary. All service personnel were let go due to HR reasons. Other Tesla service personnel will be there Monday with more info to follow.

Calgary Service Team enjoying drink together
20190406_101835.jpg
..I wish them good luck for future.

• Informative
Reactions: AZRI11 and neroden
"A" guy? So, a mobile ranger has to look after the thousands of cars that are spread over a few provinces? Do you know how far Edmonton is from Calgary? Or actual Northern Alberta? Chicken and egg... you have to have a service center (and the staff) to service vehicles you want to sell. AB may not have incentives, but we also have a lot of wealthy folks, no PST and a LOT of Model 3s on the road now, at least compared to where it used to be. Again, you probably don't have much insight into the situation here compared to Vaughan where you can chuck a rock and hit three service centers. Sorry man, you're just helping with the Southern Ontario stereotype.

Boy, look at all those assumptions. Do you have any data on the numbers of cars in the Calgary/Lethbridge/Banff areas? If not, why don't you stop acting like it's this big huge market. It isn't. That's why Tesla left. They didn't leave cause they hate Calgarians. How wide a geographic area this may or may not be is 100% irrelevant. We're not talking about delivery of health care or public transportation here. We're talking about how many Tesla's are sold in the area. The rest is totally irrelevant.

And yes, I do know how far Edmonton is from Calgary. That's why I alluded to the ranger maybe having to head to Calgary every couple weeks or something. The guy in Medicine Hat or Lethbridge has much more reason to cry, as he'll most likely have to make the trip to Calgary to meet up with the guy.

And as far as actual numbers go, I've read Canadian delivery numbers from time to time. The Maritimes is a complete black hole, followed by SK & MB, then you have AB with some numbers, but not a huge number. So unless you want to go digging for the actual numbers delivered by region an prove me wrong.... I'd estimate this big huge area comprising multiple provinces that you keep referring to is responsible for <5% of total Canadian Tesla's, if that.

And as we're working on my big bad central Canada stereotype, why don't you move to Toronto, we've got great Tesla service. There's one 5 minutes from my work!

I'M JOKING, DON'T KILL ME!!! :p

Whoops, I guess this post is now obsolete. ;)

Last edited:
I was digging last through numbers from last year, and it looks like 5% was a major overestimate - it was actually about 2%. ;) After the Ontario sales collapse, though, 5% may be closer to reality at present for Alberta + Saskatchewan + Manitoba.

I was digging last through numbers from last year, and it looks like 5% was a major overestimate - it was actually about 2%. ;) After the Ontario sales collapse, though, 5% may be closer to reality at present for Alberta + Saskatchewan + Manitoba.

I was being generous as he was getting worked up. ;)

And it's in reality closer to 1%, as we're not talking about Alberta, just southern Alberta.

If it's a HR or business reason it's between Tesla and affected staff. To us, it seems unreasonable and a threat to the brand etc.. but this is very fresh, and we know nothing. Maybe we shouldn't. Of course we feel bad for a batch of people being let go all at once, these folks helped us in the past, were friendly ... and let's remind them: very employable elsewhere with those skills I bet!

See what happens in coming days before getting too jumpy on Tesla.

Maybe we'll see more of a shift to Mobile service, even in Calgary, and the SC will become more of a second line of defense for heavy parts repair.. More mobile is better for customers so this could be a step in that direction. Who'd complain then?

Last edited:
There is probably a story behind firing the whole team, and we will probably never hear it.

Electrik is reporting “Several members of the Calgary service team were terminated following an investigation into an employee complaint which confirmed repeated inappropriate exchanges between colleagues. This is in violation of our workplace policies and behavior we will not tolerate at Tesla.”

Great news for SC in Kitchener, Ontario.

The SC in Montreal is in my opinion under spaced for the market it has to serve. Street view below.

Google Maps

There is not enough customer parking spots. that you will have to park on the street most times. I was there on a Tuesday early afternoon and there was no parking on Tesla lot or anywhere near on the street. It was an old Chrysler dealer lot and next to them is Fixit body shop and on the other side a Mercedes-Benz dealer.

Just 10 miles west of the Island of Montreal is the Fairview Point-Claire shopping center where Tesla just recently installed 20 Superchargers there is an empty corner two story retail space that was vacated 2 years ago by Sears and has been empty since.
There is lots of parking in front of both level entrances to this space. Foot traffic would be excellent. You can clearly see it from the main 40 Highway and TESLA sign would be great advertisement as millions of cars/truck/buses past there daily the bottom could be a service center and the top could be show room, sales and lounge. If your waiting for more time than you willing to sit there just go shopping in the mall or eat at the food court.

I understand that Tesla want to control costs but Quebec is the leader in Provincial EV incentives and this spot would be the jewel in the Crown of EV in QC. Laval and north and west and the Vaudreuil would have a better time getting there compared to of that traffic rat hole ex-Chrysler dealer lot which is pretty much invisible in hidden behind a huge M-B tristar from Decarie. The only advantage is if they actually use the fix-it body shop next door.

Here is a google street view showing you both levels of old sears spot in mall.

Google Maps

Here is the second level up with two entry areas.

Google Maps

Google Maps

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
Is it feasible to own a Tesla vehicle without a service centre within 1,400 km.? This is my situation living in Thunder Bay, ON, with the nearest service centre in Toronto. Also nearest Supercharger in Canada to me is in Sudbury... 1,000 km. I would like to order a Model Y but the infrastructure is lacking.

Is it feasible to own a Tesla vehicle without a service centre within 1,400 km.? This is my situation living in Thunder Bay, ON, with the nearest service centre in Toronto. Also nearest Supercharger in Canada to me is in Sudbury... 1,000 km. I would like to order a Model Y but the infrastructure is lacking.
If you look at their map, they do plan on adding superchargers near you, but I can't speak for how soon that will be.
Supercharger | Tesla Canada

I'm curious how their ranger service works out there.

Reactions: Tom_P

Chances are you are going to need after sales service. Be realistic. Maybe Nissan or GM can sell you an EV that they can support you within 100 kms.

There are a lot of maintenance which can be done at non Tesla garage like windshields replacements, body work.
I am sure Tesla could send the part to a local mechanic with instructions if needed. In Montreal they are outsourcing a lot of work.
So I won't throw away the towel.

Understood... that’s why my original post asked if it is feasible. Looks like it’s not. I was hoping a Tesla owner from Northern Ontario would chime in. Maybe there are none.
Well there are a bunch of Tesla and EV owners in Sudbury, and a good EV club - but it's a bunch closer to Toronto.
Try a message to @lexcyn He runs the Greater Sudbury EV Association.