Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Stores and Service Centers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Robson is an awful location to do test drives from, I know, I just did one recently there. the traffic around there is so dense you can't try anything, and then they take you to a deserted service road near the cruise ship terminal to "play" a bit, you don't really get a chance to try any of the driver assist features because there's either no traffic, or too much, and no place you can cruise for a minute or two to see how it works.

+1 on Robson location being poor for test drive, you really don't get to experience much down that service road for the few minutes they give you there.

The new 4th/Fir location is interesting news, I'm often in that area and will check it out for hints of Tesla next time I'm down there. Note that there are a lot of other high end car dealers Within a few blocks so maybe a good location for a new store.

As for the oddities in that news article, I notice its author seems to basically be the luxury fashion reporter for vancitybuzz so perhaps chalk the inaccuracies up to that, plus that site's reporting is often light on details anyhow

I booked my tire swap at the Mississauga Service Centre recently with Valet service. They mentioned that they are moving to Oakville (I think this was speculated on the forum for a while now) soon.

The sad part for me is that they are also changing their valet policy after they move from 80km to 25km. If I still want valet, it will be $3/km over 25km. :( Sad times for me.

I booked my tire swap at the Mississauga Service Centre recently with Valet service. They mentioned that they are moving to Oakville (I think this was speculated on the forum for a while now) soon.

At a recent Tesla Owners Club meeting a fellow who is an employee of Tesla was there and mentioned that an Oakville center was in the cards, but that the Mississauga location would remain. This is consistent with what I was told at Tranmere. They told me that the decision about a new center was a separate conversation from what the fate of Tranmere would be. (They didn't close Tranmere when Lawrence opened up, after all).

The sad part for me is that they are also changing their valet policy after they move from 80km to 25km. If I still want valet, it will be $3/km over 25km. :( Sad times for me.
I wonder what happens when Tesla insists on using a store more than 25km away? When Tesla called me and said that they are ready to upgrade my seats to NextGen - which they owed me - they said that it will be done at Tranmere rather than Lawrence. I live 47 km from Tranmere but only 12km from Lawrence.

I wonder what happens when Tesla insists on using a store more than 25km away? When Tesla called me and said that they are ready to upgrade my seats to NextGen - which they owed me - they said that it will be done at Tranmere rather than Lawrence. I live 47 km from Tranmere but only 12km from Lawrence.

That seems odd just on it's own. Tranmere is a tiny little space and they are always worried about having too many cars in there at one time. I would have thought they'd prefer you go to Lawrence.

That seems odd just on it's own. Tranmere is a tiny little space and they are always worried about having too many cars in there at one time. I would have thought they'd prefer you go to Lawrence.
I agree - when they called and told me this I said "can't it be done at Lawrence" and they said no. Lawrence is even on my way to work so it is simpler for me to drop off the car in the morning, get a loaner, and pick it up after work. I have only ever been to Lawrence - that is where I picked up my car and have had my one service visit.

It will be interesting to see where exactly they settle in Oakville. There's a Volkswagen dealership on the North Service Road that might be up for grabs.

I agree - when they called and told me this I said "can't it be done at Lawrence" and they said no. Lawrence is even on my way to work so it is simpler for me to drop off the car in the morning, get a loaner, and pick it up after work. I have only ever been to Lawrence - that is where I picked up my car and have had my one service visit.

That does not sound reasonable. Ask them to valet the car at no charge. If they say no, tell them you'll be happy to drop it off at Lawrence, and they can do the work wherever they want.

That does not sound reasonable. Ask them to valet the car at no charge. If they say no, tell them you'll be happy to drop it off at Lawrence, and they can do the work wherever they want.
Well they did come to valet the car from my workplace so it didn't really matter to me where it was done, it just seemed strange to me. I got a loaner that I drove down to the parking garage and then drove back up a few hours later.

That's kind of crummy as I'm >40km from Oakville! But I guess I can demand they send a ranger since I've paid for an anywhere service plan. :)

Good sign for Calgary, Tesla Motors is hiring a store manager for their Chinook pop-up store.
http://www.teslamotors.com/careers/job/store-manager-calgary-31985
Good to see, I look forward to it expanding to a full store. Currently it's a car parked in the middle of the mall with a couple Tesla employees there on friday evenings and on the weekend, otherwise unmanned.

But they will pass a milestone this afternoon when they do their first chinook centre MS delivery! (me!!!)

Reactions: derekasch
Good to see, I look forward to it expanding to a full store. Currently it's a car parked in the middle of the mall with a couple Tesla employees there on friday evenings and on the weekend, otherwise unmanned.

But they will pass a milestone this afternoon when they do their first chinook centre MS delivery! (me!!!)
Mazeltov.

visited the Vancouver Powell St SC today for trade-in inspection. coincidentally my 70D arrived on a truck last night so I got a peek at it (photo, centre) before next week's actual delivery.
DSC07170.jpg

chatting with my DS - I was surprised to learn that this location handles deliveries for all western Canada - that explains the 2 truckloads of MS that I was told arrived yesterday - I saw at least 25 or so MS in the parking lot, it seems most of the cars I saw are destined for out of town & province. Meanwhile I've been by the new store/SC location at Fir & 4th Ave - building exterior is complete but interior not finished, just a bunch of Tesla posters adorning the windows for now. I hear the new Fir/4th location should open this coming spring - the current Powell SC will remain for most deliveries & related prep.

Change in Monteral Valet Service Fees

Great news from Montreal Service (relayed from another Ottawa owner):

In recent months, Montreal Service switched from the flat $100 per visit to a $3/km rate, resulting in bills for Ottawa owners approaching $600 per visit. Needless to say this had raised a bit of a ruckus in the local Tesla club.

Well it seems they have changed their minds. Montreal is once again charging the $100 flat rate fee for Valet service.