Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Stores and Service Centers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was taking advantage of the mild weather to wash my car today, when I got into an interesting conversation with a fellow washing his in the stall beside me. It seems he works for a firm that is involved in building the Oakville Service Centre for Tesla. He says that the location will be at 227 Wyecroft Road. I have nothing else to substantiate this other than his statement, but he was very matter of fact about it, rattled off the address immediately, and didn't otherwise seem misleading, so there you go, for what it's worth!

That makes sense - it is just slightly SE of Dorval & QEW. I wonder if they will have Superchargers there as well?
Last time I was at Tranmere, the Tesla guy there said they are pushing Tesla corporate hard to have superchargers at the new service centre. He said they are essential for a service location, although I never really understood why they leave my car plugged in and charging all day when it's in for service. I can see them wanting to test UMC and supercharger charging when they do a "checkup" of a car, but I don't see a full charge as a necessary part of a service visit. As for new car deliveries, wouldn't they be charged to 80% or so at the factory?

Anyway, whatever the reasons, Tesla people are pushing for superchargers.

I would certainly want an SC at the Service Center. Even if a new car is charged to 80% at the factory - how much will be left by the time it gets to the consumer, especially in Canada. If I remember correctly my car was in transit for close to a month - it would be a drag to get a new Tesla and have to go home to charge immediately. And some folks may not have their home charger functional immediately when they get their car. And then what about folks that live a long distance from the Service Center.

And think of some of the maintenance issues. Apparently you are supposed to drain your battery before going in for the Ludicrous upgrade. If the SC didn't have a SC then you would be getting back your car with very little SOC, which would suck since the first thing you would want to do is to try an insane launch.

Also how many more service centres will be needed to facilitate the model 3? Although it will probably be 2019 before we see the impact of model 3 on the service centres I hope tesla is being mindful given the current wait times.
And I wonder if they will differentiate the service between the Model 3 and the Model S/X. Certainly Lexus owners get a higher level of service than Toyota owners - I know this from experience as I used to take my Lexus to a joint Toyota/Lexus dealer.

Can Tesla afford to give Model 3 owners the high touch service that we currently get? And I won't be happy if the server levels go down to a LCD.

And I wonder if they will differentiate the service between the Model 3 and the Model S/X. Certainly Lexus owners get a higher level of service than Toyota owners - I know this from experience as I used to take my Lexus to a joint Toyota/Lexus dealer.

Can Tesla afford to give Model 3 owners the high touch service that we currently get? And I won't be happy if the server levels go down to a LCD.

Being that it's Sunday and all, that statement just reminded me of the Parable of the Generous Employer (Parable of the Workers in the Vineyard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

If they can afford to do it, that would be fantastic - it sounds like something a manufacturer of "Premium Electric Vehicles" would strive to do. If not, be gracious that you've been able to reap the benefits of that service level while you could. They're already winding down some of the service levels (Tesla quietly raises prices, removes transferability from service options | The Verge).

I'm pretty fortunate to live in the same city as a Tesla Store, and by the time the 3 comes out, there *should* be a service centre. They're working on it, but in this day and age, nothing is fast enough.

Ottawa Store coming soon (how soon or better, when is the SC?)
Ottawa | Tesla Motors Canada
Nobody outside of Tesla knows. We have heard rumours of a service centre this year, but then there have been rumours of a service centre "in a few months" for about 3 years. As for a supercharger, it's on Tesla's 2016 map, but again, nothing is for sure until construction starts.

And that point on the map is just a random spot in Ottawa so that they have a place to attach a phone number and a "Coming Soon" label to. It won't be there.

- - - Updated - - -

Hm, just saw that article. I think the reporter is misreading the dot on Tesla's map. Tesla has often put dots at random places in a "city centre" just as a placeholder.

Fact check?

1) The location on the map is in fact The World Exchange Plaza not Capital Hill Hotel & Suites, which is on the kitty corner (opposite quadrant diagonally from the other)
2) Charging stations at the Brookstreet Hotel in Kanata and at The Canada Aviation & Space Museum have been open for a while.

These errors cast doubt on the rest of the articles' facts.

Opening a non-service centre in Ottawa may help the political cause but does little for the +/-100 current owners.

Fact check?

1) The location on the map is in fact The World Exchange Plaza not Capital Hill Hotel & Suites, which is on the kitty corner (opposite quadrant diagonally from the other)
2) Charging stations at the Brookstreet Hotel in Kanata and at The Canada Aviation & Space Museum have been open for a while.

These errors cast doubt on the rest of the articles' facts.

Opening a non-service centre in Ottawa may help the political cause but does little for the +/-100 current owners.

I feel the same about the recent store opening in Calgary. It's great that all the prospective owners no longer have to travel all the way to Vancouver to test drive and configure cars, but what about the current owners in the same region who are without any service options aside from the now-ridiculously-overpriced Ranger service. We don't need more stores. 95% of their function can be performed on the Tesla website. We need service centers that can actually repair cars!

I feel the same about the recent store opening in Calgary. It's great that all the prospective owners no longer have to travel all the way to Vancouver to test drive and configure cars, but what about the current owners in the same region who are without any service options aside from the now-ridiculously-overpriced Ranger service. We don't need more stores. 95% of their function can be performed on the Tesla website. We need service centers that can actually repair cars!

Agree fully, especially as I use Toronto for our repairs.

I'd just ignore this article. They didn't get any real info from Tesla; it's all based on a dot on Tesla's map. I think we will see a full-size sales and service location in Ottawa, with superchargers at least for Tesla's use, maybe for our use too, like in Toronto (hopefully not like in Montreal). The big question is when. Totally guessing, but I'd say mid-2017.