Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Stores and Service Centers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One trip to the Lawrence street service location is enough to see that Tesla is not going to be able to handle all the service requirements for all the new cars not to mention Model 3. Oakville will help but they would need at least one or two more to handle the GTA alone (yes, I know about Mississausage)

My dealings with staff so far has been great but yes, it's obvious they're overworked and understaffed.
I just booked first available appt....December 20th!

This is what really worries me as a future Tesla owner...I can't imagine how things will be with 100's or 1000's of new owners in the GTA in a year+ just from model 3 never mind the S and X that continue to sell well.

I'd love to see plans for service centres north of the Toronto to avoid all the usual DVP traffic plus stay more local. I'll know when time to order how it looks so they have time to still improve the situation but it should have started yesterday from the sounds of it for existing owners.

Reactions: TooManyAirMiles
I have had similar problems...I called in July to have a service appointment for end of September (the earliest). The service levels definitely not the same. I had requested a loaner (drop off car the day before) and they said "ok". I got there, and there was no loaner and one of the Service reps asked if I was ok with a Pick Up truck :)...lol....I said "no"....they quickly found me another Model S as a loaner.

Then the next day they said there was a back up in service and needed my car for one more day. This was not the first time this happened.

I just find that the service has degraded over time. Before, when it was less busy, they would go above and beyond the duty (wash the car, ask if everything was good, repair/replace anything that was a problem).

I hate to say this....but I am actually thinking of going back to a European car....we pay so much for this car and the tech that goes with it, but I am worried if service centers don't start popping it, they will start loosing customers.

Thoughts and your experience?

e4

I couldn't get the Mississauga SC to answer the phone or my emails so I had to drive in to book a service appointment.

Being busy is one thing but not being able to answer an email for multiple weeks speaks of complete chaos and lack of leadership.

I have done the same thing, but fortunately I'm only a few kms from the Ambassador Rd. site.They are just slammed with work, and I feel sorry for the guys working there. If they do close this site when Oakville opens (and effectively add no capacity in the GTA) it's going to be a catastrophe.

Before you decide to go back to an ICE, remember what an absolute crappy experience driving an ICE is...I just took my Model S into the body shop for some minor front end repairs...my rental is a Mercedes S class...everything about it that is important to me is crapolla compared to my Model S imo...:(

I have had similar problems...I called in July to have a service appointment for end of September (the earliest). The service levels definitely not the same. I had requested a loaner (drop off car the day before) and they said "ok". I got there, and there was no loaner and one of the Service reps asked if I was ok with a Pick Up truck :)...lol....I said "no"....they quickly found me another Model S as a loaner.

Then the next day they said there was a back up in service and needed my car for one more day. This was not the first time this happened.

I just find that the service has degraded over time. Before, when it was less busy, they would go above and beyond the duty (wash the car, ask if everything was good, repair/replace anything that was a problem).

I hate to say this....but I am actually thinking of going back to a European car....we pay so much for this car and the tech that goes with it, but I am worried if service centers don't start popping it, they will start loosing customers.

Thoughts and your experience?

e4

I just booked first available appt....December 20th!
I know they are busy but they were extremely helpful during my second year service on Monday/Tuesday. I notcied that the service staff had doubled over the number of service staff who were present during my first annual service.

I also a Mercedes to use while the car was being serviced and boy I will never buy one after driving my S

Reactions: Falkirk
It took the Montreal service center four tries to fix my steering clunk issues. If they're swamped, rushing the work isn't helping them. I hope they address your concerns. Their business depends on good costumer service if they want to sell model III beyond the initial reservations. I'd escalate up the chain.
I gave up on Montreal SC ! I just came back from Dedham around Boston and boy was it different ! They fixed every single issues that bother me ! They even had to redo repair mtl botched (Which I'm not surprised... They don't even realligned your headlight when they replace them !). I got a very low view of Mtl team right now and I'm not seeing anything improving. Which suck because it the last thing I want to tell people that Tesla service is poor which I knew some people I talked to decided to not buy a Tesla because of it ! You know, I kinda wish Tesla had dealership and another dealership opened in Montreal managed by different people so I could send them to that one !

Though Dedham service was better, they still rushed though 2 items a little bit (out of 20), which one of them are annoying to fix... But at least they took action !!! I'm left with some small adjustment for wind noise, and rattle, which they could check for next week, but I decided to let the Montreal team a chance... Well it not starting well... appointment in Montreal is for December 5, 4 full week ! And that with me saving them 2 day of work on my car in the first place ;)

Anyway, I'll probably write a details review of my service experience in Montréal and the different of the service I got from the USA.

• Informative
Reactions: lukex4
Wow! Good to know service is top notch elsewhere. Hopefully Montreal will pick up their game a little. I definitely think we need several more service centers around Montreal not to mention Quebec City and Ottawa. They need to spool up before model 3 arrives in about a year. Thanks for the quick review. It might make it worthwhile to take a little trip to Boston before the warranty runs out.

Wow! Good to know service is top notch elsewhere. Hopefully Montreal will pick up their game a little. I definitely think we need several more service centers around Montreal not to mention Quebec City and Ottawa. They need to spool up before model 3 arrives in about a year. Thanks for the quick review. It might make it worthwhile to take a little trip to Boston before the warranty runs out.
You should ! And take all the items that Montreal service might have told you that it 'normal' to Boston service center ! It probably going to end up not being normal ! My car was vibrating when breaking and having no brake issue since my first winter. I asked mtl service twice to check it but told it was normal without checking it... I nearly had an accident and at that point told them to freaking check it ! My car didn't had the winter shield upgrade (that they know about) ! So they played with my safety ! Now normally if there is lot of rust at the middle center of the disk (which mine did), they are supposed to replace them, but they didn't... I'm not even sure if they check if I had the right upgraded pad neither as that was not in the upgrade list ! Anyway, car total lost of braking disapear (Weee!), but I still had a vibration... Again, being told it was normal. At time, the car would shake a lot (worst than going over the safety warning bump on the side of the highway) but occur maybe once every few weeks). The previous manager told me they would replace my pad at my next annual... Annual pass, and they didn't replaced anything, and when asked they said it was fine again !!!

In Boston, it was the first time that I want and did a test drive with a Mechanic (I don't recall ever being offered doing that in Montreal), which notice the issue right away and knew what had to be be replaced. Everything I mentioned (which some of them I mentioned since the first few month of ownership a the Montreal service center), he acknowledge and took action !

There is little thing that not really important, like my passenger side carpet falling over all the time... I mentioned quite a few time in Montréal, and I think they slipped that a replacement carpet was produce to fix this issue, but never replaced it.

It just mentioned it to Boston and even said it wasn't a big deal, that I would add a velcro in the back... Well you know what, they changed it !

You know, it something basic, but when you spend 100k$ on a prototype car (yes, even in 2014 when my car was build I consider prototype and they were still learning), I expect that they do fix issues like this when mentioned.

But the attitude I get from Montreal team is like, suck to be you to not have waiting for us to make better car, live with it now ! They are trying to get me to buy a new car because they are better built now ! I'm like WTF ! Just fix mine or swap !

I was participating to all the event that I could help promote Tesla ! For example at Branchez Vous, last year, one of my door handle stop working about 5 day before the event where I would let hundred of people to drive my car ! Contacted the service, and they wouldn't hear it, it would take over 2 week to get it looked at ! I'm like WTF again ! Contacted the sale guy, and told him that, I think the next day I got called to get my door handle fixed !

I got 3 of my door handle replaced now under warranty... Would they have replaced the forth door handle in prevision of it failing ? Nope ! I asked Boston service center if I have 3 door handle that fail, would they replaced the last one right away, they said yes ! Because that is the RIGHT THING TO DO !

Ok, I need to relax... The Mtl experience wound is still fresh and hurting, and I'm sadly having the feeling that it not over ! Though my warranty is over in under 1000km now ! So I'll be left doing my own repair from now on !

• Informative
Reactions: lukex4
I don't see how the current service infrastructure can handle the volume of cars in next year. Even today Toronto bookings is like a month away. I got a broken door handle and the earliest accommodation is almost a month away. They tried their best but simply is no spot available. I used to say a big plus of Tesla is the service but now this may be the reason I need to go for something else like a Bolt :(. The techs and the folks are great but the resources to service is simply not sufficient even for today's volume. Hopefully this will improve soon.

I got a broken door handle and the earliest accommodation is almost a month away

My experience is that a significant issue that prevents use of the car is treated seriously and they will fit in an appointment for such.

Example : Lost heater function one year ago, right as winter was kicking in, phoned on Sunday, brought in for Monday, picked up car same day.

I did notice Lawrence Ave service center was packed on Friday when I came in for an appointment I waited 7 weeks for, just a routine maintenance, but they were unloading dozens of sets of tires off a truck into a shipping container beside the building.

(Strongly held) Opinion : If owners would just handle routine stuff like tires at KalTire like I do, perhaps Tesla would have less pressure on the service centers.

My experience is that a significant issue that prevents use of the car is treated seriously and they will fit in an appointment for such.

+1, my experience as well.

example. I emailed my local service advisor directly on Oct 25 to ask how far in advance they were taking bookings for annual service, since I had heard the SCs get booked up and hard to get an appointment sometimes. I got a reply saying they were taking appointments already for the 3rd week of Nov - not as long a wait as I heard rumoured (I think opening the new SC here on Fir/4th has helped). Then coincidentally on Oct 26 evening as I was driving home my rear drive unit failed(!) I phoned service and they took my car in the next day. Repair took a couple business days, and I had a loaner entire time they had my car.

Reactions: SmartElectric
I agree with comments that important issues are handled fast. I had a control arm that was squeaking loudly, so an obvious potential risk and they told me to get it in the next day, returned my car within 24 hours. My S85 is also approaching 80,000 km soon so I wanted to get my 4th annual service appointment in before the odometer rolled over that critical number. I just booked it (back in October) for January, but I'll be absolutely sure to double check they have me confirmed, and confirmed for a loaner.

Side note - I have a nail in one of my all season tires (found it as I was changing over to winter tires myself). I need to get the tire plugged, and don't want to bother Tesla to do it. Is Canadian Tire trustable for this kind of thing?

I would take it to Kal Tire

I agree with comments that important issues are handled fast. I had a control arm that was squeaking loudly, so an obvious potential risk and they told me to get it in the next day, returned my car within 24 hours. My S85 is also approaching 80,000 km soon so I wanted to get my 4th annual service appointment in before the odometer rolled over that critical number. I just booked it (back in October) for January, but I'll be absolutely sure to double check they have me confirmed, and confirmed for a loaner.

Side note - I have a nail in one of my all season tires (found it as I was changing over to winter tires myself). I need to get the tire plugged, and don't want to bother Tesla to do it. Is Canadian Tire trustable for this kind of thing?

Reactions: SmartElectric