Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Stores and Service Centers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla put Superchargers at their service centers because it was easy to negotiate. Then they discovered that there are downsides to it - distractions for staff, not close to amenities, competition for charge spots, etc. So they have started not putting them at the service centers (at least not public ones - there are often indoor ones).

Reactions: TrevTremaine
For Calgarians, the location of the new Service Centre is not really a secret anymore. There is a company called Sabre on Fairmont Drive. I believe Tesla will only have posession in January but they seem confident in a fairly quick turnaround once they have possession. Not firm dates communicated but it seems that March might not be unrealistic (IMHO). I have also heard that there will not be public SuperChargers at this location though they may have a Supercharger for Service Centre usage.

Just heard what I will call a "credible rumour" that the Ottawa service center may actually be in the works. Anybody else hear anything?

Heard something back in November from Tesla Montreal that we should get something in a few seasons and that they're working really hard on it. It came up when talking about a tire change event in the spring and the ranger service. Sounds like they lose a lot of productivity each time they have to send out a ranger, putting more pressure on expansion.

For Calgarians, the location of the new Service Centre is not really a secret anymore. There is a company called Sabre on Fairmont Drive. I believe Tesla will only have posession in January but they seem confident in a fairly quick turnaround once they have possession. Not firm dates communicated but it seems that March might not be unrealistic (IMHO). I have also heard that there will not be public SuperChargers at this location though they may have a Supercharger for Service Centre usage.

So, it looks like this location, which is 6719 Fairmount Dr SE. Pretty good location to get in and out of. The building looks a bit old, though. If they get possession in January, I would doubt a two month turn around. I'm thinking May/June at the earliest.

Now, to find the Calgary SC location...

I dropped by the Oakville location to take a look. There were quite a few people in the front section finishing up the showroom, so I didn't take a photo (so as not to disturb them). Desks, stools, TV, etc are in place. The back service bays (facing the 403) has a bit more work done. There are still just 3 hoists installed. There seems to be some permanent fencing up. Some HPWC's are installed on one wall inside the building. I don't see any rough-ins for superchargers, but there are plenty of parking spots in their lot which could accommodate it.

Front (facing Wycroft Rd.) "showroom side": IMG_3219s.jpg

Back (facing 403) "service bay side": IMG_3220s.jpg

View inside service bays.: IMG_3221s.jpg
(a few HPWC's along the right hand wall)

Can't wait for this location to be opened. It's just a few minutes from work, between home, so it's super convenient for me! :)

Last edited:
So, it looks like this location, which is 6719 Fairmount Dr SE. Pretty good location to get in and out of. The building looks a bit old, though. If they get possession in January, I would doubt a two month turn around. I'm thinking May/June at the earliest.

Now, to find the Calgary SC location...
The Calgary retail store went up in about a week! They parachute a team of contractors in and bang it out quick. It's possible they do the same thing with the service centre. It's a huge building too which will be great as they should be able to handle a lot of volume.

After reading this thread I drove by and saw the Oakville location yesterday. So, is this a showroom AND service centre? I though it was just the latter. If it is a showroom, that's GREAT news and it will be a BIG step up from the one in Yorkdale Mall. I did a Model X test-drive there a couple of months ago, and it's definitely a tough area to demo the cars if you want to get a feel for it in anything less than dense urban traffic.

• Helpful
Reactions: Falkirk