Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Stores and Service Centers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a news story from earlier today that Kelowna Hyundai is moving to their new location on June 21. Hopefully Tesla is still on track to move into the soon-to-be former Hyundai site.
I asked my mobile technician about the kelowna service center on May 3rd. He told me that the deal to move into the Hyundai building did not work out. Hard to say if his knowledge would be reliable or not, but thought I would pass on the info!

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9 and MacNeil
Hey guys,
It has been a while since I have gone inside a Tesla dealership (Lawerence avenue) since I got my MS years ago. We got notified that our new MX is arriving soon (Dad's car) and it is unbelievable how terrible the customer service is at the stores. They treat you like garbage and are unwilling to make any accommodations of any sort with regarding to delivery times. While it is totally ok for them to push back delivery times by over a year, they give you a couple of weeks notice and are unwilling to accommodate even under emergency travel situations. How has other's experience here been? I never ran into that issue with my own MS in 2017, but I didn't have a similar situation. Tesla don't give a crap about why/what is happening and all they care about is getting that car off their lot. Moreover, it is truly disappointing how most of the staff are either gone/unavailable and the remaining people treat you like you are getting a car for free even when it is supposed to be their "higher end" models. Is this normal for your purchasing experience nowadays? Honestly, they are doing a great job in pushing people away just because they have a backlog of orders for now.
V

Hey guys,
It has been a while since I have gone inside a Tesla dealership (Lawerence avenue) since I got my MS years ago. We got notified that our new MX is arriving soon (Dad's car) and it is unbelievable how terrible the customer service is at the stores. They treat you like garbage and are unwilling to make any accommodations of any sort with regarding to delivery times. While it is totally ok for them to push back delivery times by over a year, they give you a couple of weeks notice and are unwilling to accommodate even under emergency travel situations. How has other's experience here been? I never ran into that issue with my own MS in 2017, but I didn't have a similar situation. Tesla don't give a crap about why/what is happening and all they care about is getting that car off their lot. Moreover, it is truly disappointing how most of the staff are either gone/unavailable and the remaining people treat you like you are getting a car for free even when it is supposed to be their "higher end" models. Is this normal for your purchasing experience nowadays? Honestly, they are doing a great job in pushing people away just because they have a backlog of orders for now.
V
Is it normal? I would say no. Our delivery experience was top notch. Super smooth and very accomodating. Sorry to hear it went bad for you.

Hey guys,
V
Mixed bag - overall, the experience wasn't bad. Those picking up an S or X will get some preferential treatment (especially compared to 3/Ys), with dedicated personnel to help setup and ask questions of. No push to get you out the door either, but for me it was roughly 30 minutes start to finish. What was lacking was initial contact for personnel assignment - no texts, calls or email to indicate who I would be dealing with. That was supposed to happen a couple of days in advance and would have been better to ensure that everything necessary was complete and prepared which would have made the whole process smoother.

I do agree that the 3 day window to accept delivery is ridiculous, but if you have a decent SA you might get a little flexibility in that realm. This is one policy process that Tesla needs to get rid of. It's unnecessary, adds stress and will eventually make customers look elsewhere (I know I am).

So far as staffing goes - just hope like hell it isn't during a quarter end rush. Staffing issues aren't limited to Tesla. I'm seeing the same problem almost every place I go into. That said, it used to be that if you called Lawrence, you could get a hold of a person - now it's a callback with someone who I think is in a call centre and it can take a few calls to get things straight (again - unnecessary complexity that was better before).

As others have said, since you get the time to look over the vehicle, do so and make sure you document the issues you've got - as much as you can before you leave.

The problem is we still do not have a service advisor or anyone. Literally no communication or anything from Tesla. When I asked for the VIN, she said (Shabnam Safaei) said a VIN was assigned and we had previously already rejected delivery. I told her we never got any notification until last week. We are unable to see any VIN on the account either. She just went "I don't know...it is supposed to be on there.. Your Dad just don't know where to look." When my Dad responded to their text asking that we can try to better plan if we have a better estimate than a 10 day period, the person she was super rude and just said "As I explained to you and your son multiple times, the date will be texted to you." Literally no common courtesy or anything and no one really to even talk and discuss the matter with.

Attention Victoria BC and Vancouver islanders. Today I saw a crew putting brand new Tesla signage on the old inaMotors car lot on Douglas and Queens as I predicted a while back now as a temporary service centre for the island. Finally happening.
Thanks for the update. I was meaning to drive by there and see if anything was happening yet. I wonder if they will deliver cars from there or is it just for service until the Langford one is complete?

The problem is we still do not have a service advisor or anyone. Literally no communication or anything from Tesla. When I asked for the VIN, she said (Shabnam Safaei) said a VIN was assigned and we had previously already rejected delivery. I told her we never got any notification until last week. We are unable to see any VIN on the account either. She just went "I don't know...it is supposed to be on there.. Your Dad just don't know where to look." When my Dad responded to their text asking that we can try to better plan if we have a better estimate than a 10 day period, the person she was super rude and just said "As I explained to you and your son multiple times, the date will be texted to you." Literally no common courtesy or anything and no one really to even talk and discuss the matter with.
So, when I asked my Sales Advisor (not the Service Advisor who is supposed to do the delivery), they did have a VIN which they emailed to me shortly thereafter. It helped to get the ball rolling for things such as insurance. It literally took weeks after that until the VIN showed up on my account - only a few days before the delivery actually happened.

As I said, I never heard from the Service Advisor prior to delivery even though they're supposed to contact you a day or 2 in advance. On delivery day, I just walked in, was directed to the Service Team and it went from there. Her response to you isn't helpful - ask to speak to her manager. If necessary, go to the delivery location.

Re: new temporary Tesla location in Victoria at Douglas and Queens. It’s going to be a sales/new car pick up location and they’re going to get 250 cars delivered there for the island as soon as it opens. Source was the mobile service technician.
Awesome. Maybe I’ll wait till they open, switch to MYP and take delivery. Or maybe they can prioritize my LR just to give the employees more experience with deliveries 😁

Have you heard a date for opening?

Went past the new temporary location on Douglas street in Victoria BC today and they had about 20 cars on the lot.
Thanks for the update.
Do you know if they are open? I'd like to stop by as my EDD is improving by a month every week for the past 2 weeks. Just improved 5 weeks this morning.
I need to figure out how to switch my delivery to Victoria and not Vancouver.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update.
Do you know if they are open? I'd like to stop by as my EDD is improving by a month every week for the past 2 weeks. Just improved 5 weeks this morning.
I need to figure out how to switch my delivery to Victoria and not Vancouver.
Sorry, I don’t know when opening day is going to be. Have you been in touch with anyone from the Tesla sales team yet and have you got some sort of contact person there? That’s where I’d start with getting the delivery location changed.