Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As a first SC in the Montreal-Toronto corridor it wouldn't make sense from Tesla:

Montreal Cornwall = 116 km
Cornwall - Toronto = +/- 435 km (not enough, by experience, to make it with one full charge, especially if it's raining or if the pavement is wet... worse when the snow will be there)

The Kingston has to be the one:

Montreal - Kingston = 288 km
Kingston - Toronto = +/- 262 km

My two cents that Kingston will be the next after Squa & Drummondville

I fully agree with your reasoning on what would be most useful. However, I still put my bet on Cornwall first!

As a first SC in the Montreal-Toronto corridor it wouldn't make sense from Tesla:

Montreal Cornwall = 116 km
Cornwall - Toronto = +/- 435 km (not enough, by experience, to make it with one full charge, especially if it's raining or if the pavement is wet... worse when the snow will be there)

The Kingston has to be the one:

Montreal - Kingston = 288 km
Kingston - Toronto = +/- 262 km

My two cents that Kingston will be the next after Squa & Drummondville

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not very likely to be Kingston any time soon. Proposed location is in the outdoor mall expansion which still has a couple months before it takes any kind of shape.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405011818.519035.jpg

I visited the Tesla Store in Vancouver about 2 months ago. Unfortunately I did not have time for a test drive.
Just got a call today from the pleasant lady I spoke with there.
She told me that they are pushing forward with the Red Deer Supercharger and hope to have it completed by Labour Day (September 1) this year.

I was at the Toronto East service center yesterday (just to buy a NEMA 14-30 adapter). I didn't see any evidence of supercharger work happening, but they did tell me (3 weeks ago) that it was definitely the site for the coming Toronto SC station.

I was hoping to see progress evidence. No such luck. If anyone is in there over the next few weeks please do post an update. I really hope Elon is providing an accurate outlook on Canadian sites this time around.

I was at the Toronto East service center yesterday (just to buy a NEMA 14-30 adapter). I didn't see any evidence of supercharger work happening, but they did tell me (3 weeks ago) that it was definitely the site for the coming Toronto SC station.

I was hoping to see progress evidence. No such luck. If anyone is in there over the next few weeks please do post an update. I really hope Elon is providing an accurate outlook on Canadian sites this time around.

I was there last weekend. I was told a head/lead SuperCharger engineer was there recently scoping out and measuring the site. They are going along the fence across from the service centre entrance door (6 or 8 spots / 3 or 4 stalls/podiums).

But no, no visible work being performed.

I drove through Squamish this afternoon, won't both posting my pics, but the guy working said that there must have been at least 30 Tesla Owners who have stopped and taken pictures. I asked if he was moving to Hope next, he said it wasn't confirmed but that the crew was really hoping to.

It is looking really good, and it is a good location with lots of food/shopping options a very short walk away. I might have to come to Whistler more often...

Status
Not open for further replies.