Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Changes in the last few days, probably today:

• Brockville, Belleville and Chatham have dropped off the 2014 and 2015 maps
  • One station West of Calgary was replaced with two
  • The one between Calgary and Edmonton moved from the 2015 map to the 2014 map

For me, my main route is Ottawa-Toronto, so as long as Kingston is done soon, I can do without Brockville and Belleville until Kingston starts to get crowded. It looks like they have re-prioritized to get coverage and reachability first before adding more on routes where you can make it from one Supercharger to the next.

Changes in the last few days, probably today:

• Brockville, Belleville and Chatham have dropped off the 2014 and 2015 maps
  • One station West of Calgary was replaced with two
  • The one between Calgary and Edmonton moved from the 2015 map to the 2014 map

For me, my main route is Ottawa-Toronto, so as long as Kingston is done soon, I can do without Brockville and Belleville until Kingston starts to get crowded. It looks like they have re-prioritized to get coverage and reachability first before adding more on routes where you can make it from one Supercharger to the next.

What's odd is that the post from Tesla announcing the Squamish SC still shows the Chatham SC in the picture. I hope that doesn't go away, as it will help with trips to Detroit / Windsor.

Hmm... the dot on the 417 is looking awfully close to Ottawa. That's not going to be very useful. It would make rather more sense to put it at the midpoint between Montreal and Ottawa, rather than 1/4 of the way there.

Right now day trips to Montreal are very difficult. There are lots of chargers in Montreal, but all but two are fairly useless "30A" stations delivering only 24A. The only two higher power stations are (a) inconveniently located, and (b) both deliver only about 50A (the CS-90 at Boucherville is crippled by Tesla's flawed algorithm that backs down the charging current).

Putting the charger that close to Ottawa might be handy for Montreal owners visiting Ottawa, but it will be pretty useless for Ottawa owners visiting Montreal. And Ottawa already has a lot more higher power Level II stations.

Who will be the first to use it? Post a pic here to be forever immortalized! 

Lola (don't touch her) should be out of the shop in Calgary early next week, so tentatively planning to head West to Squamish before heading back East to Saskatchewan. Time to re-read the Vancouver-to-Alberta trip thread, I guess.

...the CS-90 at Boucherville is crippled by Tesla's flawed algorithm that backs down the charging current.

What firmware are you on, Doug? If you're on v5.9, is there a chance this could be remedied in v5.11?

Hmm... the dot on the 417 is looking awfully close to Ottawa. That's not going to be very useful. It would make rather more sense to put it at the midpoint between Montreal and Ottawa

If they cannot find a suitable midpoint on 417, maybe they should consider the 50. Except, the NAV system doesn't think 50's complete and suggests some ridiculous reroutes if you take that path between Laval and Gatineau/Ottawa.

Hmm... the dot on the 417 is looking awfully close to Ottawa. That's not going to be very useful. It would make rather more sense to put it at the midpoint between Montreal and Ottawa, rather than 1/4 of the way there.

Right now day trips to Montreal are very difficult. There are lots of chargers in Montreal, but all but two are fairly useless "30A" stations delivering only 24A. The only two higher power stations are (a) inconveniently located, and (b) both deliver only about 50A (the CS-90 at Boucherville is crippled by Tesla's flawed algorithm that backs down the charging current).

Putting the charger that close to Ottawa might be handy for Montreal owners visiting Ottawa, but it will be pretty useless for Ottawa owners visiting Montreal. And Ottawa already has a lot more higher power Level II stations.

The dot is placed on the 417 between Casselman and St-Isidore... this could be the junction of 417 and road 138 (road from Cornwall to the 417)... I would be happy to have one there as it's only 45 km from home... But Kingston SC is a priority for sure for the MTL-TOR corridor...

... I would be happy to have one there as it's only 45 km from home....

I'm not sure I understand why this would be a good thing. There's been lots of talk in the Florida section about a Supercharger that will be 40 miles from me, but as much as I've thought about it there's hardly any scenario I can think of where it would be really useful to me.

(Forgive a Floridian asking questions in the Canada section....we have lots of Canadians in Florida also! ;-))

I'm not sure I understand why this would be a good thing. There's been lots of talk in the Florida section about a Supercharger that will be 40 miles from me, but as much as I've thought about it there's hardly any scenario I can think of where it would be really useful to me.

(Forgive a Floridian asking questions in the Canada section....we have lots of Canadians in Florida also! ;-))

Actually I'm one of the Canadians in Florida ;) BTW, I will ship Tesla on transporter in mid-december from Plattsburgh to my Fort Lauderdale place for holidays... why not bringing her with me?! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.