Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
3rd or 4th quarter now is it?
i was told that they would be installed originally by February, then early spring.
With Tesla's interests clearly setting up Norway, Europe and China, I don't believe we will EVER see a Supercharger in Canada, at least not for a long long time.
Canada appears irrelevant to Tesla.

Not so.

Kingston will be open within months. As well, I've been dealing directly with VP of Tesla Jerome Guillen. He told me that supercharger rollout in Eastern Canada is a top priority and that things will be looked after very shortly.

We'll get there!
A.

Got permission from a contact in Kingston to report that the Tesla Supercharger will be located at Division Street near the 401. It's expected to be opened within the next two months.

Very much looking forward to it!

This is great news!

So do fellow Montrealers and Torontonians feel like just the one supercharger in Kingston will be good enough to make the Montreal<->Toronto drive possible? In summer, I don't see it being an issue (longest leg is about 280km) but in winter, I'm not sure I'd want to risk that...

I expect there will be one put in (at the same time?) near the 416, so there shouldn't be much to worry about.

Again - Jerome made a point of telling me that superchargers were a top priority for Eastern Canada. My hunch is that they will all open close to the same time.

This is great news!

So do fellow Montrealers and Torontonians feel like just the one supercharger in Kingston will be good enough to make the Montreal<->Toronto drive possible? In summer, I don't see it being an issue (longest leg is about 280km) but in winter, I'm not sure I'd want to risk that...

Yes it would enable Toronto - Montreal travel, but...

It's about equidistant between the two points, and I've done the Kingston-Toronto leg in one go, in winter. But you gotta really take it easy and charge close to 100% - that's pushing the range in winter.

Having several Superchargers along the corridor would make it easy.

Got permission from a contact in Kingston to report that the Tesla Supercharger will be located at Division Street near the 401. It's expected to be opened within the next two months.

Very much looking forward to it!

That's the location I was hoping for, as there is a mandatory stop for us at the Puma outlet. ;)

Crossing my fingers that this will be up by first week of April. We have a wedding to go to in Toronto and without Superchargers the family prefers to take the ICE on the longer road trips.

Looking forward to any scouting updates!

If it's not open by April, feel free to drop over for a charge and a drink here in Campbellford at my HPWC.
I can host whomever you're brining with you and get you topped up for the journey.

I'll send any and all updates on Kingston as I get them, and will pop over and shoot some photos once the ground is broken.

That's the location I was hoping for, as there is a mandatory stop for us at the Puma outlet. ;)

Crossing my fingers that this will be up by first week of April. We have a wedding to go to in Toronto and without Superchargers the family prefers to take the ICE on the longer road trips.

Looking forward to any scouting updates!

- - - Updated - - -

A supercharger between Toronto and Kingston would be very useful for Haliburton and the Kawarthas.

Peterborough area would seem a good fit. Would allow a trip from Ottawa to Toronto via Peterborough, for those that choose to take that route, and be fairly central for cottage country near the Kawarthas.

So do fellow Montrealers and Torontonians feel like just the one supercharger in Kingston will be good enough to make the Montreal<->Toronto drive possible?

No, Kingston is poor choice, and not useful for a 60. Belleville and Brockville are the better choices. I think putting it in Kingston proves that the 401 is not a priority. Hopefully they will come back in 2017 or later and add more SpC between Toronto and Montreal.

No, Kingston is poor choice, and not useful for a 60. Belleville and Brockville are the better choices. I think putting it in Kingston proves that the 401 is not a priority. Hopefully they will come back in 2017 or later and add more SpC between Toronto and Montreal.

I guess you haven't looked at the Supercharger map for 2014?

401.png

It may be a little longer, but you could always drive via 417/416 through Ottawa. There will be a Supercharger on the Ottawa/Montreal route, and from there you will be able to get to Kingston.

Actually, if I had a 60 I wouldn't go down the 416. I'd get off and go down County Road 10 (Perth Road). It will come out in Kingston right at the Supercharger, and the speed limits are lower and the route is a lot shorter so you'll use much less energy (it's what I do now without Superchargers). It's so much shorter that it takes the same amount of time!

Last edited:
I guess you haven't looked at the Supercharger map for 2014?

The red dots on the map are at Belleville and Brockville, not Kingston. So if they are building one at Kingston, then the map doesn't have much predictive value.

Also, while the one near Ottawa would help for the Kingston to Montreal segment, the Mississauga (family home) to Kingston leg is still 286 km.

The dot looks more Kingston than Belleville to me. But time will tell. They will be open soon!

The red dots on the map are at Belleville and Brockville, not Kingston. So if they are building one at Kingston, then the map doesn't have much predictive value.

Also, while the one near Ottawa would help for the Kingston to Montreal segment, the Mississauga (family home) to Kingston leg is still 286 km.

Status
Not open for further replies.