Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's blame the government for not starting the "process", last year. Maybe if Sun Country takes the patents, they will have superchargers across Canada before Tesla! But seriously, Sun Country is a great company and thanks to Best Western as well, I was able to drive round trip from Toronto to P.E.I. using the Sun Country highway. I am sad that it has taken Tesla this long to start the process seeing "we" were on the super charger map a year ago for last fall opening.

To our American friends, Hope's claim to fame is the fact that it was the location for the movie Rambo.

Rambo First Blood!

2824007.jpg

I emailed the Kingston Economic Development Corporation to ask if they had any updates about the Kingston supercharger or if they could do anything to move it along. Their reply was that they sent Tesla the forms and explained the process months ago and have been chasing them ever since to submit the application, but Tesla hasn't yet provided any details about the desired location or specs. So the holdup in this case seems to be with Tesla or their contractor in Kingston, not with the city approving the permit.

So the holdup in this case seems to be with Tesla or their contractor in Kingston, not with the city approving the permit.

I'm not surprised by this. I picked November for the first one opening in Canada on the poll. I hope I am proven wrong and it's earlier than that but the way things are going, Sept and Oct are now looking optimistic.

HA! 1982 that movie came out? It sure doesn't seem like 32 years. Boy time flies! Another 32 years and I'll be 80! Hopefully, I'll still be around to post here.

I made my own inquiry with Tesla management, in parallel with doug's, above, and received a nice set of email replies. Here are a few clarifying details in addition to what is posted above:

Squamish should be the first Canadian site and we aim to break ground very soon - the final step is utility interconnection design.

For better or worse, the delays we've had in Canada are much more pedestrian than any kind of major certification issue and mostly go back to generally longer permitting, zoning, and utility timelines.

[italics are mine]

Onward!

"... the delays we've had in Canada are much more pedestrian than any kind of major certification issue and mostly go back to generally longer permitting, zoning, and utility timelines."

Generally longer than what? The time it takes to get these things done in the States? Sounds like gibberish to me.

"... the delays we've had in Canada are much more pedestrian than any kind of major certification issue and mostly go back to generally longer permitting, zoning, and utility timelines."

Generally longer than what? The time it takes to get these things done in the States? Sounds like gibberish to me.

"Tesla Motors is a US-based company that designs and manufactures the world’s leading electric vehicles, delivering more than 10,000 electric vehicles to customers in 31 countries"

Sadly this looks like it was submitted when Tesla had shipped 10,000 vehicles, when was that, last summer? So maybe it did take longer than expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.