Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Tesla Trade-ins - where do they go?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious to know a few things about what happens to Tesla vehicle trade-ins:

• does Tesla Canada even try to sell them or do they wholesale them off?
    • does Tesla do a mix of it - some keep for CPO, some just wholesale?
  • does Tesla do any work on them if they're trying to CPO them?
  • how long does it usually take for Tesla to turn around vehicles?

I'm asking as I'd like to see what happens with my own trade-in. I'm not seeing anything on Tesla's website for used Model S currently - but plenty for 3s/Ys.

Also, does anyone have suggestions as to where to sell off related accessories? I've got winter tires/wheels, roof rack, 2 sets of mats (one original, one Tesla WeatherTech) that I no longer need.

I believe Tesla puts them on auction for used dealers to resell now. The used inventory on the site is usually non existent.

might be interested in the winter wheel/Tires as i have a 2018 MS, what are you looking to get for them? Brand? trend depth? age? tpms?

you can always post sale items in the for sale part of the forum but its mostly US locations in there. i have seen people post there then link the thread in here to get more attention from us canadians

Got ya, I'll have to find out the different fitments then. I have a 2020 coming.
What winter wheels and tires do you have? Tread depth?
Thanks
My apologies @Lukez and @Mooda - just getting over COVID for a week so couldn't get to the tires until now.

I've got Tesla Cyclone 19" in silver with original TMPS. The tires are Michelin X-Ice XI3s averaging 8-9/32nds on all. Used 4 seasons, but they're in good order and clean. Slight scuffs on a rim or 2. Really looking just to see if anyone wants them. At most I'm asking is $250.

Also, does anyone have suggestions as to where to sell off related accessories? I've got winter tires/wheels, roof rack, 2 sets of mats (one original, one Tesla WeatherTech) that I no longer need.
For Sale posts are not allowed in the regional forums. Post your items in the Tesla Parts for Sale forum on TMC and then link to it in the pinned thread that is at the top of the thread list in this forum.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung