Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Tire to install SCs and other EV chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

wayner

Oct 29, 2014
Toronto
See story here Canadian Tire to install 240 fast chargers before year-end | Electric Autonomy Canada

There is a pdf that shows the details.

SCs to be installed at Canadian Tires in (west to east)
Castlegar, Regina, Kenora, T Bay, Kincardine, North Bay, Deep River, Bancroft and Ottawa.

Lots of flo, electrify canada, efficiency PEI

(Wat do EV charging companies have against capitalization? Do they think they are ee cummings)

See story here Canadian Tire to install 240 fast chargers before year-end | Electric Autonomy Canada

There is a pdf that shows the details.

SCs to be installed at Canadian Tires in (west to east)
Castlegar, Regina, Kenora, T Bay, Kincardine, North Bay, Deep River, Bancroft and Ottawa.

Lots of flo, electrify canada, efficiency PEI

(Wat do EV charging companies have against capitalization? Do they think they are ee cummings)
Note:
OPERATIONAL LOCATIONS:
North Bay
T-Bay
Kenora
Regina
Deep River

COMING SOON:
Ottawa (Nepean)
Bancroft
Kincardine
Castlegar

The Ottawa location is sorely needed and I’m extremely excited for it. The current location (only one in the city....) is an urban charger deep inside a parking garage downtown, extremely unhelpful.

Fantastic! Hopefully an SC goes in around the Cranbrook area. Fort Macleod to Castlegar ain’t going to work unless you have a 100D and drive 60 km/h! Hah

Good to see a FLO going in at Fernie though.
I chuckled when I saw this. The manufacturer's Rep for FLO lives in Fernie, Go figure that they put one there......

Reactions: Hugh Mannity
Interesting point - unlike a gas station, there's very little need for attendants etc. and a lot less infrastructure to manage with a charging station. No tanks, no risk of flammable liquids catching fire, spilling, etc. As a result these chargers can go anywhere, even places that don't maintain the same hours as a gas station - Canadian Tire stores, other stores, restaurants, hotels.

It's debatable what to do at a hotel - maybe a pair of fast chargers like Petrocan for drop-in daytime chargers, and a row of overnight chargers would work. I wonder if Tesla or someone will construct a means of taking payment for simple Tesla wall chargers - maybe a remote controlled relay or timer inline, so the front desk can turn on a charger, with suitable payment, say for 6 hours. That infrastructure would be incredibly cheap and effective for drumming up business. "I'm in room 206, I parked in stall 14, can you turn on the charger for 6 hours?" Verify car charging via app.