Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian - Trying to Buy Used 2017ish MX 100D - gotchas with features?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am based in Toronto and trying to buy a used 2017 MX 100D. I have settled on the 2017 year as a sweet spot given AP2 HW standard and seems there are some pretty low KM ones out there coming off lease. However this is confusing as heck vs. buying traditional given all the features and how they are activated - lol. I have a few questions -

1) Features like FSD - will they transfer to me? Some dealers and and private sellers showing full FSD package however i'm nervous as heck that it won't transfer or Telsa will shut off? Any ideas?

2) Better to buy private or via dealer (b/c of above possible issue)?

3) AP2 is standard on all - assuming i can get the AP3 upgrade + MCU2 upgrade from SC ($2500 USD)

4) Pricing is quite all over the place - from 80-100k CAD for 2017 X100D - some with accidents on lower end

5) Carfax and accident - two great deals i'm looking at had a mini fender bender - how much would deduct from value of MX if it didn't have clean carfax?

6) One dealer has imported two MX from California with low kms and warranty left - nervous the US import vehicle may get different treatment from Tesla Canada?

7) Anything i should ask for when doing my homework? So far i've been asking each seller to send carfax, picture of vehicle info screens and Tesla order upgrade list

8) Favorite vehicle as 88,000 kms - just been fully serviced, new tires etc but off the bumper to bumper warranty. From everything i've read, 88k on these cars isn't much