Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian Winter Weather and the Charging Port.. Any 3D printing pro's?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I posted this to reddit as well - but it's probably more of a canadian issue:

I've had a bit of the stuck door handle and windows not lowering due to cold/ice issues. I've also had a lot of cars (subarus) with frameless windows and at this temperature never had this issue. Anyway - I'm sure it will get sorted out, but right now I'm using a ziplock bag with a hole in it for the Tesla Home Charger wand.... trying to keep moisture and snow from freezing in the port and making it hard to pull the charger out.

So I've been looking to see what's out there (and there isn't really anything) .... but came across a couple of 1772 snow covers for Volts/Bolts. They look like they could be just what's needed.

Any Tesla Enthusiasts/3-D Printer experts out there who could print something like this?

EV J1772 ice and snow protector cover fit Volt 2016-2018 | eBay

I posted this to reddit as well - but it's probably more of a canadian issue:

I've had a bit of the stuck door handle and windows not lowering due to cold/ice issues. I've also had a lot of cars (subarus) with frameless windows and at this temperature never had this issue. Anyway - I'm sure it will get sorted out, but right now I'm using a ziplock bag with a hole in it for the Tesla Home Charger wand.... trying to keep moisture and snow from freezing in the port and making it hard to pull the charger out.

So I've been looking to see what's out there (and there isn't really anything) .... but came across a couple of 1772 snow covers for Volts/Bolts. They look like they could be just what's needed.

Any Tesla Enthusiasts/3-D Printer experts out there who could print something like this?

EV J1772 ice and snow protector cover fit Volt 2016-2018 | eBay

Almost looks like some sort of a floor mat cut out of the shape of the charge handle. Might be better to make one yourself then to 3D print one