Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian X Refresh Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery today 🎉 LR blue/black 6 seats. Original order March 2022 (yes 2022).

The delivery guy confirmed Tesla is pushing S and X deliveries before the Sept 1st luxury taxe. I'm glad I could get it before that.

Overall the car is awesome, it's a ****ing spaceship, and this coming from a Y.

A few QA issues, some window trim sticking out, 3 row seats back carpet not properly attached and damaged plastic, and FWD interior trim not properly attached.

Apart from that, it's clean.

I'm taking it to the SC next week to get this things fixed, see attached pics.
Congrat man! Nice looking blue model x.
How are you getting your delivery so soon? You ordered in march 2022 and got the car in 5 month. Everyone i know have to wait for at least a year

Congrat man! Nice looking blue model x.
How are you getting your delivery so soon? You ordered in march 2022 and got the car in 5 month. Everyone i know have to wait for at least a year
I really don't know for sure. The window first moved to July/August 2022 in mid May. Then it held and they honored that window.

The delivery folk told me they definitely try to push as many S/X they can before the luxury tax hits. So they try to push delivery on everyone who is ready to take delivery.
When I placed my order, I immediately filled the steps, including no trade-in and cash payment (ended up financing when I got the VIN).

A colleague of mine in Indiana placed is order at the same moment, LR black/black 6 seats, he still have January 2023 expected delivery.

To me, it definitely feels they rush 2022 order before the luxury tax applies. Because it won't be applied to 2021 orders.
And there is always the "higher margin" rumors.

But really, no idea.

I really don't know for sure. The window first moved to July/August 2022 in mid May. Then it held and they honored that window.

The delivery folk told me they definitely try to push as many S/X they can before the luxury tax hits. So they try to push delivery on everyone who is ready to take delivery.
When I placed my order, I immediately filled the steps, including no trade-in and cash payment (ended up financing when I got the VIN).

A colleague of mine in Indiana placed is order at the same moment, LR black/black 6 seats, he still have January 2023 expected delivery.

To me, it definitely feels they rush 2022 order before the luxury tax applies. Because it won't be applied to 2021 orders.
And there is always the "higher margin" rumors.

But really, no idea.
Which location did you take your delivery?

I noticed this by accident today - there are actual touch buttons for gear selection where you don’t have to use your touchscreen. They lit up when I held down on one of the letters. Did anyone else know this or am I just really behind on the features?

Attachments

• E1AAAF44-02D8-4B52-94C9-8A60236CFE20.jpeg
    E1AAAF44-02D8-4B52-94C9-8A60236CFE20.jpeg
    644 KB · Views: 68
  • 79BB12AF-BF8E-4B34-8D10-08F657100ADC.jpeg
    79BB12AF-BF8E-4B34-8D10-08F657100ADC.jpeg
    631.8 KB · Views: 37
I noticed this by accident today - there are actual touch buttons for gear selection where you don’t have to use your touchscreen. They lit up when I held down on one of the letters. Did anyone else know this or am I just really behind on the features?
Wow! Good find, I had no idea. Will check in the morning.

I am also almost certain that in front of the front passenger on the dash is a screen that hasn’t been activated yet.

Reactions: cipherstream
Today my delivery date window changed from November 6 - January 1 to August 8 - 14 and I got an email from Tesla for final payment. I can see my VIN number in Source code as well as MVPA.
Finally!
(I had placed my order in October 2021)
Update: Got text message to schedule the delivery. Got just one date to choose from (August 16th) and with a 4 and half hour delivery time window to pick.

Did he take a plaid? They had 3 in inventory
No. His order was for LR. Must be error in app. Contacted Sales rep who confirmed its error. My brother decided to take one of the plaids the blue/cream. There is still three plaids left. If you do the math, i believe it’s better value to take the plaid now before September than wait for LR post September. Id urge people to consider it before they are sold.

No. His order was for LR. Must be error in app. Contacted Sales rep who confirmed its error. My brother decided to take one of the plaids the blue/cream. There is still three plaids left. If you do the math, i believe it’s better value to take the plaid now before September than wait for LR post September. Id urge people to consider it before they are sold.
Why is plaid is a better value ?

The tesla online inventory shows no x plaid left. Where can you see the inventory?

Why is plaid is a better value ?

The tesla online inventory shows no x plaid left. Where can you see the inventory?
If you were to order a fully loaded model x LR today and pick up post September, the math is as follows if I’m not mistaken :

Right now Plaid fully loaded : 210080 x 13% = 237390

Vs

LR fully loaded post sept : 191,090 x 13% = 215,931.7 + luxury tax ( 91,090 x 20% = 18,218 ) = 234,149.7

For 3k more you can get plaid now. Future value of plaid should be better on plaid.

I know it doesn’t show up. Just goto Sherway gardens. They have about 10 plaids.