Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian X Refresh Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i dont understand whats still holding on for canadian model x deliveries. It cant be winter testing or regulatory approval as i know Models S deliveries started within couple of months of being delivered in US. It is so depressing to watch people who ordered many many months after us are getting delivered even though we were promised to get deliveries at the same time or a month later.

i dont understand whats still holding on for canadian model x deliveries. It cant be winter testing or regulatory approval as i know Models S deliveries started within couple of months of being delivered in US. It is so depressing to watch people who ordered many many months after us are getting delivered even though we were promised to get deliveries at the same time or a month later.

I agree. It's very confusing this rollout. I hope we will see a batch start in Q2.

Reactions: TrevTremaine
I agree. It's very confusing this rollout. I hope we will see a batch start in Q2.
It's absolutely bizarre. August may be a placeholder that has sufficient cushion to allow them to deliver earlier, but certainly nothing has moved thus far. Another 4 months to potentially go, but I would hate to see another delay happen since that luxury tax comes into effect in September. All that said, after 6 or 7 delivery date changes I've got no faith left. If there was decent competition, I would have left by now.

Reactions: Jons1234
I got myself a 2022 S from Tesla inventory & will decide if I will keep the X depending when its ready and what interest rates are and the luxury tax at the time. I'm really enjoying the S so I recommend picking one up - it is a fun car.
I did the same a Plaid S from inventory. I still have my Day 1 Plaid X reservation which is potentially 35K cheaper if it gets delivered in August vs ordering a new one today with the price increase and luxury tax delta. I don't think I will get the X though I did miss it when packing to go to airport for Spring Break. The suitcases/bags were a tight fit vs the older X. I don't miss the Falcon doors (as i thought I would) as they were a pain at times to open in tighter spots. That said having the acceleration in a SUV-class vehicle would be incredible.

Reactions: Dr Gez
It's absolutely bizarre. August may be a placeholder that has sufficient cushion to allow them to deliver earlier, but certainly nothing has moved thus far. Another 4 months to potentially go, but I would hate to see another delay happen since that luxury tax comes into effect in September. All that said, after 6 or 7 delivery date changes I've got no faith left. If there was decent competition, I would have left by now.
I've currently got deposits on:
  1. BMW iX - It's fugly and has no dog mode
  2. Rivian R1S - 7 seat (pre-price hike) - No FWD but I'm personally more excited about this than the Model X
  3. Cybertruck
  4. Lucid Air GT
Sounds like Lucid is going to be the first cab off the rank but it's a total donkey race at this point.

BMW Oakville promised me a test drive of the iX in March if I put a refundable deposit down -- no test drive.

We have a baby coming in September so I need a bigger car by then.

Reactions: TrevTremaine
I've currently got deposits on:
  1. BMW iX - It's fugly and has no dog mode
  2. Rivian R1S - 7 seat (pre-price hike) - No FWD but I'm personally more excited about this than the Model X
  3. Cybertruck
  4. Lucid Air GT
Sounds like Lucid is going to be the first cab off the rank but it's a total donkey race at this point.

BMW Oakville promised me a test drive of the iX in March if I put a refundable deposit down -- no test drive.

We have a baby coming in September so I need a bigger car by then.

I also have a Rivian R1S and Cybertruck with deposits. I may be lucky to get the Rivian in 2023 but since they have now slashed production targets for 2022, I could see it spill into 2024. Cybertruck will be same - 2023/2024 - but unsure if I will even get it.

Why not get a Model Y from inventory as it would be the same as the iX but probably hold value better and would be easier to trade in when the X is ready?

I also have a Rivian R1S and Cybertruck with deposits. I may be lucky to get the Rivian in 2023 but since they have now slashed production targets for 2022, I could see it spill into 2024. Cybertruck will be same - 2023/2024 - but unsure if I will even get it.

Why not get a Model Y from inventory as it would be the same as the iX but probably hold value better and would be easier to trade in when the X is ready?
Well, we've already got a Model Y. I considered it, but the ride quality is substandard - so much so that my kids get car sick on anything longer than 20-30 minutes, especially on less-than-perfect roads (ie. everywhere). I'm still mulling over an aftermarket suspension kit to see if that will make it better, although I'm not going to do it if there's even so much as a hint that the warranties are voided. Comparatively, the Model S is so much smoother, but it's a pain for my son to sit in the back, and frankly we're looking to do "packratting" with sports stuff (bikes, skis, canoes, etc. The Model X isn't going to be able to handle all of that, especially since the weight limits on the tow hook are so ridiculously low. A family of 4 cannot tow their bikes unless half are put in the trunk. I keep on harping on how every Tesla is an exercise in compromises. I see the same thing is going to happen with the CyberTruck and I think that while it'll sell some volume, others will see how the sides around the bed will make it more challenging to use. There's a reason why pickup truck design hasn't progressed much in - what - 80+ years.

I've got an R1T on order. I will not say I love the front, but I'm coming to accept it - especially since it's a well thought out design otherwise. Want to get out and go? Simple - click on the racks, put on the bikes and you're gone. Pack stuff underneath, protected, the tunnel and frunk will be very usable space. Add in gear guard, power sockets and air pump and it's an easy deal.

My hope is that Rivian is being overly cautious with their production numbers. Over the past couple of weeks, I'm hearing of more deliveries of the R1T than I'm hearing of the Model X. Neither one is perfect, but Tesla's killed any enthusiasm while I'm actually looking forward to the R1T.

We'll just have to wait and see how things work out. Keep watching the quarterly reports to see how it's all going. These reports should be out next month and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Reactions: Dr Gez
I noticed someone else posted about their LR November order from Toronto moving to an actual date range for EDD, mine changed today I guess to April 15 to May 6. Plaid / MSM with white interior / 20 inch. Seems like we may get our first Canadian deliveries very soon!

Attachments

• 577670FD-757B-4BB8-B0DF-CED3AC0BA658.jpeg
    577670FD-757B-4BB8-B0DF-CED3AC0BA658.jpeg
    146.6 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: Tz00 and Dr Gez