Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian X Refresh Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my MSM plaid at Vaughan today, smooth and quick. I didn’t notice any obvious defects externally, I checked pretty thoroughly. Didn’t get to drive it yet though. Had it taken on a flatbed to get PPFed right away. Another 5 days to wait before I get to finally try it out!
Congrats! What was your order date?

Glad to hear of something finally happening.

Reactions: Dagna1
Does anyone know if Canadians can modify their order (ie change colour) and maintain pricing & place in line the US customers can? In the main thread US can email [email protected] and get changes made - has any Canadian tried and been successful?
When I contacted order support they said it was US only that they knew of, they felt like it would definitely change the pricing if they did it. Of course my SA said they couldn't do it without triggering a price change. I was thinking of changing my exterior color before delivery but I couldn't find any way to do it without changing the price. They may allow it eventually, but they may be waiting till backlog of orders goes down before allowing it I guess.

When I contacted order support they said it was US only that they knew of, they felt like it would definitely change the pricing if they did it. Of course my SA said they couldn't do it without triggering a price change. I was thinking of changing my exterior color before delivery but I couldn't find any way to do it without changing the price. They may allow it eventually, but they may be waiting till backlog of orders goes down before allowing it I guess.
Thanks - that is what I suspected. My SA hasn't responded to me in many months - I've sent maybe 4 emails over the last 6 months & no acknowledgement to any of them.

I took delivery of my plaid yesterday in mtl and there were paint issues and chip on top of panel gap, misalignments, over cut rubber trim etc…..
It’s really sad that you had to wait all of this time to have these issues.

I was reflecting with my wife that our 2018 “Hand Made in a Tent Special” Model 3 Performance has been the most issue free car I’ve ever owned.

I currently own a Porsche Taycan Turbo as well and while the mechanical build quality is spectacular the software and technology is a nightmare.

I was just hoping that Tesla would eventually get their act in gear on the quality control front but it seems that is a pipe dream.

It’s really sad that you had to wait all of this time to have these issues.

I was reflecting with my wife that our 2018 “Hand Made in a Tent Special” Model 3 Performance has been the most issue free car I’ve ever owned.

I currently own a Porsche Taycan Turbo as well and while the mechanical build quality is spectacular the software and technology is a nightmare.

I was just hoping that Tesla would eventually get their act in gear on the quality control front but it seems that is a pipe dream.
To be honest, there were more panels gaps than my old 2017 X... but I am trying to look at the brighter side, it is still a fun car to drive and what car gives you equity before even before signing the papers? The power is insane, kinda of too much for me to be honest, so I am not sure I will keep it.

I am sure the build quality of porsche outstands Tesla, but at the same time, Tesla is still a young company vs Porsche so I shouldn't compare. Give them some time ;)