Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian X Refresh Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I guess it's to be expected. Apparently, all models got an extra ding too. I'm a bit surprised since the Canadian dollar has been stronger for a while now. Tesla increases prices for all Model S, 3, X and Y variants in Canada
Prices will continue to go up as they continue to have this massive demand. As soon as demand starts to slow, they will drop prices but who knows when that will happen - its taking a long time for the competition to ramp up and we've been hearing for many years that the next Tesla killer is on its way but now it looks like legacy won't be at major production until 2025+ - every year they give Tesla more time, the harder it will be to overcome them,

Appears so. Just checked mine - no change from August. I've got no faith in an earlier delivery at this point and won't hold my breath over August either.
The call I got from Telsa (not sure whether it was the Service Centre or somewhere else) seemed fairly positive I’d get the car before September. It doesn’t seem that many came north of the boarder this time around but we’ll see. I guess the silver lining is that we get a to wait another quarter or so and get the matrix headlights. Rivian R1S deliveries start this month in the USA, I would have bet the farm that the Model X (Feb 2021 order) would have come first but we’ll see now.

Last edited:
The call I got from Telsa (not sure whether it was the Service Centre or somewhere else) seemed fairly positive I’d get the car before September. It doesn’t seem that many came north of the boarder this time around but we’ll see. I guess the silver lining is that we get a to wait another quarter or so and get the matrix headlights. Rivian R1S deliveries start this month in the USA, I would have bet the farm that the Model X (Feb 2021 order) would have come first but we’ll see now.
I'm reading that Rivian will start Canadian deliveries in September, although they now seem to be ramping it up south of the border now. I've got an R1T with MaxPack order, so I'm not expecting it for probably a year. If they called and offered the regular range around September I might be inclined to forgo the Model X.

The issue for Rivian is that their only delivery centre is in Vancouver for the moment. I would assume Toronto will get one soon - probably slightly before the time of the Canadian deliveries.

About the only benefit for me right now is that I can sit back and see how each manufacturer is doing by the end of the next quarter.

Meanwhile, Tesla isn't giving me any faith in their abilities to get the job done. I've had a buyout that I'm awaiting the final paperwork since I started the process back in February. The US side took a while, now the Canadian side hasn't responded for over a month. How long does it take to complete some damned paperwork?! I've got to chase them down (again) since the contact email address I got from head office is an internal email address and Tesla is rejecting any emails I send to them.

I'm reading that Rivian will start Canadian deliveries in September, although they now seem to be ramping it up south of the border now. I've got an R1T with MaxPack order, so I'm not expecting it for probably a year. If they called and offered the regular range around September I might be inclined to forgo the Model X.

The issue for Rivian is that their only delivery centre is in Vancouver for the moment. I would assume Toronto will get one soon - probably slightly before the time of the Canadian deliveries.

About the only benefit for me right now is that I can sit back and see how each manufacturer is doing by the end of the next quarter.

Meanwhile, Tesla isn't giving me any faith in their abilities to get the job done. I've had a buyout that I'm awaiting the final paperwork since I started the process back in February. The US side took a while, now the Canadian side hasn't responded for over a month. How long does it take to complete some damned paperwork?! I've got to chase them down (again) since the contact email address I got from head office is an internal email address and Tesla is rejecting any emails I send to them.
I've got a R1S on order but plan to replace the minivan with that & keep both the R1S and X. I was told by Rivian to not expect the R1S until 2023 at some point.

• Informative
Reactions: TrevTremaine
I've got a R1S on order but plan to replace the minivan with that & keep both the R1S and X. I was told by Rivian to not expect the R1S until 2023 at some point.
I bought a Taycan Turbo after the disappointing comms over my Model S Plaid+ and then Plaid. I can’t stand it any longer so I’ve just confirmed my Lucid Grand Touring Performance which should be 2-3 months.

My ideal at this point would be the GT-P and the Rivian R1S so my wife doesn’t have to deal with the yoke.

Based on the Edmunds Model S test on the low friction circuit I really worry about her hitting a patch of ice and not being able to control the car with the yoke. If it’s spinning out of control it would be hard to catch.

Last edited:
FYI Quick update for my fellow Canadians.. (read my thread from pages 6-8 I think !).
Dates got toggled between April and August on a few frustrating occasions ! Ridiculous.
Anyhow, just got a new VIN the other day. I also now have a delivery date (that’s new , never had that !!) , next Saturday.
Model x LR 6 seater. Ordered Oct 2020
I’ll believe it when I see it.

FYI Quick update for my fellow Canadians.. (read my thread from pages 6-8 I think !).
Dates got toggled between April and August on a few frustrating occasions ! Ridiculous.
Anyhow, just got a new VIN the other day. I also now have a delivery date (that’s new , never had that !!) , next Saturday.
Congrats!

What is your VIN on this build? Did they delay you any futher?

The only positive is that the final draft of the luxury tax has been changed that anyone who ordered before 2022, and regardless of their delivery date, will be exempt from the luxury tax. So those of us who ordered last year after April 2021 are protected
Could you provide the source where you saw this specified? In the draft that I saw it still said April 2021 and September 1, 2022 for the implementation.

Could you provide the source where you saw this specified? In the draft that I saw it still said April 2021 and September 1, 2022 for the implementation.
Here is the change in language in Bill C-19 as it used to reference April 2021

1652885803236.png

Here is an article about it.

1652885694809.png

Attachments

• 1652884716651.png
    1652884716651.png
    28.7 KB · Views: 57
  • 1652884751702.png
    1652884751702.png
    28.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 1652885720368.png