Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian X Refresh Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed order for MXLR-7Seater in October 2021. Initial Est.Delivery date was May 2022. It switched to September 2022 in January this year and today it changed to December 2022-April 2023 window.
Today, my order Est. delivery date got updated to August 21 - October 16 [This year]. Since everybody is getting slightly different windows, this date appears to be a bit more reliable...but again, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I placed order for MXLR-7Seater in October 2021. Initial Est.Delivery date was May 2022. It switched to September 2022 in January this year and today it changed to December 2022-April 2023 window.
Today, my order Est. delivery date got updated to August 21 - October 16 [This year]. Since everybody is getting slightly different delivery date, this date appears to be a bit more reliable...but again, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Mine November 5th to January 14th. Original order date was August 10th 2021.

I think I messed up my profile completion date by changing from loan to cash or when I changed to white interior so my new edd is later than everyones else based on my original order date

Here is the change in language in Bill C-19 as it used to reference April 2021

View attachment 805769

Here is an article about it.

View attachment 805764

I could be wrong but I think order agreement from tesla is different than purchase agreement mentioned in the draft so if you get your model x after September 1st and ordered in 2021 you would have to pay for the luxury tax still.

I could be wrong but I think order agreement from tesla is different than purchase agreement mentioned in the draft so if you get your model x after September 1st and ordered in 2021 you would have to pay for the luxury tax still.
You scared me for a sec, but looks like this isn’t the case. When I got my 3P last year, I put a $100 deposit down and they matched me with a car, and the formal agreement was drawn up. This car was delivered after 3 days.

The order agreement and the purchase agreement are dated the date of the deposit. Actually the order agreement and the purchase agreement are the same document, just with a vin and finance docs attached.

The order agreement with the $100 deposit actually has the header “motor vehicle purchase agreement”

Attachments

• 3BC829AC-F125-4A84-9396-0D06F96AF6AE.jpeg
    3BC829AC-F125-4A84-9396-0D06F96AF6AE.jpeg
    224.6 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
You scared me for a sec, but looks like this isn’t the case. When I got my 3P last year, I put a $100 deposit down and they matched me with a car, and the formal agreement was drawn up. This car was delivered after 3 days.

The order agreement and the purchase agreement are dated the date of the deposit. Actually the order agreement and the purchase agreement are the same document, just with a vin and finance docs attached.

The order agreement with the $100 deposit actually has the header “motor vehicle purchase agreement”
Oh that's good, I'm glad to be wrong!

did model X longe range just increased its price by 23K CDN in less than one year? I just ordered on April this year and long range base price is significantly higher than last year's pricing that you guys are getting
Yes, Tesla has been increasing prices for all its models - especially over the last year. It's the cheapest price when you place the order, so best advice is to place your order as soon as you can - to lock the price. I'm pretty sure, you'll be happy with your price at the time of delivery (as prices would have increased even further by then).

Reactions: coolmanfever
Ordered July 2021…changed to Dec 22-April 23…then checked today now showing August to October. At least it was a change in a better direction.
Me too - ordered may 2021 and was changed to Dec 2022-April 23 now is showing August to October. I imagine the negative feedback was swift.

I freaked out when we’ve been waiting for years only to have the same delivery date of a new purchase today that is showing the delivery date of Jan 2023 - April 2023.

Me too - ordered may 2021 and was changed to Dec 2022-April 23 now is showing August to October. I imagine the negative feedback was swift.

I freaked out when we’ve been waiting for years only to have the same delivery date of a new purchase today that is showing the delivery date of Jan 2023 - April 2023.
I think, Tesla moved all Model X orders temporarily to Dec 2022 - Apr 2023 placeholder while rearranging them in queue based on order date and their projected production sequence. Once done, they then moved everybody back to slightly different dates, providing a bit more realistic timelines for everybody... Still, the new estimated dates are an 8 week window... We should be getting a better estimate closer to the actual delivery date. Fingers crossed.