Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Canadian X Refresh Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My tesla advisor called me this morning stating the car was in house and that I could pass by to check it out. Official delivery day is this tuesday, but they let me inspect it. This is not my first tesla, and very used to find defects. This car is absolutely flawless! No misalignement, no rubbing, everything works as it should. Has tilting screen. Plaid Vin 342xxx. Im coming from a 2016 MX P90D and ill post a comparison after a couple days. But the interior alone feels sooo much better already

Attachments

• PXL_20220605_170058265_exported_541_1654461832052.jpg
    PXL_20220605_170058265_exported_541_1654461832052.jpg
    417.7 KB · Views: 106
  • PXL_20220605_170147623_exported_561_1654462284153.jpg
    PXL_20220605_170147623_exported_561_1654462284153.jpg
    437.5 KB · Views: 63
I'm down in Oakville this morning and see a couple of black refresh Xs awaiting delivery. At least it's now tangible in my eyes.
don't lose hope, and on the plus side, looks like they are getting better at production so the long wait was worth it! I've seen about a dozen of them, and they all seem to be near perfect. Even the ppf guys are saying they are much better built.

don't lose hope, and on the plus side, looks like they are getting better at production so the long wait was worth it! I've seen about a dozen of them, and they all seem to be near perfect. Even the ppf guys are saying they are much better built.

Well, at this point I'm almost certain to walk away from Tesla as a whole. After doing everything to do a lease buyout of my Model S the cost to safety it is absolutely ridiculous, especially on a vehicle that's got just shy over 43,000 km on it. No damages, no accidents, this is my 2nd round of safety checks and now around $12-13K out of pocket. Big ticket items were the headlight replacement because of the DRLs were partially burnt out (first inspection) and now the front brakes due to a high level of rust (2nd inspection).

I'm less than impressed with the "maintenance free" BS being quoted as a reason to go with Tesla. I doubt that even in private sale I'd be able to break even.

did you see any 6 seater LR's or all these plaids and 5 seaters? my EDD hasnt changed since last update and hoping we should have some news in a week or so.
Stanley, honestly, I only looked at a distance so couldn't see the configurations. I couldn't bring myself to actually get any closer than a car length away. I did see a few inside awaiting deliveries. The only one I could specifically see was a black Plaid.

Reactions: stanley7175
My EDD has been updated again: From August 21 - October 16 to June 17 - July 3 now. My Order date for MXLR 7-seater was in October 2021. No VIN yet, but it seems things have started to move in the right direction after all. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: Caines
My EDD has been updated again: From August 21 - October 16 to June 17 - July 3 now. My Order date for MXLR 7-seater was in October 2021. No VIN yet, but it seems things have started to move in the right direction after all. Fingers crossed.
That’s great news I hope mine gets pushed up as well. It’s currently sitting at July 11-august 22nd MXLR 7 seater. White on white. 20s with FSD. Order date august 7th 2021.

Got my car yesterday, delivery was quick with no hiccups, only thing I found on the car was one handle was crooked and some door weatherstrip wasn't pushed in correctly, all of wich I corrected myself. Coming from my 2016 MX, I can say the car feels the way it should for its price tag. I couldn't say the same for the previous one. Cabin is much quieter, seats are more comfortable, center console has way better design, and MCU3 is miles ahead of MCU2 for sure. Lots of small details all around the car makes it better than the legacy. Power is just ridiculous, we had a P90D and acceleration is not comparable. Its runs also more efficient, at 170-190wh/km, compared to 230-270 for the same conditions (did baseline) feels like I can get double the range. This is a Plaid with 20" wheels and FSD. Only complaint is Ac, wich is always too cold, but we have the same problem with the MY, so i think this is heatpump related as the 2016 only had regular AC. We set it on manual or else the auto setting overshoots the fan speed.

Attachments

• PXL_20220607_200216265.jpg
    PXL_20220607_200216265.jpg
    716.5 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG-20220607-WA0000.jpeg
    IMG-20220607-WA0000.jpeg
    217.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20220607_160155_01.jpg
    IMG_20220607_160155_01.jpg
    280.4 KB · Views: 59
  • PXL_20220607_200333720.jpg
    PXL_20220607_200333720.jpg
    406.6 KB · Views: 57
I got Final payment ready email from Tesla just now. The VIN is showing on my MVPA but not on account directly ( 7SAXCBE52NF344XX). EDD shows Jun8- jun 13th. Fellow canadians this is the 1st 6 seater LR i am guessing and hoping good news coming for you all soon.
Congrats,I'm still waiting for the final payment email though I have scheduled the delivery appointment already.

Reactions: stanley7175
Got my car yesterday, delivery was quick with no hiccups, only thing I found on the car was one handle was crooked and some door weatherstrip wasn't pushed in correctly, all of wich I corrected myself. Coming from my 2016 MX, I can say the car feels the way it should for its price tag. I couldn't say the same for the previous one. Cabin is much quieter, seats are more comfortable, center console has way better design, and MCU3 is miles ahead of MCU2 for sure. Lots of small details all around the car makes it better than the legacy. Power is just ridiculous, we had a P90D and acceleration is not comparable. Its runs also more efficient, at 170-190wh/km, compared to 230-270 for the same conditions (did baseline) feels like I can get double the range. This is a Plaid with 20" wheels and FSD. Only complaint is Ac, wich is always too cold, but we have the same problem with the MY, so i think this is heatpump related as the 2016 only had regular AC. We set it on manual or else the auto setting overshoots the fan speed.
Beautiful car, MX is appears to be very friendly for child seats, I have a bit trouble putting my kid in the MS every time.

I'm down in Oakville this morning and see a couple of black refresh Xs awaiting delivery. At least it's now tangible in my eyes.
Oh! They got more! I was one of the first matches in a few weeks ago. Took delivery on May 31st. So far so good. No major problems.

There was a small paint scratch, small bit of rubber trim need fixing, backup “great” selector needs to be replaced.

I went from a 2016 Model-S to this. It’s worth the wait!

One thing I noticed, the dancing mode on the Model-X doesn’t seem use the falcon wing doors. I need to try it again.

FYI: The portable chargers that come with the cars no longer include the 14-50 adapter. You have to order it, $55.

Last edited:
I just received an email from a Tesla advisor asking me to "Please upload a valid Driver's License as soon as possible to avoid delay to your delivery."

I'm taking delivery tomorrow morning. Does anyone know where do I upload the driver's license at this stage?

This advisor is no replying me after sending me the email.